[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Vale Spring Carnival

Vale Spring Carnival

Order by Date Ascending

Racing and Sports -- Site comments or suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Original Blog Post:

As the curtain comes down on the 2017 Spring Carnival let us just pause briefly and reflect.

Without one shadow of a doubt, this was the worst Spring Carnival in living memory. The Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup was full of third raters, some that could not run two miles down a hill. The biggest embarrassment of all though, was the Cox Plate. I defy anyone to tell me a worse Cox Plate than the 2017 renewal. We had more than half the field that had never won at the distance, more than half the field that had never won in the class and more than half the field that had never won a Group One. Winx fell in and immediately went for a spell whilst the racing media burst into tears and felt "humble"

Could it get any worse? Of course it could. Look at the last day of the so called carnival. We had the Darley which consisted of the same horses that ran in the Everest (which contained the same field that ran in the T.J. Smith) but instead of racing for $5.8 million first prize had to settle for $600K. Same field, same distance, same conditions but 10% of the prize money.

Yesterday the TAB announced the turnover was down 5%. I wonder why. We had horses that streeted them one week and could not get out of their own road the next.

Dare to mention any of this and what happens? You are ridiculed by the forum dunderheads and treated to a seminar in reverse mathematics by their leader.

Instead of ridiculing people like Fairburn, Khap and myself, I wish the self described racing media would grow a pair and highlight this dire position instead of gushing over their horse that beats nothing.

Give it five years and horse racing as we know it will be gone.

Author: gladys
Subject: Vale Spring Carnival

Time: 14/11/2017 7:29:09 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: Rex
Subject: Re: Vale Spring Carnival

Time: 19/11/2017 10:47:24 AM

Blog Reply:

K Dill

fairly straight forward and I would think easy enough question to answer, even for you.

Go on- have a crack champ.

Time: 17/11/2017 6:57:26 PM

Blog Reply:

K-Dill

re-read champ. Im not asking you to comment on your love brother's welching.

Simple question- do you think it is acceptable for people not to pay up losing bets?

Author: Khaptingly

Time: 17/11/2017 2:47:15 AM

Blog Reply:

G W Rex what are you talking about? I don't know the circumstances re bets between individuals on this forum in the case you are referring to. I got better things to do than read up on a quarrel between 2 anonymous characters in a world removed from day to day reality. Your continued referral to others is childish and I don't need to decide on the question you posed, for you.

If you can't accept someone's behaviour move away or put up with it and comment on more important matters. Like giving us your list of the top 5 current Aussie horses racing in Aussie or comments on the ordinary herd behind the Everest winner.

Time: 16/11/2017 10:54:13 AM

Blog Reply:

K Dill,

what are you talking about re Spring Carnival? Wonderful carnival, maybe the most successful in the world.

Now your turn- let see if you can answer a basic question. Big challenge for you champ I know, but Ill keep it simple.

Do you think its acceptable not to pay up your losing bets?

Time: 16/11/2017 2:52:55 AM

Blog Reply:

Still no comment about the spring carnival from G W Rex.

I can see now that G W Rex is like Gary. All they know about Aussie racing this spring is the continuation of the Winx winning sequence. G W Rex was not even aware of the overall poor record of runners from The Everest since that day.

Time: 15/11/2017 10:53:51 AM

Blog Reply:

K Dill

so you think its ok to make losing bets and not pay up when you lose?

And you call yourself a punter. You're just a troll, no better than Bop Bag

Author: gladys

Time: 15/11/2017 10:28:31 AM

Blog Reply:

Exactly Khap.

Just wait until this little matter that the stewards are sitting on in Melbourne, surfaces.

Time: 15/11/2017 5:52:59 AM

Blog Reply:

Great read and such truth Gladys. It has G W Rex out of his zone so much so he winds back to the "why don't you leave" nonsense.

Gladys makes too much sense for G W Rex, who just attacks the individual rather than commenting on the matter yet again.

Time: 14/11/2017 11:52:59 AM

Blog Reply:

Why are you even here Bop Bag?

You lost a bet now do the right thing and jog on.

Page 1 of 1

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.