[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - RUFFIES - 2018

RUFFIES - 2018

Order by Date Ascending

Betting and Staking -- Discuss betting and staking
Page 9 of 9

Go to Page: 987654321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

Good luck to all, in 2018 - here's hoping our 2018 ruffies, can earn a 2 star rating - early year, would be good

Author: Todman
Subject: RUFFIES - 2018

Time: 29/12/2017 6:52:14 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: hinksy
Subject: Re: RUFFIES - 2018

Time: 10/11/2018 12:15:35 PM

Blog Reply:

sunny coast race 5 no 13 supersonic boom barrier a bit wide but if can get break will hang on

Time: 10/11/2018 10:00:24 AM

Blog Reply:

SR5 Fuel
SR7 Petrossian
MR5 Sully
MR8 Prized Icon

Author: Ramses

Time: 10/11/2018 9:11:29 AM

Blog Reply:

MR4 So Si Bon
MR5 Megablast
MR9 Sister Kitty Mac
BR5 Eight Over

Author: Hands N Heels

Time: 8/11/2018 1:22:43 PM

Blog Reply:

COLLECTABLE in the Oaks E.W.

Time: 6/11/2018 12:52:23 PM

Blog Reply:

scap those ruffies, no consideration for nor any interest in, racing on a Heavy track.

Time: 5/11/2018 9:50:52 PM

Blog Reply:

Some (mostly) ruff stuff for Cup Day:

MR4 - ETAH JAMES
MR7 - FINCHE
MR8 - SOVEREIGN NATION - very speculative but does go well here and shades off again which worked before
MR9 - FIRST AMONG EQUALS - goes well down the straight including a win over Divine Quality when 4th up last time
MR9 - BRAVE SONG - not that rough but drifting so double figs might be available on the day. Also goes well down the straight and has form around some well performed horses this time in
MR10 - IN GOOD TIME - personal reasons for spec'ing this

Author: gladys

Time: 3/11/2018 10:34:19 AM

Blog Reply:

I think I will throw a few dollars at these roughies on Derby Day.

MR- Race 4. Tally

MR- Race 6. Invincible Gem

MR- Race 7, Mickey Blue Eyes

MR Race 8. Perast

Whenever Paul Perry takes a horse to Melbourne in the spring I become very interested. In fact, whenever he takes one anywhere, I become interested.

Good luck all.

Time: 3/11/2018 9:36:31 AM

Blog Reply:

ONE MORE

BR10 Saint Patrick's Day - $23 & $6 - just may be the best of day - has been gelded and while good track form is only fair, from the inside alley, should get a gun run

Time: 3/11/2018 9:10:22 AM

Blog Reply:

MR4 Ladies First - $81 & $17 - realistically prob only for place, but she will be strong in straight

MR7 Micky Blue Eyes - $17 & $4.60 - I really don't think the fave will get beaten but Micky will be steaming home - EW & exotics

MR8 Life Less Ordinary - missed the bigger prices after Waller's comments on racenet - $31 & $8

Time: 26/10/2018 2:31:25 PM

Blog Reply:

Enjoy your seventh heaven Todman. I can't wait to watch the best horse in the world run to beat yet another record. Win lose or draw, you'd be insane not to enjoy it.

Time: 26/10/2018 1:41:52 AM

Blog Reply:

With my current ruffie form, probably should put a line through these..but I like them at the odds...

Friday MV..
R4 Last Week $21
R7 Spright $34
R8 Strike Force $18

Saturday
R3 Mamzelle Tess $19
R6 Thousand Wishes $15 (very keen)
R8 Ventura Storm (yes going again, but ran home well off the ludicrous pace in CC).
R10 Micky Blue Eyes $13 (not sure this price will last, good chance).

Cheers and good luck all.

Time: 24/10/2018 7:42:22 AM

Blog Reply:

my performances on this thread, of late, have been less than shocking.

I am in Melbourne until end of November.

2 for today

IPSWICH
R3 Mishani Paloma

GEELONG

R3 Amerock

also in VR6, Maigret is a half sister to my neddy Geodesic, and I am told they hope to head on to the VRC Oaks

Author: Branded

Time: 23/10/2018 4:53:33 PM

Blog Reply:

Deadheat not bad Loges.

Hey Todman,Are you still in Victoria doing the circuit.

How bout some Ruffies.

I’ve raided the wife’s purse and ready to scare the bookies.

Author: loges2

Time: 20/10/2018 2:55:30 PM

Blog Reply:

Looking for an improved run from Mask Of Time.
Has been engaged in 4 races this weekend and probably chose the most difficult one in the Coongy.
The bit of rain should be a bonus...
20s into 11s.

Cheers, Loges.

Author: squid69

Time: 19/10/2018 11:15:25 PM

Blog Reply:

Gallic Chieftain to sneak a place in the CC from a lovely draw, and with a nice light weight.

Time: 19/10/2018 8:19:30 PM

Blog Reply:

Vengeur Masque and Ventura Storm e/w. VM @ $12 to run top 5. Be happy with Nights Watch.

Time: 12/10/2018 9:18:33 AM

Blog Reply:

Invictus Prince has been scratched from Caulfield so in SR8, he is a real good bet at $16

Time: 11/10/2018 11:12:22 PM

Blog Reply:

MR4 Freehearted @ $18 (love a Weir horse coming to Melb off a nice win in Adel.)

MR6 Peaceful @ $31 (This isn't Hanging Rock and Baker/Forsman don't bring a 3yr old over for a picnic. Nice 2nd in first Oz start. Great odds).

MR7 Dollar for Dollar @ $20 (a touch underrated, wide barrier but should go forward again, only just caught last start in the Sir Rupert Clarke).

MR8 The Cliffsofmoher @ $12 (but hoping Nights Watch runs well, have him at $101 for CC).

MR10 Rezealient @ $61 (agree with Todman, have been a fan since the Autumn, third up should be running home hard late).

Will be taking a few boxed quins/trifs with these, the obvious short priced chances (some look hard to beat), and a few of fellow forumite's picks. Does shape up to be a great day of racing. Enjoy (those who can).

Time: 11/10/2018 3:06:01 PM

Blog Reply:

a few for Caulfield, but the top 2 in a few races, may be too good

MR2 Grande Rosso

MR3 Tatiara - 100/1

MR4 In Good Time

MR6 Qafila/Music Bay

MR7 Hellova Street - if he gets a comfortable lead - LOOK OUT

MR8 Invictus Prince - on weights he is no chance but out to 2000m for first time in OZ and should race forward - fights on strongly - 125/1

MR9 Vassilator - very disappointing last start - 100/1

MR10 Rezealient - 60/1 - my best ruffie

Time: 7/10/2018 3:56:20 PM

Blog Reply:

After getting $51 for Not a Single Cent on Thursday, was happy to see the SP of $16, and before the turn was more excited, alas just a 5th. Wheal Leisure was a bet in hope, shizenhousen. Thought Thousand Wishes was going to win halfway down the straight @ $34, but was overhauled. Will follow this one. Lostclarity, bummer with PA, was my biggest bet and many multis. Here's the Vet report... "A post race veterinary examination revealed the mare to be distressed and have cardiac arrhythmia and will require a veterinary clearance prior to racing again".

Cheers

Page 9 of 9

Go to Page: 987654321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.