Massive Cup Turnover and Dividends
Tabcorp's betting turnover on the 2012 Melbourne Cup was almost $100 million, rising by more than 6 percent from last year.
Punters wagered $97.3 million on the Melbourne Cup with Tabcorp, up 6.5% on 2011.
A total of $147.2 million was wagered on the 10 races at Flemington through 2850 TAB outlets in NSW and Victoria, online at tab.com.au, TAB mobile apps, telephone betting and racecourses.
There were 700 TAB operators working at Flemington.
Features of TAB betting on the Melbourne Cup and Flemington comprised:
There was $37.4 million wagered through the Victorian TAB tote on the Melbourne Cup, with $66.8 million wagered on the 10 races at Flemington.
• In NSW, there was $50 million wagered through the tote on the Melbourne Cup and $64.3 million wagered on the 10 races at Flemington.
• TAB Fixed odds betting turnover (NSW and Victoria combined) was a record $9.9 million on the Melbourne Cup. TAB Fixed Odds turnover on the 10 races at Flemington was $16.1 million.
* The Melbourne Cup winner, Green Moon, paid $22.50 on the Victorian tote and $20.80
on the NSW tote. Green Moon opened at $26 with TAB Fixed Odds in May and started $22 today.
* The Trifecta combination of Green Moon, Fiorente and Jakkalberry paid $51,177.30 in NSW and
$45,941.40 in Victoria. The First 4 (with Kelinni placing fourth) paid $1,467,099.60
in NSW and $969,406.60 in Victoria.
“Melbourne Cup day wagering is a vast operational exercise for Tabcorp, given the
number of bets and transactions that our systems process,” said Tabcorp Managing
Director and Chief Executive Officer, David Attenborough.
“Our employees and systems were geared up to perform efficiently on Melbourne Cup
day and they have delivered once again.”
Queensland-based Tattsbet took $40 million in Melbourne Cup sales.
West Australia punters wagered an all-time record for the state on the Melbourne Cup, betting more than $15.56 million on the race.
Betfair reported $5,289,775 was matched on the Melbourne Cup with less than 4percent ($188,415) on the winner Green Moon.
His Betfair starting price was $22 with $24 his maximum in-play odds after the start.
Betfair matched $905,955 on the exchange favourite Mount Athos and second favourite Dunaden attracted just under $800,000.
- ● Choose your friends wisely, warns NRL boss
- ● Titans poised to snare centre Hurrell
- ● Guerra, Myles to repay Qld faith
- ● Qld will brutalise Moylan: Minichiello