[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Melbourne Cup 2018 - Lay these

Melbourne Cup 2018 - Lay these

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 2 of 2

Go to Page: 21.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

A flash back to the good old days. Not that there is anything wrong with these days, unless you are talking Aussie sport and racing.

People and more particularly the punters loved my Melbourne Cup lays over the years. Not one has won in the history of the forum and in some Melbourne Cups I have given 6 lays.

So here we go with 6 again. Lay these to win. If you cannot lay for some reason, then just avoid them in your win bets.

Who Shotthebarman
Ace High
Auvray
Zacada
Runaway
Cross Counter

Author: Khaptingly
Subject: Melbourne Cup 2018 - Lay these

Time: 5/11/2018 7:10:02 PM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: gladys
Subject: Re: Melbourne Cup 2018 - Lay these

Time: 8/11/2018 12:47:02 PM

Blog Reply:

I have seen your tips, Rex. No thanks.

Think back a few Derby Days Tufnel. Remember when you called on a challenge after tipping the favourite in each race?

Would you like me to remind you what happened to each of your great selections and at what price they started.

Author: Rex

Time: 8/11/2018 9:05:55 AM

Blog Reply:

Ill give you a tip Bob Bag.

Always pay your debts, including any losing bets.

So why are you still here? Why haven't you honoured your losing bet?

Oh thats right- you're a troll with no credibility.

Author: nigeltufnel

Time: 7/11/2018 6:31:05 PM

Blog Reply:

You’re making things up again, Glad bag.

I’ve been to nearly every major day this Spring and don’t recall having a straight out bet on a single odds on pop.

I have included Winx in a couple of multi bets, but that’s about it.

Viddora, Santa Ana Lane, Brave Smash & Hartnell certainly weren’t anywhere near odds on in their wins. I backed them.

Nige $$$

Time: 7/11/2018 2:05:12 PM

Blog Reply:

All that has been demonstrated Khap is that these dunderheads have no idea of percentages or bookmaking.

Bookmakers rue the fact that they cant lay long priced horses. These are the ones that they really like to lay because the chances of them winning are remote.This rot about having to pay out enormous sums if a long shot wins is tripe.

The five you mentioned first of all would not have won if they had started the day before and were allowed to cut across the infield.

Say for example, you laid those first five for ten dollars and then Cross Counter for ten dollars at 10/1, You are holding $60 with a liability of $50 if Cross Counter wins. Forget the others, they won't. You have now laid a 10/1 shot at 6/5 on. A $5 lay off with the bookie next door and you stand to win $55 if all lose or break even if Cross Counter wins. That is bookmaking though these clowns would not understand.

Look at the track record of your critics. Poor L. Rex has never given us a lay or a tip, thank god, poor fool doesn' The rest of those posteers just come out for a bark at the moont know the difference between the numeral 2 and 3, Tufnel backs odds on favourites whilst Gary just likes to criticise and give you a whole load of "what ifs" and "should have won" when you layed correctly.

The rest of the posters like WCF and his dunderhead mates just have a bark at the moon as they have no original thoughts, ideas, nothing.

Keep up the good work.

Author: Hands N Heels

Time: 7/11/2018 11:42:23 AM

Blog Reply:

I expect a lot of ppl avoided CROSS COUNTER on the basis of it having had a setback which creates uncertainty and I suspect that was Khap's strategy and reason for laying.

Its one thing to leave it out on that basis but another entirely to actually lay it (the other 5 lays were only padding - a 10YO, 2 absolute outsiders, 2 of the 3 Aussie-breds but yet afraid to risk YOUNGSTAR despite its breeding). But the whole thing back-fired.

Time: 7/11/2018 11:41:44 AM

Blog Reply:

Yes I got 5 correct and have a history of getting it right most of the time. This cannot be disputed.

However, we see the likes of characters of Rex and Gary who only refer to my mistakes. This shows they have no character. This exercise has been worth it just to see their reaction and what type of people they are. They are ob...... with my posts, tips and replies.

It amuses me. I don't care at all what they think, it even gives me more reason to cast again.

They need to find some courage until they do, they will continue to criticise and not applaud no matter how many times a person gets it right or wrong.

Author: Gary Still

Time: 7/11/2018 10:42:41 AM

Blog Reply:

When you said you "got one wrong", Rex understood it better than I did. You are actually saying that of the 6 lays in the Melbourne Cup, you got five right and one wrong?

What sort of nonsense is that? The only way you could ever get the whole 6 wrong is for all 6 to dead heat for first!

And you say you had followers?!

Time: 7/11/2018 8:36:16 AM

Blog Reply:

You got one wrong? You only threw one up that was in the first half of the betting and its won like a good thing at double figures when you said to lay it. Jesus - thats going to take some time to recover from. Ive just dropped 10K trying to win a lousy 1K, if I followed you in.

As for tipping before the race. You said itself, I work for a living as a International media pundit - you don't think I was required to go on air or write articles and give my selections for the Melbourne Cup? Really

No odds on favs! Ive always thought you were a troll, maybe I over estimated you. The truth is you're just not that smart, are you champ!

Time: 7/11/2018 8:17:19 AM

Blog Reply:

Khap,

"I got one wrong. I would sooner be wrong and strong enough to come here and admit it.."

First I've known you to admit being wrong, instead of giving some cockamamie story about trading out of it. The only problem is, you've got 6 of your last 7 lays wrong - not just one.

"Gary, who is foolish enough to tell us an under I selected was unlucky and that I was lucky to be correct.."

After the race was over, you were adamant that Sunlight was "no chance". I pasted the stewards reports to show it was DENIED a chance - and was vindicated by a subsequent win.

"Get some guts"

Says you who laid 5 horses in the Melbourne Cup, at cricket score odds! If you ever had "followers", they have surely sacked you by now.

Time: 7/11/2018 6:47:45 AM

Blog Reply:

I got one wrong. I would sooner be wrong and strong enough to come here and admit it, than being a g...... wonder who throws stones and doesn't have the courage to tip a horse to back or lay before the event.

Those in that category include Tufnel, Rex, WCF and Gary, who is foolish enough to tell us an under I selected was unlucky and that I was lucky to be correct. Just read Gladys comment on that. What a weak human being he is, but not alone.

Get some guts.

Time: 7/11/2018 5:26:34 AM

Blog Reply:

Outstanding work K Dill

24 freaking horses and you still manage Eff it up (insert slow clap)

Not as bad as your "there should never be an odds on fav in a horse race"- but monstrously useless again

Time: 7/11/2018 1:28:20 AM

Blog Reply:

Khaptingly, it's best you leave this laying caper to the experts, son. Your last 7 lays since June 2018, sums it up well..

Egg Tart      WON
Mount Kilcoy WON
Winx          WON
Avillius      WON
Winx          WON
Sunlight      LOST (Blocked for run)
Cross Counter WON

Author: Mantank

Time: 6/11/2018 10:46:51 PM

Blog Reply:

Lol, too easy versus champion amateur, Khrapbag.

Author: pigracer

Time: 6/11/2018 8:34:06 PM

Blog Reply:

THUD !   Oh well.A dodo could have got more right. One winner, twenty three losers.

Not rocket science. You laid goats.

Tip winners in future, Pigs rule.

Author: loges2

Time: 6/11/2018 7:01:19 PM

Blog Reply:

Yeah, if he lays 'em bet them!!

Author: nigeltufnel

Time: 6/11/2018 6:14:22 PM

Blog Reply:

Wow! What a bonanza! Great work khrapper!

Who are you laying in the Oaks?

Author: worker collective farmer

Time: 6/11/2018 5:20:46 PM

Blog Reply:

Why would anyone listen to the worst punter on here? Flushed out? Yeah .....good one

Author: theredbaron

Time: 6/11/2018 3:22:45 PM

Blog Reply:

Yeah good one krapman..

Time: 6/11/2018 1:08:11 PM

Blog Reply:

Sunlight was my best bet of the day on Saturday back against it's own age. I won thousands upon thousands off it.

You are clutching at straws Gary. What on earth has a successful knock on the horse one week got to do with it's race the next week.

So what do you like for the Melbourne Cup a tip to back or lay?

And Tufnel what do tip to back or lay.

Let us see if either of these g..... wonders can give us the answer to this.

Time: 6/11/2018 12:00:49 PM

Blog Reply:

I really like that logic Gary. Telling someone they were "damn lucky" a favourite didn't win.

Tell me, if you ever have a bet at the races and your horse is blocked for a run, do you go back to the bookie and inform him that the horse was unlucky, should have won and ask to be paid out as if the horse has won?

In most races there is a hard luck story. An astute layer, such as Khap, may well have noticed and taken account of the horse's barrier and believed it would get an impeded run and layed it accordingly.

I imagine Tufnel, L. Rex and yourself will all announce your various successes after the race is over.

Page 2 of 2

Go to Page: 21.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.