[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Socceroos - a profit for you on their way out

Socceroos - a profit for you on their way out

Order by Date Ascending

Soccer -- Discuss Soccer
Page 4 of 4

Go to Page: 4321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

Now that we are down to the knock-out stage for the Aussies in this giant of a competition we can start some serious betting. The group stage is just mickey mouse stuff where we play teams like Kuwait and Oman just to get the fans excited.

So for every remaining game the Aussies play, Lay them. Set yourself a target profit for the tournament and bet accordingly.

Say your target profit is $100. Lay them each game that will give you that overall profit. So you target to win $100 in the next game against China. If they do get past China, the following game you target $100 profit plus the recovery of the previous loss. Be careful of markets that offer prices based on normal time and advancing through.

Your target profit might be $20, bet according to your means. The only way you will be wiped out is if the Aussies win the Asian Cup and who can see that happening.

By the way, the Aussies are ranked 100 in the world. That's right, 100. That is the worst ranking in over 20 years and by a long way. You would not have expected that in a 100 years if you listen to the beat ups in the last year or few, but that is another case of being fooled if you heed the hype.

Author: Khaptingly
Subject: Socceroos - a profit for you on their way out

Time: 18/1/2015 11:39:17 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Subject: Re: Socceroos - a profit for you on their way out

Time: 15/1/2019 7:13:09 AM

Blog Reply:

Saintly, the performances of the Aussies are worse than you suggest. You have listed a few winners as there will always be the occasional success. You have failed to list all the failures.

The decline in Aussie rugby and cricket is alarming. One Grand Slam tennis win from both sexes in approximately 20 years and Aussie ranked below 40 in World Soccer. Aussies wouldn't be at the World Cup if it was based purely on rankings.

However, worse than all of the performances on the field is the behaviour on and off the field. It is an absolute disgrace and has been for a long time. Think about them. What about the shocking behaviour of an Aussie fast bowler who now presents in the media as if he would never behave poorly. What about the AFL and NRL players? It seems every week there is a drama with their behaviour whether it is during the season or not. I should also mention the feral, bogan and disgraceful Aussie animals we see who make up the crowd numbers. This poor behaviour includes booing like that recently of the Indian cricket captain. What an embarrassing disgrace they were.

So you can try defend Aussies, but not very well as there are far, far more negatives than positives.

Author: Ramses

Time: 13/1/2019 4:22:25 AM

Blog Reply:

Perfectly summed up Saintly. A small country in the world should not have dominated any sport continuously (though we have). Every country goes through ebbs and flows, in whatever sport they play. A tiny country like Australia (with a very small population, per capita) should not make a wave on the world stage. Yet, here we are, a pissy 20 mill population... and ..frarck it, the list was too long/and complicated to paste. Far too many accomplishments. Yes the Socceroos are garbage right now. Yes the the constant negative posts on this forum are garbage right now.

Author: saintly1996

Time: 12/1/2019 10:30:29 PM

Blog Reply:

Khrapper, you have been banging on about how poor Australia are since I have been visiting this site, which is about 20 years or so.

Since then, we have won more medals at Olympic Games than you have predicted, Australia twice won 16 tests in a row in cricket, The Diamonds have won World Championships, our horses have gone overseas and won Group 1 races, the Socceroos finally qualified for the World Cup in soccer, and have done so 4 times in a row, they even won the Asian Cup, we have had our athletes in WNBA, NBA, MLB, NFL and NHL in the US, a cyclist of ours won the Tour De France, even a woman player won a singles Grand Slam title despite you telling us it would never happen, World Surfing Titles and I am sure there is much more too.

Sure, it hasn't always been plain sailing, but you have been wrong for 20 years, and the funniest thing is, you don't even realise it, and your tail of betting woe in regards to your predictions are legendary.

Keep on punching champ.

Time: 12/1/2019 9:48:30 AM

Blog Reply:

Unfortunately for you Saintly you have to drag up articles from 4 years ago. You need to realise that the Aussies have gone further down the drain in terms of having some impact on the sporting world in that period.

Let them beat up on some nation that we never knew played any sport let alone the world game.

I tell you how bad the Aussies are going in world sport, g.w. Rex cannot even find words to defend them.

Author: saintly1996

Time: 11/1/2019 1:29:17 PM

Blog Reply:

The good old days.

Perhaps Khrapper can provide another strategy re the Socceroos for this Asia Cup.

Time: 11/2/2015 9:02:41 PM

Blog Reply:

Fatjack I don't reply to everything just for the sake of it and that Wallabies line certainly gave me no interest. I couldn't give a toss about the Wallabies. Who are they anyway ?

A lot of my responses these days are just to string Manu along and see him waste more of his life.

Author: fatjack

Time: 11/2/2015 7:14:40 AM

Blog Reply:

Khrapper,

If you go down to 3/2 you will see my post to you wherein I requested you lay the Wallabies for the Rugby World Cup; no reply?
Please Please lay the Wallabies.
I've got to go now I need to get SJ to administer my Painaway Arthritis Treatment because my poor old fingers are hurting so much from pounding the keyboard.

No Cheers
FJ

Author: Rex

Time: 10/2/2015 8:12:36 PM

Blog Reply:

Did Khappo just mention the word "humility" in a post???? Lmfao

Time: 10/2/2015 6:08:51 PM

Blog Reply:

I don't block anyone BigFatJack and why wouldn't I reply to you BigFatJack. You are another one I can get mileage out of. Maybe you gave me nothing worthwhile to respond to. I shall remind you of your last post.

KHRAPPER. How appropriate.

You are full of it.

No cheers
FJ

What is in that to reply to. A mundane, dud, nothing post.

Perhaps you are so old and computer illiterate and you have blocked yourself from even posting anymore lol. Or are you telling me lies like the rest do and pretending that you sent me a message. Dream on.

Time: 10/2/2015 12:48:39 PM

Blog Reply:

Khrapper,

Do you have me blocked? or just don't have the kahunas to reply to me?

I'd be so dissapointed if you are not reading my friendly critiques of your efforts.

I'm loving Gatto's blasts from the past.

Keep up the great work Khrapper.

Cheers
FJ

Author: gladys

Time: 10/2/2015 8:07:04 AM

Blog Reply:

Nothing like reminiscing over past clangers.

Why don't we turn to those howlers where someone picked every favourite in each race and seven of them lost. Hang on, what about the one when someone picked the one jockey in every race and all he did was come second in the last race. Or maybe the time when I layed seven favourites on the one day and four of them won. Even though I finished in front over all, it was still a real knee slapper.

In the meantime go and get the hula hoop out of the shed and dream back to the fifties followed by watching some repeats of Happy Days.

Time: 10/2/2015 7:06:13 AM

Blog Reply:

That's very good Gatonerra now show us that you have some courage and humility by putting up an equal number of my correct predictions. There are more correct predictions from me than incorrect ones.

Go to it, if you have the courage. I doubt you will. Run away now. Manu is doing the same, copy each other.

Time: 10/2/2015 6:41:48 AM

Blog Reply:

More Gold. Poor old Khappo- getting his pants pulled down everywhere. Chin up champ- it can only get better!!!

Author: Gattonera

Time: 9/2/2015 11:04:11 PM

Blog Reply:

You mean pearls like this from just over 2 years ago?

“Lay the Coalition for the next Federal Election. They were short odds then but are drifting by the day. It is still not too late. The Liberals are stuffing up all over Australia. Federally and Vic have proved in recent months, what a good bet the ALP are for the next Federal election.”

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/racing/displaymessage.asp?sum=1&mid=493262

- - - -

Apart from this cheap shot, I have no further interest in indulging your narcissism.

You’ve done enough damage over the years.

Time: 8/2/2015 8:04:42 PM

Blog Reply:

Gattonera, why don't you re post some of my Lays threads.

You know I have over 40 Lays correct here, and that was without numerous Melbourne Cup Lays. For example I will give you some of the words in the title you can search for like 2 Lays in a day. You can search for 2 Lays in one Group 1. It was the Stradbroke. Or many others, do you want more help to find them. You seemed to find other threads ok, so don't think you need help there.

Why don't you ? I think it is because you don't have what it takes to re post any of the numerous threads when I gave outstanding information and showed brilliant judgement. Do you have the courage to re post any of my correct Lay threads, you have about 40 to pick from ? I don't think you do.

Author: Gattonera

Time: 7/2/2015 1:08:09 AM

Blog Reply:

Against my better judgement I read through this thread.
Now I'm thinking I actually may not have better judgement after all.

It did remind me of another embarrassing Khaptingly thread buried in the mountain of dross he churns out.

So into the time machine, back to a magical time when Brendan Nelson was leader of the Libs.

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/racing/displaymessage.asp?sum=1&mid=330585

As Rex said at the time 'a plane crash in slow mo'.

Time: 5/2/2015 9:45:18 PM

Blog Reply:

Time to stop the fight ref. All those hits are taking their effect. Poor old Khappo is punch drunk.

Time: 5/2/2015 7:54:26 AM

Blog Reply:

KHRAPPER. How appropriate.

You are full of it.

No cheers
FJ

Time: 4/2/2015 7:25:15 PM

Blog Reply:

Imaj eel you were going to stay away but you couldn't help yourself. I got you in too then.

You are simply taking sides and not dealing with the facts. The main basis of your post is to protect Manu, you said it yourself. You can't have this Manu bashing, you say.

The facts are, I changed my strategy. Easy to understand I would have thought. He is the post where I did, very early in the thread.

"Well things have turned and it is every persons choice to change their mind. It is also a punters right to do so. Given the demise of the Japanese and Iran we are going to change direction on this Asian Cup strategy. Recover all losses on the previous Aussie game by backing the Aussies in the Asian Cup to qualify for the final."

I had abandoned plans to win the $100 or whatever your target was. I have set the focus on recouping the loss. Mission was accomplished at the first subsequent bet. All fairly basic punting and quite simple to follow, for most people.

Author: imaj eel

Time: 4/2/2015 1:04:10 PM

Blog Reply:

Khap, I really have tried to stay away from this thread, but I cant watch the Man U bashing any longer..

I understand about changing tactics, but to jump on Manu ,and say you never said anything about $100 profit is just lies.... Mate its not spin , its not crafty evasion, its just straight out lying. You are a liar, and any body, yourself included, who doubts that only has to scroll to the top of the page and read Paragraph 3 of your original post where there are 3 specific mentions of $100 profit, including one mention that includes the phrase "loss recovery".

Be honest Khap, with yourself and the rest of us, apologise to Man U and admit that you lied.

Looking forward to responses , if any

Page 4 of 4

Go to Page: 4321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.