Tuesday, 12 August 2008
: Tabcorp today released its annual list of the biggest NSW TAB dividends for the year.
The list is based on the dates of the 2007/08 thoroughbred racing season (1 August 2007 to 31 July 2008).
The blowout results on last November's Emirates Stakes Day resulted in the biggest First 4, Quaddie and Trifecta dividends of 2007/08. The Emirates Stakes day Quaddie of $1.391 million eclipsed the biggest NSW TAB dividend of the 2006/07 racing season, which was a $701,993.60 First 4 on the Caulfield Cup.
Other highlights of the list of 2007/08 NSW TAB record dividends (for $1) included:
• The biggest Win dividend was $168.10 for Greet The Day's win in a South African Maiden Plate on 10 January. The biggest Win dividend in harness racing was $140.30 (Jaccka Mort at Maryborough, 7 February 2008) and in greyhound racing was $108.10 (Rough Trip Tour at Ipswich, 13 May 2008).
• A Muswellbrook Quaddie on 19 May was the highest paying Quaddie on NSW racing, with a dividend of $225,344.
• International racing produced another record dividend with Futune's third placing in an English Class 5 last October producing a $46 Place result. The biggest harness Place dividend was $31.70 (Gold Cafe at Cobram, 10 April 2008) and for greyhound racing was $16.30 (Southpaw Delaney at Maitland, 22 November 2007).
• The surprise wins of Can Opener and Midnight City at Wagga on 1 May 2008 produced the season's record Running Double dividend of $5,847.30.
• A Ballarat greyhound meeting was responsible for the biggest Daily Double of 2007/08. The combination of Booma Flossie and My Little Joice paid $1,894.
• The biggest harness racing dividend across all bet types in 2007/08 was $55,402.40 for a Bendigo Quaddie (24 May 2008).
• Mount Gambier delivered the season's highest-paying Exacta with the one-two finish of Run Laurie Run and Johall last September paying $7,786.30.
• Two $20,000-plus greyhound racing dividends were recorded - both on NSW events.
• International racing set new big dividend records with a $81,427.80 Quaddie on New Zealand (13 November 2007). A $3,098.80 Quinella at South Africa on 30 April 2008 was the biggest paying Quinella of 2007/08 with the NSW TAB.
• The majority of the biggest dividends on NSW racing were recorded at country or provincial meetings.NSW TAB bet on more than 57,000 thoroughbred, harness and greyhound races in 2007/ 08. Racing from all Australian states and territories was bet on, as well as from England, Hong Kong, France, Dubai, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, Sth Africa and USA.
Check out our FREE Interactive Speed Maps
for meetings in nine countries each and every day.