[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - A Different Slant

A Different Slant

Order by Date Ascending

Racing and Sports -- Site comments or suggestions
Page 4 of 4

Go to Page: 4321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

It seems that the questions that have been asked for more than a couple of years by both Khap and myself have just left you all completely speechless.

In an attempt to assist the cerebral challenges that most of you seem to be facing, let me put it this way.

Step One: Think for one moment about the following horses; Northerly, Might and Power, Sunline, Kingston Town and Manikato.

Step Two: Now, think about the last 29 races that Winx has contested and won.

Step Three: Tell me just one of the horses that Winx has beaten in any of the 29 straight victories that would have got anywhere near even one of the horses named in Step One.

I think the answers (or lack thereof) will just be the same.

Author: gladys
Subject: A Different Slant

Time: 29/11/2018 11:05:19 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Subject: Re: A Different Slant

Time: 19/12/2018 4:13:12 PM

Blog Reply:

Thank you King. Born here but the progeny of an Irish shuttle stallion and a NZ dam.

Author: theking

Time: 19/12/2018 3:00:35 PM

Blog Reply:

Winx (AUS) 2011

Life Number: AUS01026010 bay mare Date of Birth: 14/09/2011

Microchip Number: 985100010980670 DNA Typed: Y

by Street Cry (IRE) 1997   

from Vegas Showgirl (NZ) 2002    

bred by Fairway Thoroughbreds, NSW   

Source: Official Australian Stud Book Pedigree

Author: Khaptingly

Time: 19/12/2018 6:43:12 AM

Blog Reply:

Correct Gladys. Rex had many believe So You Think was Aussie and boasted about the deeds of a kiwi.

Time: 18/12/2018 6:43:20 AM

Blog Reply:

All this top rated in the World is a load of tripe L.Rex. Even if Winx is the top rated horse in the World, she is not an Aussie.

Her sire was an Irish shuttle stallion and her dam was more than 75% Kiwi. It is a bit like claiming the Bee Gees, Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson are all Aussies.

Time: 18/12/2018 6:33:24 AM

Blog Reply:

Learn how to read without talking L. Rex.

After taking in to account his weight, the distance, the opposition, Humidor was then declared as the top rated horse in the race. It was not a matter of him being a top rated horse in the race, his rating was given after all the criteria was considered, specific to that race.

He finished second last tailed off with no excuse offered.

Author: Rex

Time: 16/12/2018 9:15:23 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

So you reckon Battaash should win Melbourne Cup as he would be the top rated horse in the race, not to mention you make no allowances for any variables or the fact its a freaking handicap.

And to think you dont actually understand how stup1d that statement is. Unbelievable.

Time: 16/12/2018 9:54:11 AM

Blog Reply:

K Dill

Top 6 Aussie horses Winx has beaten. I've also including their top TF and the distance she has beaten them. Im going to make the assumption you understand the significance of that- yes?

Plus Winx beats speed horses over 7F before eventually winning over 10F, which means she's venerable to speed, especially speed bias early on in the prep, but she has the cadence (leg speed) to overcome that.

Her bios are off the charts, but I wont go into that because like most sensible things, youre in denial, so I'd just be wasting my time, well its either that or you actually are too thick to understand simple things like cadence x stride length = speed, combined with hold distance = performance.

Chautauqua       130 (8L)
Happy Clapper    125 (11L)
Criterion        124 (5L)
Le Romain        124 (7L)
Happy Trails     124 (14L)
Black Heart Bart 123 (13L)

I've answered your question - you answer mine. Only seems fair right?

Enable only ever runs over 2400m, thats is where she has built her champion reputation.

List me the 6 best 2400m horses she has beaten from England. And then to make it a tad easier, I won't put all the restraints on that you have, list me the top 6 2400m horses she has beaten from anywhere.

Time: 16/12/2018 9:32:08 AM

Blog Reply:

You answer it L. Rex. Humidor was rated on top in relation to that specific race and it got beaten the length of the straight into second last place.

Ratings are just the opinion of another person speculating. It is not a scientific theory emanating from Harvard.

Time: 16/12/2018 1:12:46 AM

Blog Reply:

Rex

Given Humidor is an import, Hartnell is an import too, what are the best Aussie horses that Winx has defeated? Now that the other 2 have retired who are the best 5 Aussie horses racing in Aussie now. Not then, now. Now that Criterion and Chautauqua have retired.

Can we have your answer to both of the above questions based on your opinion and observations. Don't worry about someone else's ratings, give us your opinion. As an international media identity you should have something to say based on personal opinion.

When you have done those little tasks, then tell us the names of these top raters that someone else has supplied you with.

Time: 15/12/2018 5:22:40 PM

Blog Reply:

K Dill

You're getting yourself all confused again. You asked for the top 5 Aussie horses Winx had beaten. Humidor and Hartnell represent Australia - check the ratings.

And now youre saying Chautauqua and Criterion can't be included even though she has beaten them? Well F me champ - you sure dont mind moving these goal posts all over the joint.

Some aussie horses race overseas? Jesus christ, Hong Kong is full of them. Just last week an aussie bred won the G1 International Sprint and a NZ bred aussie raced claimed the G1 international mile. You might want to have a look at South Africa, too.

Again - lets try this one more time - now that its the end of the year.

Joint top rated 10F horse in the world this year- Aussie

Worlds highest rated miler - NZ bred, Aussie raced

Worlds Top rated 7F horse - Aussie

Worlds Top rated 6F horse - Aussie

And you still cant answer a simple rating related question - or confirm if you believe your mates statement about the top rated horse in the MC should win it if the ratings are credible.

Khappo - you really are a Dill.

Time: 15/12/2018 6:18:23 AM

Blog Reply:

As well as Humidor and Hartnell not being Aussie horses I can reveal that Chautauqua and Criterion have both retired and won't race again. In fact one of these 2 has not raced for over 30 months.

Such great opposition for Winx. In a paddock while she is beating up on duds who may as well be in a paddock.

Time: 15/12/2018 5:54:57 AM

Blog Reply:

No we are not. I am talking about and always have been talking about the pathetic opposition from the Aussie horses racing in Aussie. How Aussie has one horse out of the last 200,000 bred here. These days some race overseas, but this further shows the lack of opposition here.

You can't include imports in a list of Aussie horses, or perhaps you can Rex but you are shooting yourself in the foot. All you are doing is proving how attrocious are the Aussie horses racing in Aussie.

I can understand you naming imports, calling them Aussies, because the Aussies are a pathetic joke.

Humidor and Hartnell are imports, always have been, always will be. Just like dual Flemington Newmarket winner, now what was it's name.

Time: 14/12/2018 3:23:44 PM

Blog Reply:

K Dill,

but we are talking about Australian form and Humidor and Hartnell do all their racing in Australia, botH classified as Australian horses in the ratings!!!!.

Dont worry- I can do more comparatives and provide more horses, its not a hard thing to do when you have a horse who has beaten 11 x 120 plus horses by up to 11 lengths.

Now you answer one simple question.

Whats the better performance over 2000m- beating a 122 horse 6L or beating a 127 horse 2L?

Go to google and get back to me.

Time: 13/12/2018 11:00:17 AM

Blog Reply:

What a ridiculous question Gary.

It is a bit like asking people to justify the standing of Don Bradman, Dawn Fraser or Rod Laver.

If you are really serious with this question I can point you to some really good reading that highlights just how magnificent these horses were in their time. It certainly wouldn't take 12 months to get at least a reply, albeit a stupid one, from their supporters.

Author: Gary Still

Time: 13/12/2018 10:24:33 AM

Blog Reply:

You said recently that Northerly, Sunline, Kingston Town and Might and Power were real champions.

Rex answered your question, now its your turn. Who were the top 5 that the "real champions" beat?

Time: 13/12/2018 9:39:28 AM

Blog Reply:

All Rex is doing is proving our point that Winx has beaten Aussie goats and a few second rate imports. He has also proven that the opposition is dissipating as time goes by, it gets weaker and weaker.

"Australian horses Winx has not just beaten but destroyed (peak TF)

Chautauqua 130
Humidor 126
Happy Clapper 125
Hartnell 125
Criterion 124"

Humidor is/was not an Aussie horse racing in Aussie, never was. Neither is/was Hartnell. Chautauqua is retired and Criterion has been retired for years. Dear oh dear talk about desperation in trying to prove a point.

Author: Fairburn

Time: 12/12/2018 6:18:52 PM

Blog Reply:

"I really believe they are all employed in Canberra as spin doctors. They are genetically incapable of appreciating truth and reason."

I take that partially as a compliment, but where I disagree with you is that I have been able to use truth and reason to make my point.

Author: imaj eel

Time: 12/12/2018 3:04:02 PM

Blog Reply:

Rex, sorry buddy, but I think it's pushing brown stuff uphill trying to have a discussion based on logic with any one of this trio.

I really believe they are all employed in Canberra as spin doctors. They are genetically incapable of appreciating truth and reason.

In the case of Gladys, the Don with the blonde bouffant has put out feelers to see if he/she may want to transfer to the USA as his chief of staff, to teach them how to tell the truth.

Good luck

Author: Fairburn

Time: 12/12/2018 12:59:29 PM

Blog Reply:

"head to head Le Romain on top. Point remains the same, that is doing like for like form is for novices."

As I said Rex the comparison is pointless when you look at their respective form the last twelve months or more, compared to something that happened almost three years ago. Their current ratings tell the same story.

Are you telling me that if they clashed last weekend in the HK Mile, that you would have put more strength on something that happened almost three years ago, than current form?

Time: 12/12/2018 12:16:58 PM

Blog Reply:

Perhaps they can explain why Humidor was rated on top for the 2017 Melbourne Cup?

Page 4 of 4

Go to Page: 4321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.