Thursday, 23 February 2012
: Perth Racing with support from Racing and Wagering Western Australia has announced an incentive program for horses that win or are placed in targeted feature races around Australia, leading into the 2012 Festival of Perth Racing at Ascot which features Super Saturday on November 24.
Eight return air fares for qualified horses from Melbourne to Perth, valued at $13,200 will be made available for horses that win or are placed in the following Group One races:-.
- Lightning Stakes - Flemington February 18
- Futurity Stakes - Caulfield February 25
- Doncaster Mile - Randwick April 2
- T J Smith Stakes - Randwick April 14
- Goodwood Handicap - Morphettville May 12
- Stradbroke Handicap - Eagle Farm June 9
- Emirates Stakes
- Flemington November 10
- Patinack Farm Classic - Flemington November 10
The conditions of the proposal are:
(1) Horses must be rated 100+ by the RWWA Handicappers at the time of departure from Melbourne.
(2) Only the eight highest rated horses will receive the final invitation.
Chairman of Perth Racing Mr Ted Van Heemst says it is important that Perth Racing continues to try and attract some of the nation's elite horses to the Festival of Perth Racing.
“These flight incentives should ensure that the great success of last year's inaugural Super Saturday becomes the catalyst for enhancing the status of our two premier Group I events, the Carlton Draught Railway Stakes (1600m) and the Burswood Winterbottom Stakes (1200m) by encouraging the best horses from around the nation to make the trip to Ascot.” Van Heemst said.
CEO of RWWA Richard Burt added that last year's Super Saturday concept was an excellent example of what can be achieved with the right mix of elite group racing.
“Perth rallied behind the day with excellent on course attendance and wagering results. On this basis, RWWA supports the initiative to offer travel incentives to leading interstate contenders.
"It is important that we continue to build on last year's success and by making it easier for the highest rated horses to travel to Perth and be a part of the Festival is paramount in our view.” Burt said.
Check out FREE Full Race results
for nine separate countries.