[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - SUPERLAYS - 2018

SUPERLAYS - 2018

Order by Date Ascending

Betting and Staking -- Discuss betting and staking
Page 5 of 5

Go to Page: 54321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

Here is the lay thread for 2018. State your lay (eg MR7 #6) and reasons if possible. Specify a maximum lay price if you wish.

The Betfair SP lay price determines the type of lay:
SUPERLAYS are under $3 and bear $1,000 risk.
Ordinary Lays are over $3 and bear $500 risk.
Chicken Lays    are over $10 and bear $0 risk.

Below are the results for the past three years. Abraham Froman and Racing2Win have been the Superlaying champions for 2016 and 2017 respectively, whilst Squid69 has been runner up with profits for three years in a row.

The Superlay thread yielded a profit of $7,989 in the 2017 year. Since its inception in 2015, Superlayers collectively have yielded a remarkable net profit of $2,929! The biggest money spinners over the three years have been:

Squid69     +$3,030 (played three years)
Abe Froman +$2,856 (played one year only)
Racing2Win +$2,578 (played two years)

LAYERS'LEADERBOARD-2017
Racing2win +$2,425
Squid69     +$2,163
Gladys      +$1,835
Imajeel     +$1,194
Mantank       +$301
Khaptingly     +$71

LAYERS'LEADERBOARD-2016
Abe Froman +$2,856
Squid69       +$439
Khaptingly    +$289
Racing2win    +$153    
Imajeel     -$2,676
Akavaroun   -$4,699
Goldmoss          0

LAYERS'LEADERBOARD-2015
Gary Still    +$774
Squid69       +$428
Man United    -$428
Changaboy   -$1,000
Akavaroun   -$1,196
Khaptingly       $0

Author: Gary Still
Subject: SUPERLAYS - 2018

Time: 3/1/2018 12:31:19 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: gladys
Subject: Re: SUPERLAYS - 2018

Time: 13/2/2019 2:39:25 PM

Blog Reply:

Check out this site since Gary put the finishing touches on his masterpiece.

There would be more life on Heard Island at 2am than on this corpse.

Time: 8/1/2019 10:35:31 AM

Blog Reply:

That is right. They just get barred!

Time: 2/1/2019 6:04:53 PM

Blog Reply:

Imajeel's lay, Oceanex was not travelling well and traded up to $19 on Betfair as they rounded the turn. It just got there in a desperate surge to the line and looked a spent force. No one should be critical of the chance you took, Imajeel.

Mantank scored one of his two lays, but sadly finished in the red for the year.

The Superlayers this years did not perform as well as Superlayers of past years and as a result, all profits from past seasons evaporated in the final month of betting.

Congratulations to Imajeel for winning the Superlayers 2018 comp and achieving a profit for two consective years. A commendation to Mantank for taking it right up to Imajeel in the final week. It was a shocker for both Deadant and RedBaron, whilst Squid's single lay was to lay the best horse in the world, and was looking a distinct possibility for a $17,000 collect, until the last few hops.

Well done Imajeel! 2018 is your year! If the comp resumes, I hope you return to defend your title, because no other champion has yet done so. You took great risks and played hard right to the very end. Worthy winners never quit!

Mantank          SP     RISK  Pos
SR3 Bondi      $3.70    $500 3rd   +$185
SR6 Alizee     $3.14    $500 WON   -$500

Net loss -$315
Imajeel
MR5 Oceanex    $1.40 $1,000 WON -$1,000 (laid to run unplaced).

LAYERS' LEADERBOARD-2018
Imajeel        +$787
Mantank        -$624
Squid69      -$1,000
Deadant66    -$1,138
RedBaron     -$2,224

Time: 30/12/2018 9:30:08 AM

Blog Reply:

I think that was pretty courageous Imaj eel. I like to see people have a go and back their judgment.

I was given some really good advice some time ago that you might like to consider.

The Betfair market is a brilliant indicator. There is some very shrewd money with both professionals and bookmakers either arbing or laying off. Watch the last ten minutes and you will see where the smart money is going.

If laying for a place, only lay when you can lay at least three for under 5/4.

When laying the favourite, if it is favourite on Betfair there is informed money there. If you lay, use the stake to back it for a place. If it gets rolled you have the stake plus a free place bet. If it wins, you have reduced the liability dramatically. This certainly helps the bottom line when you go through the runs of laying winners. Trust me, they come and they hurt.

Have a happy new year.

Author: imaj eel

Time: 29/12/2018 8:57:13 PM

Blog Reply:

Sheeeite, I blew that fair and square...

Oh well back to holiday mode,,, see you all next year, and thanks Gary for the bookkeeping

Time: 29/12/2018 1:14:51 PM

Blog Reply:

MR5 #11 Oceanex, One win on a heavy at the provicials in maiden class, not really what is needed here.

Possibly a horse of the future, but I don't feel that it is. Will either win, and make me look foolish, or not run a place.

Gary I would like to lay this horse to run out of the placings.

Happy New Year, and good punting to all

Author: Mantank

Time: 29/12/2018 11:31:24 AM

Blog Reply:

SR6 #1 Alizee - prefers further, long lay off, weight, p unders

SR3 #8 Bondi - unders for a horse that is yet to be fully proven

Time: 29/12/2018 9:03:07 AM

Blog Reply:

This site reminds me a bit of that hardware store that opened up to compete with the green shed.

You have to be able to cop a few losses from time to time to win at the laying game.

Time: 27/12/2018 6:27:06 AM

Blog Reply:

Welcome to the Chernobyl of the forum.

You have really got this thread humming along Gary.

Whose turn is it next to amuse us all with another train wreck. Why don't you have a go? You can base your selection(s) on some of L. Rex's ratings.

Time: 23/12/2018 1:30:59 PM

Blog Reply:

Bad luck Mantank. So close to nailing both of them. Apart from Imajeel, I note that you too, have been a good supporter of the Superlay series.

You won $248 on Mastering (Ordinary lay - SP $3.02), but lost $1,000 on Cadogan (SP $2.50). Net loss of $752.

Leaderboard with one week to go.

LAYERS' LEADERBOARD
Imajeel      +$1,787
Mantank        -$309
Squid69      -$1,000
Deadant66    -$1,138
RedBaron     -$2,224

Time: 22/12/2018 6:17:07 PM

Blog Reply:

Time Test

Time: 22/12/2018 5:45:47 PM

Blog Reply:

BR9 Cadogen

Time: 22/12/2018 5:44:14 PM

Blog Reply:

MR9 Mastering.

Time: 22/12/2018 1:15:36 PM

Blog Reply:

Thanks for all your kind words at Christmas Gary.

Is there any chance of making the bathroom a bit bigger. It seems like all your mates like to drop in on a regular basis, you included.

Time: 22/12/2018 9:06:14 AM

Blog Reply:

The forum wants to talk about winners (not whiners). Superlays can only ever attract a small sector of the punting fraternity.

Gooberlays was created as a personal bathroom for you and Khap, so you can constantly gaze at yourselves in the mirror. Enjoy the self adulation, talking to yourselves and each other about all your bullshit lays. You know, the ones where a lay is wrong and you miraculously trade out of it, and then when a lay is right, you make a king's fortune.

I will most definitely not be accessing your little dreamworld thread!

Time: 22/12/2018 8:36:29 AM

Blog Reply:

Well Gary, it was you that punted Khap and I from your thread. I would have thought that perhaps you or someone from Team Dunderhead would have stepped up with all their great knowledge.

If you care to go over to Gooberlays today I will give you two to invest your hard earned on.

In the interim, why don't you just rename this thread "Superlaughs", the Baron certainly gave us all just that when he nominated those three absolute grenades before his tearful exit.

Time: 21/12/2018 10:10:32 PM

Blog Reply:

It's not your fault Imajeel!

If a lay doesn't stand out, then don't lay it. I think you are currently in surplus over the three years you have played, so please don't jeopardise that.

The Groupies and Tod's tipping threads are as busy as five dollar hookers, but apart from you, the Superlay series has failed to sustain the interest of its participants.

Running it for only four months of the year has probably not helped. But the reality is that laying is not what most punters do and there is no point in running a comp where there is little or no demand for it.

Cheers

Time: 21/12/2018 9:12:00 PM

Blog Reply:

Can't find any syd/ mel short ones, Gary [superlays]. If I can rustle up a couple over the next few days, I will try to help the thread stay alive.

Good punting and a Merry Xmas to you and yours.

Time: 21/12/2018 7:03:10 PM

Blog Reply:

With two Saturdays plus public holidays remaining in 2018, its not too late to catch Imajeel, folks.

So many questions to be answered...

1. Will Imajeel become the winner of Superlays - 2018?
2. Will the Superlayers finish in the black for 2018?
3. Will any of the former champion superlayers return for one more crack?
4. Will apathy spell the end of the Superlay series?

Stay tuned..

Author: loges2

Time: 12/12/2018 2:52:08 PM

Blog Reply:

No "Figment" Bestie, more like the ventriloquist's dummy!!

Loges.

Page 5 of 5

Go to Page: 54321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.