[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - For Australian Racing Fans only

For Australian Racing Fans only

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 1 of 1

Original Blog Post:

With the topliners due to return over the next 6 weeks, perhaps this post will attract former respected R&S FORUMITES, to revisit and contribute.

I will ask that your content is only about Australian/NZ racing and totally refrain from including negative references to the sport and to fellow forumites. Irrespective of your standing on this forum, you will be excluded from posting on this thread.

The chances are that there will only be a few responders- but that’s alright as this forum is just about forgettable.

I would love to restart a few of the comps that were so successful, but I have recently retired, and I am greatly enjoying my freedom.

I guess that the racing news currently is focused on the Everest and the Kosciuzszko and to a lesser extent, the Winx Stakes, the Memsie Stakes, the Golden Rose and onto the great spring carnivals. With 31 Group 1’s before the New Year, there is a veritable racing smorgasbord to provide fodder for postings. I have listed these Group 1’s below.

I suppose that the Mighty Winx will grab the headlines but as she ages, she has to be more vulnerable. My thoughts on possible stars are
Menari
Paret
Pacodali
Dargento
Kings Will Dream

With both Zousain and The Autumn Sun spearing the Waller assault on the 3yr old classics, perhaps there are smokey’s out there that someone could post about on this thread.

Remember the “Visionary” Comp – here is a chance for you to star - perhaps your vision on the races below, could add lots of discussion points for this thread.

Aug-18 your vision
Sat 18 Winx Warwick Stakes (NSW) NSW 500000 1400m Randwick
Sep-18
Sat 01 Memsie Stakes (VIC) VIC 400000 1400m Caulfield
Sat 15 George Main Stakes (NSW) NSW 500000 1600m Randwick
Sat 15 Makybe Diva Stakes (VIC) VIC 750000 1600m Flemington
Sat 22 Golden Rose Stakes (NSW) NSW 1000000 1400m Rosehill
Fri 28 Moir Stakes (VIC) VIC 500000 1000m Moonee Valley
Sat 29 Flight Stakes (NSW) NSW 500000 1600m Randwick
Sat 29 The Metropolitan (NSW) NSW 750000 2400m Randwick
Sat 29 Epsom Handicap (NSW) NSW 1000000 1600m Randwick
Sun 30 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes (VIC) VIC 500000 1400m Caulfield
Sun 30 Underwood Stakes (VIC) VIC 750000 1800m Caulfield
Oct-18
Sat 06 Spring Champion Stakes (NSW) NSW 500000 2000m Randwick
Sat 06 Turnbull Stakes (VIC) VIC 500000 2000m Flemington
Sat 13 Toorak Handicap (VIC) VIC 500000 1600m Caulfield
Sat 13 Caulfield Stakes (VIC) VIC 1000000 2000m Caulfield
Sat 13 Thousand Guineas (VIC) VIC 500000 1600m Caulfield
Sat 13 Caulfield Guineas (VIC) VIC 2000000 1600m Caulfield
Sat 13 The Everest (NSW) NSW 13000000 1200m Randwick
Sat 20 Caulfield Cup (VIC) VIC 3000000 2400m Caulfield
Fri 26 Manikato Stakes (VIC) VIC 1000000 1200m Moonee Valley
Sat 27 Cox Plate (VIC) VIC 3000000 2040m Moonee Valley
Nov-18
Sat 03 Myer Classic (VIC) VIC 500000 1600m Flemington
Sat 03 Kennedy Mile (VIC) VIC 1000000 1600m Flemington
Sat 03 Coolmore Stud Stakes (VIC) VIC 1000000 1200m Flemington
Sat 03 Victoria Derby (VIC) VIC 1500000 2500m Flemington
Tue 06 Melbourne Cup (VIC) VIC 6200000 3200m Flemington
Thu 08 Kennedy Oaks (VIC) VIC 1000000 2500m Flemington
Sat 10 Emirates Stakes (VIC) VIC 2000000 2000m Flemington
Sat 10 Darley Classic (VIC) VIC 1000000 1200m Flemington
Sat 24 Railway Stakes (WA) WA 1000000 1600m Ascot
Dec-18
Sat 01 Winterbottom Stakes (WA) WA 1000000 1200m Ascot
Sat 08 Kingston Town Classic (WA) WA 1000000 1800m Ascot

Author: Todman
Subject: For Australian Racing Fans only

Time: 31/7/2018 8:57:59 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: Wilks
Subject: Re: For Australian Racing Fans only

Time: 18/8/2018 10:01:10 AM

Blog Reply:

G'day.

One of Weiry's that goes around first up at Caulfield in the Lawrence called Danon Liberty might be a bit special. Will be watching that run with a view to him going deep into the good races in Spring.

Humidor is another that could be in for a good prep, was huge in the Cox Plate last year.

No revelation to anyone here I'm sure but Santa Ana Lane is just a ripper horse and I'll be interested to see where Anthony Freedman aims him, obviously the Everest would be the overall target. The mare that ran second to him in the Goodwood, MissRock is, in my opinion, underrated. She consistently runs well above market estimations and goes around at big odds. Rarely runs a bad race, no matter the class of her opposition.

One I'm hoping can make the step up from its Slipper campaign is Tony Gollan's Ef Troop.

As ever, at this stage of the Season, hopes are high. Reality may set in later, but for now I'll be planning on booking the Armaguard truck to be making a regular pick up from TAB HQ on its way to my place.

Author: jet

Time: 8/8/2018 4:23:42 PM

Blog Reply:

Just back from holidays so been away from the scene for a while.
I like to keep an eye on horses that spell in queensland after their carnival and then return south.
Will keep an eye on lead in races to try and spot a progressive horse. Sometimes exposed form is not the best form.
The number of overseas nominations might suggest that their connections envisage that Winx may be vulnerable this year. Interesting.

Author: Todman

Time: 8/8/2018 8:02:54 AM

Blog Reply:

I think VM will be a major contender for the big races leading to the MC. I have never been able to select an MC winner further out than CC day, so my opinion, at this stage, means nought.

Author: Ramses

Time: 7/8/2018 5:29:53 PM

Blog Reply:

Yeah maccamax. Not unhappy with the run, considering the WFA didn't suit. Hoping Kementari and Pierata both get a slot in the Everest. Alizee and D'argento still big dangers in the Epsom. Lanciato into $10 now. Will have four weeks off to the Tramway, then four weeks into Epsom. Apparently enjoys spaced runs. Jockey Rachel King was very happy with the run.

Todman, what are your thoughts on Venger Masque for the Cup this year? I've had a dip at the $67.

Author: maccamax

Time: 7/8/2018 9:40:34 AM

Blog Reply:

Lanciato ran quite well for 4th $22 in his 1st up run ...

Author: maccamax

Time: 6/8/2018 8:32:26 PM

Blog Reply:

Good luck with this thread , certainly an opportunity to examine the views of some good judges .
   I have been expecting a big Spring for Kementari and his top effort 1st up encouraging.
Another lightly raced 4y/o is due back, GRUNT. and if he comes up he should also add to his imposing record at the top level.

Avilius : certainly caught the eye with 59.5 in a Benchmark win but his final sectionals had quality all over them, off a slower early pace.      The Handicapper will be kind to him in higher grade and one to follow I suggest.

Author: Ramses

Time: 2/8/2018 9:45:12 PM

Blog Reply:

Hey there Todman. The only one I have my eye on at the moment is Lanciato. A former Kiwi horse who had a nice Autumn, culminating in a 7th in the Doncaster. Beat Prized Icon in January and could have a decent Spring in races below the top level. Epsom is the main aim (I've taken $36 - $26 still available). Does get back in races, so may need a bit of luck at times. Ran on for ok 4th in the Winx trial. First up on Saturday but the WFA won't suit. Hoping he will be running on late for a nice first up run.

Cheers

Page 1 of 1

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.