Live The Dream With Your Star Stable
Racing fans can live their racing dream this Autumn Racing Carnival through Sky Racing's BIG6 Star Stable.
Almost 40,000 participants took part in Sky Racing's Star Stable competitions in 2008 and the turf is set for an even bigger game this autumn.
The game is simple. With a virtual $6 million to spend, candidates buy a stable of 12 horses they think will be the stars of the Autumn Racing Carnival. Players even select their own stable jockey to follow. A trade period each week gives players the chance to fine-tune their stable.
The competition will run over the big six days of the Autumn Racing Carnival, starting on Ladies Day at Rosehill Gardens on Saturday 21 March featuring the Group 1 Coolmore Classic and Ranvet Stakes and finishing on Sydney Cup Day at Royal Randwick on Saturday 25 April featuring four Group 1 events: The Sydney Cup, Queen Elizabeth Stakes, Champagne Stakes and the All Aged Stakes.
The more prize money each stable wins, the better their chances of being the big star and winning an all inclusive trip for six people to the 2009 Emirates Melbourne Cup.
The overall winner also receives a $1,000 NSW or Victorian TAB account. Where not permitted by law the $1,000 TAB account will be replaced by $1000 in cash.
The following weekly prizes will also be won:
• Any player whose Star Stable includes the winners of the BIG6 races as nominated by the NSW TAB will win $6,000. If more than one player's stable wins the BIG6, then the prize money of $6,000 will be split evenly among all winners.
• Each week the player who trains the stable that has been credited with the most virtual prize money for that period will receive a $500 TAB betting voucher. If a player has an active NSW or Victorian TAB account the amount will be doubled to $1,000. (Where not permitted by law the prize will be replaced by $500 in cash or $1,000 if the player has an active NSW or Victorian TAB account).
- ● Derby Winner Heads Australian Shipment To Hong Kong
- ● Strong International Entries For Melbourne Cup
- ● Melbourne Cup nominations to be released
- ● 124 Entries For 2016 Melbourne Cup
Jockey Celebration Day is held nationally on the first Saturday in August each year and celebrates the achievements of former and current jockeys, commemorates those who have lost their lives and raises awareness and funds for the National Jockeys’ Trust to help support injured or ill jockeys and their families.