Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.
Message: A new "lay" competition to replace "lay the fave" will start this Saturday 3 May.
the basics rules are:
1. Competition limited to first 30 entrants. Khaptingly greatly encouraged!
2. "Bookies" must lay 4 horses per sat (no more than 2 from each major sat venue). Only 4 major racing centres on Saturday considered. No perth, no provincials.
3. "Bookies" will be laying each horse to lose $100 at the Starting Price EG. you lay "No Nackers" at 2/1 - it loses, you pocket $50. it wins, you fork out $100! you lay a horse at 200/1 - it loses, you pocket 50c. it wins, you lose $100.
4. Submissions close 12 noon each saturday. this will be a short Comp running the next 6 saturdays and will finish 7 June (straddie day).
5. Format for "lays" is S3 No Nackers (or M3, B3 or A3)
6. I have wide ranging discretionary powers. There were some other rules (such as price limitations) that i was considering but i'll keep it simple and see how it evolves!
Message: Muiry, Its not Lay the Fave. Its lay anything that you reckon's got no hope of winning. There are plenty of one paced horses out there, some of which, bookies keep under each way odds simply because they are perennial placegetters. $ If you lay 4 horses at anywhere between $4.50 and $12.00, you will make between 40 and 90 points each time. $ Everybody has to adapt.
This site is maintained by Racing and Sports (®) Pty Ltd (ABN 093 360 108) ("R&S").
Copyright in all R&S materials is owned by Racing and Sports Pty Ltd (R&S).
Racing and Sports is a Registered Trademark.
R&S takes all care in the preparation of information appearing on the site, but accepts no responsibility nor warrants the accuracy of the information displayed.
This information is provided for entertainment purposes only. All information including race fields and TAB numbers should be checked with an official source.