[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - The Everest

The Everest

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 1 of 1

Original Blog Post:

I think a thread with this title deserves better than the other of the same title, promises.

It is a pity, that wet weather is likely to be a factor, but with 12 of the top sprinters in the land and many of them world class, the race will be excitement plus.

Will it be speedsters dominated or suit the back markers?

Feel free to support this thread to show the detractors (only 2) that they are irrelevant - STILL

Author: Todman
Subject: The Everest

Time: 9/10/2018 11:59:53 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: lostclarity
Subject: Re: The Everest

Time: 12/10/2018 2:09:11 PM

Blog Reply:

Shoals

Time: 12/10/2018 9:26:41 AM

Blog Reply:

looks like the track will be a H9 or H10.

It's unknown territory for many. Santa Anna Lane and Osborne Bulls are probable benefactors of this rating.

Not sure RE Trapeze Artist now.

I will be taking a boxed tri

Trapeze Artist
Shoals
Santa Anna Lane
Vega Magic
Osbourne Bulls

Author: gladys

Time: 12/10/2018 8:59:44 AM

Blog Reply:

I really like your tips, Tufnel.

Do you recall a couple of years back you sprung this tipping contest on me one Friday afternoon and nominated all the favourites for the following Derby Day program as your selections. If memory serves me I told you they were all unders and all lays.

Wasn't it hilarious when they all hit the fence, a couple at odds on.

I don't recall you ever tipping since!

Author: nigeltufnel

Time: 11/10/2018 8:16:46 PM

Blog Reply:

Sure, when you give your tips.

Author: Ramses

Time: 11/10/2018 7:10:57 PM

Blog Reply:

Tough race to tip. With a little uncertainty about the track conditions I'm going with Shoals as she will handle all conditions, racing well and I think with even luck will go very close. Throwing Santa Ana Lane and Viddora in my top three. Should be an exciting race, and what a cracking day at Caulfield.

Author: theredbaron

Time: 11/10/2018 2:25:29 PM

Blog Reply:

Great to see it only costs $1.8million for a slot for three years.Then go and get a horse to run in the race. Sounds like a great deal for the rich and famous.

Time: 11/10/2018 2:11:08 PM

Blog Reply:

the track rating at the time of the race, will be crucial to many of these. While it is a H8 at this point, I am going with a S7.

Shoals looks like the horse best suited to all conditions, so she needs to be in my top 3.

I like the form of Trapeze Artist 3rd up and deeper into prep, but I doubt him on a H8 or worse track.

In Her Time needs a S5 or better - there are 2 Brave Smash's, given his autumn performances at Randwick.

Redzel will be in it on all surfaces until the 200 or better.

Vega Magic is the one to beat in my book

Santa Anna Lane and Viddora (as well as Brave Smash) are the ones to beat off a hot early pace.

No real liking for US Navy Flag, but the rain affected track will give him a chance as they won't be running 1.08 and change. At this fast pace, I reckon he would struggle.

My 3 are

Trapeze Artist
Vega Magic
Shoals

It's possible that I may miss the placegetters given the wet track and depth of race.

Author: Sydeston

Time: 11/10/2018 1:08:42 PM

Blog Reply:

I backed Santa Ana Lane and Shoals some weeks ago at $17.00. Happy to be on after their respective last starts. I think SAL is probably the best sprinter in the country.

Like many others I had my doubts about the concept and still wonder if it is "good for racing". If it gets crowds through the gates I suppose it must be good!
The Caulfield Cup is only 9 days away but the media coverage thus far has been non-existent - the Everest has taken the spotlight completely.

Good luck all.

Author: jet

Time: 11/10/2018 10:03:56 AM

Blog Reply:

I will be having a few dollars each way Shoals and Le Romain.
I am looking forward to watching the race and envisage a blanklet finish.
I enjoy the thrills of horse racing and find positives to move forward with.

Author: Khaptingly

Time: 10/10/2018 10:39:22 PM

Blog Reply:

Better still tufnel, give us your tip or tips before that race or any race to be run on Saturday.

You have never told us of a bet you had that lost.

So come on give us your winners before the race or your losers after it.

Author: nigeltufnel

Time: 10/10/2018 10:19:39 PM

Blog Reply:

I’ve got a couple of mates in Sydney who are going to the Everest on Saturday. I have asked them to keep their eyes and ears peeled for the multiple detractors khrapper has mentioned.

I’ll let you all know what they have to report early next week.

Nige ;-)

Author: Richard III

Time: 9/10/2018 10:14:25 PM

Blog Reply:

Originally, I thought it was too much of a gimmick to really work ongoing- but after last years success and all the drama of an opera (cough) leading up to this years it appears to be a cracker of a race – worthy of a group 1

after the barrier draw I think Redzel will get the run of the track and go back to back.. really hoping Viddora pulls out a big one though

Author: Hands N Heels

Time: 9/10/2018 7:18:05 PM

Blog Reply:

Thanks for starting a thread Todman, I think the calibre of race that this is, deserves it.

I sat out Spring Champion Stakes day, dismayed at the wet and scratchings and I too have some misgivings about the impact of the wet on this race but given how RR was upgraded to the Slow range last Sat after just one afternoon of sun, despite 50mm on Wed-Fri, I remain hopeful we can get back there come PM Saturday, even with the 30mm or so expected in the coming 3 days. If not well so be it, if the groundswell of enthusiasm I witnessed on course last year for this race is a barometer, rain hail or shine there will be no lack of atmosphere, it was palpable.

I saw a one hour special on Sky recently that followed Peter V'Landy's concept from birth in the run up to the inaugural event and it was quite an insight - interviews with the likes of Max Whitby, Damion Flower, James Harron etc. and their thought processes and negotiations around slot-filling. Coincidentally they originally thought of calling it the Kosciuszko but felt that name didn't have a global feel for obvious reasons, now they've utilised it by extending the very popular and successful Country Championship concept and made it possible for Joe Public to share in the spoils, just like with the Everest itself last year - a similarly smart marketing move.

As for a winner, I took $16 about SANTA ANA LANE Fri night before the Premiere and with his Heavy track Straddie win suggesting he has no issues with the wet, I'm looking forward to this just a little bit more. SHOALS was the flashing light run for mine with VEGA MAGIC & LE ROMAIN rounding out my Top 4. No morals in this field though, it should be a cracker!

Author: Khaptingly

Time: 9/10/2018 3:40:02 PM

Blog Reply:

I think you will find there are more than 2 detractors. You just need to open your eyes and ears a bit more.

Of course a lot of the detractors don't bother speaking up. On the other side you have those easily led suckers who will believe anything that is hyped up in the media. Aussies are basically a simple lot who will just jump aboard.

Page 1 of 1

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.