[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Video quality -Sportsbet

Video quality -Sportsbet

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 1 of 1

Original Blog Post:

I currently watch Melb races via the Sportsbet site. Recently the quality of the feed has been poor and there is constant buffering. Everything was Ok until about a week ago.
Has anyone else had any problems???

Author: larch
Subject: Video quality -Sportsbet

Time: 11/3/2018 4:00:57 PM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: Gary Still
Subject: Re: Video quality -Sportsbet

Time: 28/3/2018 1:07:01 PM

Blog Reply:

I'm with you Hands.

With Cable speed at 110 Mbps, I'm avoiding the switch to NBN for as long as I'm legally allowed to.

Hopefully, by the time we become NBN'ers, most of the problems will be ironed out.

Author: Hands N Heels

Time: 28/3/2018 11:27:41 AM

Blog Reply:

The fallout from severe under-performance versus streaming, download and upload speeds quoted on NBN consumer plans is well documented. In fact some ISPs (incl Telstra) have been ordered to compensate affected customers for misleading them.

Personally I haven't been forced to switch yet (it's coming) but plenty of colleagues who have come off various delivery methods (cable, ADSL/ADSL2+, naked DSL) are reporting degraded performance on streaming video for example.

I thought it might explain your issues with streaming racing.

Author: larch

Time: 27/3/2018 9:06:59 PM

Blog Reply:

not recently,quite a while ago. Why???

Author: Todman

Time: 16/3/2018 9:18:26 PM

Blog Reply:

no

Author: Hands N Heels

Time: 16/3/2018 8:07:09 PM

Blog Reply:

larch, Todman

Have either/both of you recently switched to the NBN by chance?

Author: tic

Time: 14/3/2018 9:47:03 AM

Blog Reply:

No probs. with the racing on Foxtel--except for the mistakes that D Flindell makes in every other call !!

Author: dhaulagiri

Time: 11/3/2018 7:53:21 PM

Blog Reply:

If I am watching the Melbourne races at home on my computer I watch it live from www.racing.com and generally have very few buffering problems.

Racing.com also have a free to air channel on digital channel 68/78.

Ditto with NSW races on the NSW Racing site:
http://www.racingnsw.com.au.

Author: Todman

Time: 11/3/2018 5:39:51 PM

Blog Reply:

same here - buffering all the time - 1 race I watched got to in the straight and after buffering, started again only to get to straight and jump to after the race was over

Page 1 of 1

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.