| 2004 Golden Slipper Festival 2004|
Day 4: AAMI Golden Slipper Day
Rosehill Gardens, Saturday 3 April 2004
Since it was first run in 1957 the AAMI Golden Slipper has been Sydney Turf Club's showpiece event. It is the World's richest race for two-year-old thoroughbreds and its impact on thoroughbred racing and the breeding industry is second to none.
The 2004 running, 48th of the Series, will see a quality line up compete for a record AUS $3,000,000. The day also includes 3 other Group 1 events, the $2 million The BMW, the Arrowfield Stakes and the George Ryder Stakes. With the running of four Group 1 races, AAMI Golden Slipper Day is Australia's premier raceday.
- Live entertainment at all entry points from 10.30am
- Special appearances from Christine Anu & Popstars Live finalists
- Special guest, Rupert McCall presents a poetic piece prior to the running of the AAMI Golden Slipper
- Parade of jockeys prior to the running of the AAMI Golden Slipper
- ‘Vogue’ will play in the Owners & Trainers after the last race till 8pm
- Come party and play in the free 2DAY FM Spill Over Marquee. 2DAY FM DJ will play after the last race.
- Advance VO5 Fashions On The Field – preliminary judging and finals
Fashions On The Field
From the preliminary judging on AAMI Golden Slipper Day, a panel of judges will choose ten finalists to go into the final, later that afternoon. These finalists plus the ten selected on CLEO Ladies Day will proceed to the final judging which will take place in the Marquee Village.
Up to $60000 worth of fantastic prizes: <more info>
- Spa from Blue Haven
- Hayman holiday flying Qantas to Hamilton
- 20 Nivea Visage gift packs
- Harvey Normal gift vouchers
- 1.05ct diamond pendant from Rutherfords
- 3 pairs of Gucci sunglasses from Safilo
- 20 gift baskets from Clairns
- 20 gift baskets from VO5
- BMW driving holiday package
Golden Slipper Festival dining packages are available <more info>
General Adult Admission: $25
$20 early bird rate available if booked prior to 3/4/04
Concession Admission: $5
Members Reserve Pass: $100*
* STC Members can purchase a maximum of four Members Reserve Passes on AAMI Golden Slipper Day.
Gates open at 9am (Full STC Members are admitted from 8.30am – no guests permitted).
First race is at 11.30am.
To view transport details for the Golden Slipper Festival click here