[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Aussie plodders disappearing

Aussie plodders disappearing

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 1 of 1

Original Blog Post:

What a good thing. The sooner the better. Tomorrow's staying race at Flemington sees every acceptor bred in Great Britain or Ireland. What does this say about Aussie stayers? It is not even Spring yet, when the better imports usually dominate.

I have previously commented on the number of Aussie acceptors in recent Melbourne Cups. Once you get to 1600m and beyond Aussie horses just don't compare with the imports, except for one horse of course. No one is able to offer up any other names that double that number. Don't ask anyone to list the best 5 Aussie horses at 1600m or beyond, because they can't.

It won't get any better for Aussie breds this Spring and I will be back each week or so to highlight the dominance of imports.

Author: Khaptingly
Subject: Aussie plodders disappearing

Time: 10/8/2018 5:27:43 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: worker collective farmer
Subject: Re: Aussie plodders disappearing

Time: 20/8/2018 1:57:38 AM

Blog Reply:

Nah, I'd forgotten "fopar", Nige. I think it might be an old Hindi word describing a loser who wastes 20 years annoying his village saying how much he hates everything but who offers no answers and bizarrely the community leader never nips it in the bud *hello mods? hello, mods? Anyone there? Why is this nonsense still going on over a decade later?!

It's interesting reading the 'fopar' post. Khrapper reckons his lays would never be unsuccessful (they have now been about 7 times). Khrapper reckons he's had 28 successful lays (ROFLMAO) - yet despite claiming an exact number he cannot even name one. Khrapper reckons we should answer his inane questions about Australia's best racehorse. But he will not answer a question asked a lot longer ago.

Author: Khaptingly Subject: Re: Aussie Sporting Woes
Time: 17/11/2010 3:19:10 AM Blog Reply:

"Rex please explain to me and the forum why I or anyone else would back one of my Lays to run a place.

We all know they are not going to win, so why take a place div when it can only run 2nd or 3rd. Remember, we all know it is not going to win. Even worse mate.

Lets have a look at all my Melbourne Cup Lays over the years. The millions punters would have saved by not backing for the win, my Lays, would have saved even more if not backing them for the place either. Remember though all my Lays, are Lays to win, that is what punters at large, are also referring to as well, when they Lay a horse.

Did I tell you I have given 28 Lays on this site without an error and over 30 in Melbourne Cups over the years, without an error.

Perhaps you can care to tell the forum, how much you were returned for your Win Lays over the years on the exchange, when they placed.

Rex you are up there with Lister, with forum fopars. Remember his offer of 1000/1 for the Hawks, quickly withdrawn. Time you did the same with your remarks."

Author: nigeltufnel

Time: 19/8/2018 6:25:17 PM

Blog Reply:

Good of you to reignite the epic WACA ‘fopar’ (remember that one?) wcf.

I may have missed an update or two in all my time overseas; have we mastered internet banking, and therefore how are we servicing our eight clients?

Nige ;-)

Time: 17/8/2018 12:43:31 AM

Blog Reply:

Snow. Sky. Gee, like no one could ever muck up those two words. *rolls eyes*

I'd be more worried about making my way to Subiaco and spending a few hours there and not being able to remember that the next day!

Author: Khaptingly

Timestamp:- 11/8/2012 5:57:36 PM
Subject: Wanakers at the WACA

Only because I had a hot number in tow.

I did not tell her who I was.

Fair dinkum, it confirmed my opinion.

AFL fans are feral, especially in the west.

Time: 16/8/2018 6:30:24 PM

Blog Reply:

I am glad you were there. Makes you look sillier. Punters around the world knew who won the Dubai World Cup, even those that did not watch the race. Seems you didn't either.

Author: Rex

Time: 16/8/2018 5:38:54 PM

Blog Reply:

K Dill

Youre right- there is no decent competition for Winx, what you clearly don’t understand is there is no real competition for her anywhere. She would have had 17lbs to spare over this years QA winner at Royal Ascot. That’s more than she has to spare over Happy Clapper and co in Australia. Duh

As for being in Dubai. We’ve been over this before when you questioned if I was actually there. When I offered to place a bet on it you coward out. Suppose it shows your not as thick as Bop Bag. That offer stills stands champ.

Author: maccamax

Time: 16/8/2018 10:17:48 AM

Blog Reply:

Why so much importance on Stayers.?

Many prefer racing to 1600m and i think the betting turnover would support that.

Race pace and consistency is much more predictable, the shorter the race.

Time: 15/8/2018 7:11:26 AM

Blog Reply:

This is laughable. Rex tells us he gave us some horses. The last horse you actually named for the forum was Japonisme. Never won a race afterwards. Don't know why you had such an opinion in the first place. Big mistake. Not as big as getting the name of Dubai World Cup winner wrong. And you said you were there. Doing what?

Then you tell us there are some fabulous Aussie horses racing around the globe. There might be but they are not racing here in Aussie. My point exactly. Seems you could be starting to agree with me that they are not here and the Aussie opposition to Winx is basically void. Unless you want to prove to us otherwise.

Time: 13/8/2018 8:54:04 PM

Blog Reply:

I gave you the answer a while back K Dill- now go and look it up.

Some wonderful Australian bred horses racing around the globe.

Time: 13/8/2018 6:26:59 PM

Blog Reply:

Naming 5 Aussie horses that are the next best behind Winx is not a trick question either. A very basic question but you cannot answer it, can you Rex. Clearly you cannot back up your ramblings. It is all very well to name call and tell us how good things are. How about providing proof.

By the way, answer the above question with the names of those horses, which I first asked in 2017, as did Gladys, and then I will answer yours.

Time: 13/8/2018 6:21:05 PM

Blog Reply:

Blocking you? But Khappo said blocking people on here was for cowards!!

Time: 13/8/2018 4:59:54 PM

Blog Reply:

I can't believe Khrapper doesn't think he's a troll. Anyone else would be embarrassed to create such a blatant lie as "Winx out" - talk about desperate for attention! (BTW I'm only answering here because he's still playing his games of blocking me on some threads such as the Winx one)

Time: 13/8/2018 3:10:14 AM

Blog Reply:

It wasn't a trick question Khappo

Time: 11/8/2018 8:19:37 AM

Blog Reply:

How strong do you think the current staying division is in Australia Khappo?

Time: 11/8/2018 5:17:35 AM

Blog Reply:

"And smart buyers are buying imports."

It's a miracle! Khrapper writes an actual coherent piece about losing and then writes the above!

If miracles come in threes, next he'll admit that if smart buyers buy imports then local studs would be stupid to breed/stand stayers, and that it's cheaper to buy proven stayers because it costs too much to raise a stayer for 3 or 4 years only to find they are mediocre.

Time: 10/8/2018 10:01:20 PM

Blog Reply:

And smart buyers are buying imports.

Time: 10/8/2018 7:30:17 PM

Blog Reply:

What I'll say is with few exceptions, no ones really breeding them, they are buying them ready made. Here and now mentality, champ.

Time: 10/8/2018 4:01:37 PM

Blog Reply:

Don't ask Khrapper to list his lays because he can't without showing how clueless he is. How many years has he avoided this question now?

Page 1 of 1

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.