[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - A Gift To You All

A Gift To You All

Order by Date Ascending

Racing and Sports -- Site comments or suggestions
Page 3 of 3

Go to Page: 321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

Like Khap, you can always rely upon me to throw the dunderheads a bone every so often so that they don't become too depressed with their shortcomings as punters.

Here is your bone for the year. Lay Winx in the Cox Plate and lay her early.

I lay her on a regular basis and using just basic methods as backing back for a place and taking a few quinellas it is easy to collect 5-10% on the stake money.

However, this time it will be payday, big time.

If one looks at the Turnbull and her win one will soon see that she is not going well at all. That race was run three seconds outside of Makybe Diva's track record for that distance. That equates to 16-18 lengths behind what MD ran.

The second issue is the field that is running. I wouldn't dream of second guessing Waller, but instead of the knee jerk reaction to spelling TAS, he should have kept him in. I imagine he was frightened that if TAS got rolling at the school with 49kg he might be hard to run down. I think this plays right in to the hands of Godolphin with Benbatl and the Cummings horse. They are now only looking out for one now, Winx.

I think the NZ mare is a bit of a mystery. As for the usual locals, they should be taken for a ride around town in the float during the race as they are one paced no hopers.

The trick with this lay is to get on early and if you are faint hearted, trade out when she eases, which she will big time. For the more adventurous among you, hold your nerve.

This is still an appalling field for our greatest WFA race but at least the imported B Graders give it some interest.

Author: gladys
Subject: A Gift To You All

Time: 20/10/2018 10:39:57 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: theking
Subject: Re: A Gift To You All

Time: 14/11/2018 11:39:33 PM

Blog Reply:

Nigel,
Todman 12 starts for 10 wins & 2 seconds

Those seconds were to a couple of very good ones in Tulloch as a 2yo over 7 furlongs & to Redcraze 6/G1s as a 3yo over 8 furlongs & 110 yards.

Here's another couple of good ones that Tulloch beat.

Tulloch beat Lord 6.5 G1s over 10 furlongs
BUT
Lord beat Tulloch twice, once over 10furlongs & once over12 furlongs,

Sailor's Guide 4/G1s was beaten by Tulloch over 12 furlongs
BUT
Sailor's Guide beat Tulloch over 13 furlongs.

Sailor's Guide then went on to race with distinction in the USA including winning the Washington D.C. International G1 at his first start there.

Author: nigeltufnel

Time: 13/11/2018 9:31:55 PM

Blog Reply:

Thanks king.

Nothing from our other ‘experts’ (sic).

Too busy firing off nonsensical nerf arrows to come up with anything remotely consequential of their own.

Nige ;-)

Author: Rex

Time: 11/11/2018 7:39:05 PM

Blog Reply:

Theking

nearly a champion? He'd be lauded an out and out champion in Europe with that sort of record. Especially having beaten one of the greats in Tulloch.

Author: theking

Time: 11/11/2018 1:38:50 PM

Blog Reply:

Nigel,
Tulloch beat a pretty handy one in TODMAN.

He beat TODMAN in the AJC Sires Produce 1400m by about 2 lengths.

Interestingly TODMAN reversed this defeat 5 days later in the more suitable (for him) Champagne Stakes 1200m thrashing Tulloch by 6 lengths.

And as of course as most of us know TODMAN was very nearly a CHAMPION in his own right, a very dominant racehorse.

12 starts, 10 wins (inc. Golden Slipper), 1 second in the AJC Sires Produce when beaten by TULLOCH.

Time: 10/11/2018 11:05:17 PM

Blog Reply:

Still waiting for that list of champions Phar Lap and Tillich beat.

Time: 10/11/2018 10:15:17 PM

Blog Reply:

Can we look forward to you honouring your losing bet and leaving the forum?

Why havent you- do you have no morals at all?

Time: 10/11/2018 9:59:36 AM

Blog Reply:

Then why did you ask, pray tell.

Can I look forward to you posting about me on Christmas Day again this year?

Talk about obsession!

Time: 10/11/2018 7:20:02 AM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

instead of putting us through that load of rubbish, you could have just said you were an unemployed, online troll.

It wouldn't have come as a shock to any of us.

Time: 9/11/2018 11:25:02 AM

Blog Reply:

I realise your passion and raison d'etre is talking about yourself, L. Rex, but I engage on this forum to hear other people's views and keep Team Dunderhead appraised of their misguided stupidity.

I have already told you what my profession is previously and unlike your good self, have no intention of disclosing personal information.

Instead of prying into personal matters of others, why not inform the forum of the best WFA horse in Australia after Winx. If that does your block head in, tell us the best horse she has beaten.

Time: 9/11/2018 2:03:39 AM

Blog Reply:

So what do you do Bop Bag - professional dimwit troll doesnt count?

Time: 8/11/2018 12:42:49 PM

Blog Reply:

A farmer? I don't think so. Though I imagine if I wanted to put any part of my land under crop there would be plenty of free fertiliser coming from yours and Tufnels posts.

The beauty of having a reasonable spread of land means the only halfwits I have to suffer are on this forum.

Time: 8/11/2018 9:08:23 AM

Blog Reply:

So Bop Bags a farmer- jesus wept, stick to farming

Time: 7/11/2018 6:23:54 PM

Blog Reply:

No way.

You’re both entitled to your opinions. It just so happens I don’t agree with many of them.

The scorn you both heap on dissenting voices and the preposterous claims of superiority don’t paint you both in a good light either.

I asked you a while back to name the top horses Phar Lap and Tulloch beat. You came up with nought. I contend that, like Winx, they were so superior they made the opposition look ordinary.

That’s my opinion, and I’ll be sticking to it.

Nige

Time: 7/11/2018 2:09:22 PM

Blog Reply:

Pretty close there, Tufnel. I am older than 47, it is called a Spanish ranch style house and it is in mum's back yard. Well sort of. I purchased 100 acres from Mum's family, river fronted, in the NE of NSW.

Now whilst you are working out all those things, work this out. Who is the best wfa horse in Australia apart from Winx. Who is the best horse she has beaten. Finally, what part of Khap or my views on Australian cricket and their culture over the last ten or so years is incorrect?

I imagine that will silence your silly yapping for a while.

Time: 7/11/2018 5:30:05 AM

Blog Reply:

No K Dill- you can't price up those races without having an odds on fav? Were they to difficult? Do you want me to find a few more?

stup1dity beyond belief. You shouldn't even be allowed to post in anything resembling a racing forum

Time: 5/11/2018 10:57:07 PM

Blog Reply:

I imagine you are 47 years old, living in a bungalow in your Mum’s back yard, and you haven’t set foot on a racecourse in 20 years.

Nige ;-)

P.S. I had a great day at Flemington on Saturday!

Time: 5/11/2018 7:09:43 PM

Blog Reply:

K Dill
cant substantiate your claim that no race should ever have an odds favourite? Dont feel bad- It was maybe the dumbest thing ever been stated in this forum and cant be substantiated. Jesus wept- you cant be that thick

Bop Bag
Dont pretend to know me or what I do. The last time you tried it on and got a bit personal it ended very badly for you (you still haven't honoured your bet).

Now this may come us a complete shock to you, but some of us don't want to sit in a room all day on a PC being a troll with a life quality of a dung beetle

Time: 5/11/2018 12:37:07 PM

Blog Reply:

It must be rewarding having a job that comprises tipping short priced favourites in a market that no one bets on.

I imagine that Tufnel is your form analyst.

Author: Khaptingly

Time: 5/11/2018 5:33:35 AM

Blog Reply:

As an observation I provided comment to describe your attitude Rex but it was deleted by the mods. As were words to describe the alleged activities of the Aussie cricket team. Deleted twice in both cases. Some of my recent posts have lost their meaning and purpose.

Now Rex, why would a successful punter like you need to work? Why would any? Because they are not that successful after all, as much as they would have others believe, and can't deal with the pressure that comes with that vocation.

Time: 5/11/2018 2:01:18 AM

Blog Reply:

K Dill

Or perhaps you'd like to price up this match race that jumps in about half an hour without having either runner at odds on? (and you whinge about the field sizes in Australia!!)

15:25 Magpas Air Ambulance Novices' Chase2m 3f 189y (Class 3) £16,800 added
Prizemoney: Winner £9,747 2nd £2,862 3rd £1,431 4th £716
Going: Good (Good to Firm in places)
Surface: Turf

No. 1   P/52015- Le Breuil (FR) 190
Distance Winner 6
11-2 B Pauling D A Jacob Odds: 1/9

No. 3   3F21/P3- Real Warrior (IRE) 272 7
11-2 C T Pogson R T Dunne Odds: 13/2

Non runners 2, 4

Page 3 of 3

Go to Page: 321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.