[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Betting question

Betting question

Order by Date Ascending

Betting and Staking -- Discuss betting and staking
Page 2 of 2

Go to Page: 21.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

Gladys,

I wish to address your last post on the Superlay thread here. If you answer the question below, I will have a better understanding of whether we're on the same wavelength.

You have $100 and I offer you the chance to bet on heads in two coin tosses. I offer you $2.50 on the first toss and $8 on the second. Both bets are to be placed before the first toss.

Approximately, how much will you place on each bet?

Author: Gary Still
Subject: Betting question

Time: 11/10/2017 9:43:47 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: maccamax
Subject: Re: Betting question

Time: 22/10/2017 2:01:02 PM

Blog Reply:

Five (5) tosses to throw 5 heads.

No debate on that.   It is fool proof

Author: worker collective farmer

Time: 20/10/2017 6:34:33 PM

Blog Reply:

"a loaded message to the forum simpleton."

ROFLMAO the irony meter just exploded. Poor Gladys. Have you worked out the odds of 5 heads in a row or hasn't nurse been in yet?

Author: Rex

Time: 20/10/2017 4:57:36 PM

Blog Reply:

I don't need to do batter than that- its says enough about you and what you're all about

Author: gladys

Time: 20/10/2017 10:54:21 AM

Blog Reply:

Is that the best you have got Rex?

An unintentional ambiguous question and a reprint of a loaded message to the forum simpleton.

Surely you can do better than that.

Time: 19/10/2017 2:09:53 PM

Blog Reply:

Not sure I can trust a betting plan put together by an individual who cannot work out the correct odds on a 5 fold accumulator with all winners at the same price of 1/1.

And I certainly wouldn't be trusting one put together by a person who sends the following to other forum users.

"I love the banter on the forum".

"I trust you don't take it personally"

" I think he must be intoxicated when he posts"

" Anyhow, back to the stirring."

"keep up the cracking slings at me."

Regards Gladys"

Time: 18/10/2017 2:00:44 PM

Blog Reply:

6 straight jabs has just turned into an absolute pounding. Living up to your nick name, Bop Bag

Time: 18/10/2017 10:52:45 AM

Blog Reply:

Perhaps I did not make myself particularly clear, Gary.

There are two scenarios, one is the odds of throwing five consecutive heads and the other is the number of tosses to throw five consecutive heads.

I have posted the formula to the latter scenario on another thread. If I was not clear I apologise.

Time: 18/10/2017 10:38:58 AM

Blog Reply:

Very good, little helper. Unfortunately, that is not the correct formula for working out he answer.

Time: 17/10/2017 4:59:39 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys,

Be a man and leave. You agreed to, and are nothing more than a weed clogging up this forum with rubbish. If you can't work out that 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 is 32 you are even more pathetically dense than I gave you 'credit' for

Time: 17/10/2017 4:27:30 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, this is what you posted in the Superlay thread on October 14th.

"...did you know that the probability of throwing five consecutive tails is 1/62"

Time: 17/10/2017 4:05:54 PM

Blog Reply:

Look at the formula little helper, it is inside the bracket and multiplied by two.
Just google it dunderhead.

Time: 17/10/2017 1:46:48 PM

Blog Reply:

My what an obnoxious twerp you are! So many double standards. Have you worked out that 2 to the power of 5 is 32 yet? ROFLMAO Thanks for the laughs, Comical Ali.

Time: 17/10/2017 9:27:39 AM

Blog Reply:

Thank you little helper. The difference with my tips and Jones's tips are that mine are successful.

Go and have a beer with Rex, he can't find anyone else.

Time: 16/10/2017 3:18:24 PM

Blog Reply:

"please just leave it at that. I respect your right to have a counter view so please give me the same courtesy."

Now that is a great idea! So I take it from now on you'll respect that others have different views and will stop with all the rubbishing of everything Australian? No one thinks Australian competitors or sports are perfect but they're never gonna agree with your Chicken Little rants. Calling everyone dunderheads and other cheap shots hardly exudes courtesy or respect either.

"I just post my lays for the other forum members. If they like my view then they will lay them."

Fine. Just don't bother with the self-aggrandisement. If you do well enough you'll be noticed (or is your self-esteem so low that any low-hanging fruit you pick need to be celebrated? ) BTW didn't you complain about Pinkline posting tips? Hardly sounds fair

Time: 16/10/2017 9:11:37 AM

Blog Reply:

Initially I did Hands and they were moved.

Author: Hands N Heels

Time: 15/10/2017 9:17:00 PM

Blog Reply:

"I don't care what points I am given or how anyone thinks they should be staked. That is up to you."

You're posting your lays in a competition thread, one that has been made clear as to what it is for over 2 years. If you don't want to be scored on that basis then post them somewhere else.

Time: 15/10/2017 4:46:25 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag,

Ill give you one thing, you must have a hard melon. Youve just copped half a dozen connecting straight jabs to the head and you're still here waiting for the next one to be delivered.

Time: 15/10/2017 2:13:54 PM

Blog Reply:

I just post my lays for the other forum members. If they like my view then they will lay them. If they don't, well I hope they back them instead.
I don't care what points I am given or how anyone thinks they should be staked. That is up to you.

Time: 15/10/2017 12:24:51 PM

Blog Reply:

"It is a bit like saying that favourites win 1/3 races so if the first two favourites of the day get beaten, load up on the third because it must win."

Absolutely wrong Gladys. Very suprised that you would draw such an irrelevant analogy. There are only four possible outcomes in two tosses of a coin and the results for those four tosses are clearly displayed. There is nothing concocted about any of the results.

"You asked me my opinion, I gave it to you, please just leave it at that. I respect your right to have a counter view so please give me the same courtesy."

I'm presuming that you accept the Superlay rules as they stand, in which case this discussion is over.

Time: 15/10/2017 10:48:41 AM

Blog Reply:

Thanks for your explanation Gary, however you cannot determine results of probability on a scenario of four coin tosses. It is a bit like saying that favourites win 1/3 races so if the first two favourites of the day get beaten, load up on the third because it must win.

You asked me my opinion, I gave it to you, please just leave it at that. I respect your right to have a counter view so please give me the same courtesy.

Page 2 of 2

Go to Page: 21.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.