[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - What A Great Cricket Team

What A Great Cricket Team

Order by Date Ascending

Racing and Sports -- Site comments or suggestions
Page 3 of 3

Go to Page: 321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

I see how our highly regarded, much loved and talented cricket team is playing superb cricket in front of packed houses against that world force in cricket, Pakistan.

I think that the choice of vice captain was also a stroke of genius. The reason given was that of "good lineage". That is how it should be. If your dad has played for Australia then you should have an automatic right to follow in the family tradition without being held back by lack of talent, prior failures and or indiscretions.

I can't wait for the summer to see our talented, modest, fun loving boys playing cricket in the true spirit of the game. Just like they always do.

Author: gladys
Subject: What A Great Cricket Team

Time: 11/10/2018 9:47:31 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: nigeltufnel
Subject: Re: What A Great Cricket Team

Time: 13/11/2018 9:34:34 PM

Blog Reply:

No.

Practice what you preach.

Time: 11/11/2018 7:43:40 AM

Blog Reply:

I think it is called selective memory Tufnel.

Have a look at the posts.

Author: Khaptingly

Time: 11/11/2018 6:52:34 AM

Blog Reply:

Rex won't have the courage to do or say similar.

Time: 10/11/2018 9:58:59 PM

Blog Reply:

I don’t recall you and khrapper specifically bagging Australian cricketers for sledging or engaging the opposition in verbal banter.

My recollection is that you thought they weren’t good enough cricketers, and that you both celebrated their losses, especially if they were on foreign soil. That’s what rankled with most of us on this forum.

Cheating is different.

If Australian cricketers, wearing the baggy green, have to cheat to win, then I am not going to support them. The fact that one of them, in the same series, was dishing out top level sledging but was then unable to cop it coming back, was proof to me that this individual bid not deserve to wear the baggy green; nor should he ever again.

....and don’t saddle me with the fatherly condescending “now you see the light” crap either.

Nige

Time: 8/11/2018 12:55:21 PM

Blog Reply:

Where were all these bold words when Khap and I were criticising these louts for years on end.

If however, you have now come to that conclusion, I applaud your new resolve.

I have loved the game since I was very young and don't intend to attend or watch another game until this current lot of boofheads have either retired or been turfed, hopefully the latter. I just don't accept that three batsmen alone engineered this cheating without the rest being at least, aware.

I think the current players and CA are very worried about the public backlash this summer.

Time: 7/11/2018 6:17:30 PM

Blog Reply:

No I did not.

What happened in South Africa was a disgrace. It was among the lowest behaviour on a sporting field I have ever seen, and a national embarrassment. Personally, it cast a huge pall over the sport I love and played for 40 years. I was shattered.

I haven’t watched a ball of any game involving Australia since.

If the bans are reduced, I will never go to a game of international cricket again.

N.T.

P.S. Now apologise.

Time: 7/11/2018 2:12:21 PM

Blog Reply:

They have now punted the Rugby man. Only a couple more to go.

If those clowns would have paid attention to what Khap and I have been saying for the lat ten years or so, none of this drama would have happened.

Come on Tufnel. Tell us what where we were wrong. You defended these louts and no hopers, how silly to you feel?

Time: 5/11/2018 10:58:16 PM

Blog Reply:

No.

It only reinforces what we already know about you.

Time: 5/11/2018 7:03:11 PM

Blog Reply:

As each days passes it only accentuates what Gladys and I have been saying for over a decade.

Author: Deadant66

Time: 5/11/2018 5:48:27 PM

Blog Reply:

Blah , Blah , Blah.

Easy to bag - Let's be positive !

Give us your Melbourne Cup tips you chicken.

Yeah Rite.

Time: 5/11/2018 4:54:01 PM

Blog Reply:

Positive news today. The air con salesman has quit.

Next on the agenda should be the coach. They will go nowhere with him. He can go back to being president of the Marsh Bros fan club.

After that, punt all those hangers on from Waugh/Ponting/Clarke era with the grandiose titles. They can go and write their memoirs and cook books that no one will read.

Finally, get Jason Gillespie as head coach with Chris Rodgers as his assistant and you will develop a team and a culture we are proud of.

You watch! The poms will get these two if we don't act.

Time: 5/11/2018 5:42:26 AM

Blog Reply:

It's cricket but Rex doesn't care now. After all those wasted years defending the Aussies and trying to mount a case.

Rex does not care about Rugby either. He told us. Funny about that. And tennis and soccer, could it be Aussie racing is next. Well after all they may as well run cureent Aussie Group 1's on overseas turf given the number of Aussie horses trying to win them.

Time: 4/11/2018 7:33:56 PM

Blog Reply:

Aussies should not be put against international competition in any sport let alone cricket.

They are just out of their league.

Aussies all out for 152 today.

Author: Rex

Time: 4/11/2018 11:38:15 AM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag thinks the horse born the earliest then always develops the fastest. Did you not do biology at school?

Now- which one of you clowns stated that no horse should even be odds on in a horse race?

Outstanding

Time: 4/11/2018 10:27:30 AM

Blog Reply:

Just when you think we have hit rock bottom with CA, the next episode emerges.

We now have posters being put up in the Aussie dressing room to remind these dolts that they are "The Australian Cricket Team". Was it the case that they have been under the assumption that they were the Lithuanian Swimming Team?

The next howler was a sign to enforce the new slogan, "Elite Honesty". Is that different from ordinary honesty?

I think if they want to put up posters, one showing the basic procedure for playing cricket shots with another showing the basic hand grips for seam and swing bowling would be more appropriate.

If they did this, there would be less need for boxes of tissues for post match crying as well as freeing up the 12th man from his regular visits to the local hardware store.

CA have the talent if they would only open their eyes. Chris Rodgers, Simon O'Donnell and Jason Gillespie. All respected and talented individuals. This would allow them to punt the air conditioner salesman, the rugby union bloke and the guy that can't put two words together.

It is going to be a long summer for these boofheads.

Time: 4/11/2018 5:02:06 AM

Blog Reply:

Unfortunately my most recent post on this thread was modified by the mods.

So everyone, Rex has abandoned his little Aussies. Or has he just given up in despair. Or is it that he finally agrees with what Gladys and I have been saying for around a decade but just can't get the words out.

Rex, stand in line with Tufnel and you will learn a lot.

Time: 3/11/2018 5:04:37 PM

Blog Reply:

If you think that is funny L.Rex, what about the dunce who thought So You Think was a well furnished three year old when he won the Cox Plate the first time, even though, biologically, he was still two years old.

Any idea who that dead head was?

Author: Rex

Time: 3/11/2018 11:13:28 AM

Blog Reply:

Again K Dill- couldn't give a hoot.

Now was it you or Bop Bag who said no horse should ever start odds on?

That is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard in horse racing- not just in here, but full stop

hahahahaha- Jesus wept, thats just so pathetically funny

Time: 3/11/2018 9:04:31 AM

Blog Reply:

At last there is some good news for those poor souls that follow the Australian cricket team.

The ODI game against SA tomorrow won't be shown on free to air television. Some more brilliant decision making from CA in their TV negotiating.

They should extend this to the test series as I doubt any sane person could be bothered watching this lot of no hoping big heads do anything.

I wonder who the sponsors are? Probably a hardware chain or tissue manufacturer!

Time: 3/11/2018 2:16:26 AM

Blog Reply:

This is a cricket thread Rex. You are rattled and desperate. No wonder. Your beloved little Aussies have let you down.

Gladys and I told you and others for a good decade or more what they were like with their boorish behaviour, bad sportsmanship, dissent, arrogance, sledging and cultural problems in the team. But you don't need us to tell you these things even though I know you rely on us.

You don't need us to tell you because it has all been covered in the newspapers of the world since at least 2004. The word crisis has been mentioned regularly when news of Aussie cricket has been broadcast in news bulletins and the press this year.

So Rex, how is Aussie cricket faring these days on and off the field? Show some courage and answer that question.

Page 3 of 3

Go to Page: 321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.