[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - How bad is the state of Aussie cricket

How bad is the state of Aussie cricket

Order by Date Ascending

Cricket -- Discuss Cricket Sports Betting
Page 3 of 3

Go to Page: 321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

It seems our summer sports have hit an all time low. I think Tennis and Cricket players should not play overseas, it is just an embarrassment. Stick to playing in your own country in summer, preferably not against anyone from overseas.

Recent scores have nothing to do with it being winter here, although millions will make that excuse for our cricket team. They always make poor excuses for our cricket team when they lose in England.

A measure of how bad we are going is that Lee still gets a game in the national side. He was finished 5 years ago.

Author: Khaptingly
Subject: How bad is the state of Aussie cricket

Time: 2/7/2012 7:53:35 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: Bigship
Subject: Re: How bad is the state of Aussie cricket

Time: 8/12/2016 10:11:52 AM

Blog Reply:

I left this forum years ago because of your unremitting nonsense. I come back and lo and behold. you're STILL at it!

Author: Rex

Time: 3/12/2016 9:33:25 AM

Blog Reply:

Khappo,

so thats how a 64yo man spends his days- rambling nonsense and lying about trips to the cricket?

Geez I hope Ive got a bit more going on in my life when I get to that age champ!!

Time: 3/12/2016 7:39:35 AM

Blog Reply:

Those poor Aussies Rex they win a dead rubber and it's as if they are world champions. Dead rubbers, you know you squashed their relevance years ago. Aussies, even when they are near the top you must remember only 4 or 5 countries in the world are actually any good at cricket and can justify their place playing test cricket. Lets say only 6 or 7 countries so you don't argue with me. Terrific stuff. And even when the Aussies were near the top they were notorious for not being able to chase a target. Could not handle that added pressure, overated.

Ah these new players were given as the reason for the latest win. How many wickets did they take and what percentage of the match runs did they score. You don't look at scorecards Rex? Lets see in a couple of months and in India how the new boys are going, in fact all of them. Now there are fights between a couple with bigger heads than their ability justifies. Well that could cover most of them. Keep an eye on them all and their performances Rex I will get your appraisal sometime sooner or later.

Time: 2/12/2016 9:14:18 PM

Blog Reply:

And for the record Khappo- Id reckon you'd know far more about 'taking it on the chin' than I would !!!!!!!

Time: 1/12/2016 5:40:42 AM

Blog Reply:

Khappo,

Khappo, I would swap 100 of them for a series win - but that doesn't mean you should or are not trying when you play them.

And you're talking about form. Are you suggesting teams are not trying in these matches?

Time: 30/11/2016 9:25:10 PM

Blog Reply:

You raised dead rubbers all those years ago Rex so you said it all.

Do you take anything on the chin? Do you suffer from SMS?

Time: 30/11/2016 7:38:35 PM

Blog Reply:

Khappo,

Are you suggesting that teams aren't trying at international level? And if so does this apply to all sport?

It doesn't surprise me that you don't find the concept that when playing competitive sport at an elite level that winning every time you represent, means something.

I mean come on, you're just some dude who tells lies about going to cricket in a racing forum!!

Time: 30/11/2016 7:49:04 AM

Blog Reply:

So Rex tells us that there is no such thing as a dead rubber. Are you sure Rex? Are you really sure? Read this folks, more laughable khrap from Rex.

Author: Rex   
Subject: Re: Origin Time: 10/7/2014 2:50:26 AM

Possession is the name of the game. When you have 2 evenly matched sides if one of them gets nearly 60% of the pill they will usually win and pile on some points late (tight game until the last 10 minutes). Well done to QLD on the final game- but Im sure they would give back 100 dead rubbers for a series win :)

GIVE BACK 100 DEAD RUBBERS FOR A SERIES WIN eh Rex. That is outstanding. Here is more laughable tripe from you.

Author: Rex
Subject: Re: the sword dingo please Time: 1/9/2008 9:37:45 PM

Dead rubber Donnie, the big ones comming up....NZ should start favourite as its not a WC, so choking shouldnt be a prob, should it?

Well I for one and I dare say others would say you don't know what you are talking about. Proof has proven this.

Or is it only a dead rubber when it is not Aussie v South Africa in a cricket match when the Aussies are down 2-0 and cannot win the series. roflmao.

Time: 30/11/2016 3:51:43 AM

Blog Reply:

Khappo,

Unlike you I have a life away from here. The Aussies getting beaten in cricket, to me barely moves the needle on the scale.

But it does make me laugh that you state there are no young players coming through and that we are dead and buried.

We then win the following test and for the first time in over 130 years there are two debutantes at the crease when the winning runs are hit.

Like the tennis, the AFL etc- you're bagging has got another one home.

Time: 29/11/2016 10:22:58 PM

Blog Reply:

Aussies lost the series. What can't you accept about that. The Aussies accepted it better than you, Rex.

The media said it was a consolation prize to win that last test, not me. I would say they did not win a prize at all. They got smashed when it counted.

What a "fantastic" achievement to be at the crease when hitting the winning runs for a dead rubber test match. Desperate times call for any accolade that can be had.

You just keep coming back here for future Aussie matches Rex.

Time: 29/11/2016 7:38:43 PM

Blog Reply:

Khappo,

so if its a dead rubber why play it at all?

People still watch it.
People still go to it.
Whats worse, losing a series 2-1 or becoming the first Australian team to be whitewashed at home? (thats not a trick question Khappo)
Plenty of impact value to the psychology of the players involved.
And of course money to be made- I like backing teams who win the toss and make the right call in test cricket.
Did both teams treat the match seriously? From some of the banter out there it would suggest they did.
No such thing as a dead rubber champ. Dogs excuse for losing.

Author: gladys

Time: 29/11/2016 7:10:33 PM

Blog Reply:

The statistics show that the winning of the toss has little bearing on the result, Rex.

Time: 29/11/2016 3:43:34 AM

Blog Reply:

Rex says no such thing as a dead rubber. I bet many here and in the world's media would say what a dumb statement. There were plenty in your last post Rex.

Time: 28/11/2016 9:50:22 PM

Blog Reply:

Khappo,

starting to think you may not be Australian at all. There is no such thing as a dead rubber champ.

It is the first time in over 130 years that two debutants have been at the crease when a test match has been won!!

So you're saying the new caps did not contribute- does this mean we don't even need to field a full team to beat the opposition?

You are implying you know how to read the form, how to break it down. I doubt you have broken down any meaningful form on anything in your life- you can't even find your way to a cricket ground.

But whilst you're doing this form and relaying to all in sundry that you're some sort of sporting expert, Ive noticed you have made no reference to the 'toss'. Interesting Khappo- thought an expert like you would pay attention to one of the most basic form pointers for test cricket these days without a dominant world team.

Sadly, unlike you, Steve Smith is very poor at the toss!!!!

Time: 28/11/2016 6:13:32 AM

Blog Reply:

How foolish of you to post Rex. It was a dead rubber and described in the media as a consolation victory. Your post shows you are desperate and clutch onto any sign of victory for Aussies, they are going that bad not just a cricket. They have won 1 of their past 11 games. Desperate times and you are a desperate supporter. You talk about newcomers, what did they do? The newcomers did not win it for them by their performances. You don't follow it too closely do you, have a look at the scorecard like I did.

Do you know the Aussies LOST the series. Smashed when it mattered. You will come back to post after future matches will you?

And come up with the next best five Aussie horses behind Winx currently racing in Aussie. Your avoidance of this question is standing out.

Time: 27/11/2016 7:09:54 PM

Blog Reply:

No doubt about you Khappo.

Only you could come in here and bag all things about Aussie cricket and tell us theres no young players coming through and then Australia ring in the changes and win against the odds with several debutants.

The word 'toss' is what can be discussed next!

Time: 26/11/2016 11:48:59 AM

Blog Reply:

Khappo,

think you'll find we will still find a way to produce some good cricketers.

Im more worried about some dopey fan who can't find the right ground!!!!

Time: 26/11/2016 6:01:32 AM

Blog Reply:

More new failures. The thing Rex fails to understand even after all these previous posts is that Aussie has NEVER been so devoid of players performing in the Sheffield Shield and seen as Test aspirants. Aussie got desperate this time and picked them anyway. Never mind failures at Test level. That comes (more often than not) once they are selected to play for Aussie. It's not only batsmen, where/who are the wicketkeepers and spin bowlers coming through?

Time: 24/11/2016 7:11:36 PM

Blog Reply:

lo Khappo,

yep you've got me mate. My entire life revolves around how the Australian Cricket team are performing.

I've just got back from The Breeders Cup, a week in Vegas and a tour of The Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Bryce Canyon. I'm heading to Hong Kong for the international meeting soon and not only will I get to attend a great race meeting and enjoy one the of the world's greatest cities I'll be catching up with some wonderful colleagues & friends from all parts of the globe.

From there I'm heading to Australia to enjoy a 4 week holiday with family and friends. Whilst there I'll be spending some time in Port Douglas, Noosa and Byron Bay. Then I'm heading to the Magic Millions sales, polo and races. I'll be working at the MM but thats all good, Im one of these people who enjoys working. Working in a truly great industry helps.

Then I have to head back to England to put the final touches on my dual citizenship papers (something that may shock old Patsy!!). Now before you jump to conclusions It just so happens I am married to the most incredible lass any man could ever hope to meet, but she's English, so there are processes that need to be adhered to in such situations (don't worry, I'll still be barracking for all things Aussie).

2017 will see trips to several of the major race meets around the world and several holidays including a trip to the States to see a major solar eclipse (apparently America is going to be the best place to witness it. And yes its a wifey thing, but If it makes her happy it makes me happy)

But your right, all of this will mean absolutely nothing if the Australian cricket team aren't winning all the time like a few years back. In fact, I may have to consider ending it all if they can't start winning some games soon.

Time: 24/11/2016 1:58:59 PM

Blog Reply:

It is all getting too hard for Rex here now and the hole he is in is getting deeper.

Page 3 of 3

Go to Page: 321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.