[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - A Different Slant

A Different Slant

Order by Date Ascending

Racing and Sports -- Site comments or suggestions
Page 5 of 5

Go to Page: 54321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

It seems that the questions that have been asked for more than a couple of years by both Khap and myself have just left you all completely speechless.

In an attempt to assist the cerebral challenges that most of you seem to be facing, let me put it this way.

Step One: Think for one moment about the following horses; Northerly, Might and Power, Sunline, Kingston Town and Manikato.

Step Two: Now, think about the last 29 races that Winx has contested and won.

Step Three: Tell me just one of the horses that Winx has beaten in any of the 29 straight victories that would have got anywhere near even one of the horses named in Step One.

I think the answers (or lack thereof) will just be the same.

Author: gladys
Subject: A Different Slant

Time: 29/11/2018 11:05:19 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: Rex
Subject: Re: A Different Slant

Time: 25/12/2018 7:17:09 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

Supply your proof. Its exactly what you told me to do when you lost that bet which you didn't honour. I did, why shouldn't you?

Bottom line, obviously you dont know how to read ratings. ie- impossible for a horse to be rated the top 2 miler when its never been over 2 miles. May have the peak rating in the race, but then you need to apply that rating accordingly. ie- why I gave the Frankel example.

Plus, although a quality handicap, the Melbourne Cup is still, a freaking handicap, not WFA. Do you understand what that means?

Stup1d comment, I mean really stupid comment and all your trying to do is cover up your mess.

Author: theking

Time: 24/12/2018 10:30:32 AM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, Vegas Showgirl (Winx's dam) is actually 100% NZ dopey.

Reference Australian Studbook.

Time: 24/12/2018 8:37:57 AM

Blog Reply:

Have a look at the articles written on 6th November 2017, L. Rex.

Time: 23/12/2018 9:58:11 PM

Blog Reply:

What was on this web site Bop Bag?

Show me one piece of evidence that shows that Humidor was the top rated 2 miler going into the Melbourne Cup.

Time: 23/12/2018 9:29:32 AM

Blog Reply:

It was on this website.

Time: 22/12/2018 11:46:43 PM

Blog Reply:

Provide proof Bop Bag.

I want to see what you actually classify as a ratings system and what system has a non 2 miler as the top rated 2 miler in a 2 mile race!!!

Author: gladys: Re: A Different Slant Time: 18/12/2018 6:33:24 AM

Learn how to read without talking L. Rex.

After taking in to account his weight, the distance, the opposition, Humidor was then declared as the top rated horse in the race. It was not a matter of him being a top rated horse in the race, his rating was given after all the criteria was considered, specific to that race.

He finished second last tailed off with no excuse offered.

Time: 22/12/2018 10:23:02 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, In reference to WINX you wrote:

"Her sire was an Irish shuttle stallion and her dam was more than 75% Kiwi."

I am unsure how you could possibly insist that "her dam was more than 75% Kiwi." Obviously maths is not your strong point.

In reference to Winx's dam Vegas Showgirl the following apply:

Her 2 parents were both Aus bred horses.

Her 4 grandparents were 2 USA, 1 Ire, & 1 NZ bred horses.

Her 8 great grandparents were 3 USA, 2 GB, 1 Can, 1 Ire, & 1 NZ bred horses.

Her 16 great, great grandparents were 7 USA, 1 Can, 6 GB, 1 Ire & 1 NZ bred horses.

How in the hell can that possibly equate to "her dam was more than 75% Kiwi." It would seem that you are an even bigger dill than I thought you were.

Feel free to attempt to justify your "her dam was more than 75% Kiwi." statement if you can, oh wise one.

Time: 21/12/2018 6:09:53 PM

Blog Reply:

Listen here Goosey Gladys, if it was intended by me as a quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln then it would have been set in "INVERTED COMMAS" and his name would have been stated at the end of the said quote.

Any sixth class kid would know this basic rule of English grammar. But apparently you were either NOT listening that day or perhaps you were out in the playground screeching out your spiteful I don't care what you think line.

No Gladys it was not intended as a quote hence no inverted commas and my reference to the CLASSICS and my wording was simply an attempt at MIRTH which apparently seems to have been way above your head.

I was simply TRYING to be a funny little banana!

Time: 21/12/2018 9:01:43 AM

Blog Reply:

Dear King, if you are going to try and quote things in capital letters to try and sound intelligent, please quote correctly and name the correct source.

The quote is "You can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but not all of the people all of the time."

This quote is not in any classics, it is attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

You are a funny little banana!

Time: 20/12/2018 7:58:25 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, So this is you retort. "I could not care less what you think."

Absolutely PATHETIC, how very childish of you! Gladys we already know that you don't care what other people think.

Particularly when you have been made a goose of yet again (like your NON naming of your hypothetical Everest winner). Yes Gladys you have been made a goose of yet again.

Like a small bratty child in the playground who is losing an argument you say: "I could not care less what you think."

Yeah we all know that, correct me if I am wrong here but it would seem that you only actually care about "THE WORLD ACCORDING TO Gladys" But here's the thing Gladys its NOT actually about what you think Gladys. No its more about what the general public think about you displaying just what a PATHETIC FOOL you are. You have got nothing Gladys, hence your childish retort. You played your "you are all fools card" but it did not work.

Obviously you are guilty of underestimating the intelligence of the general populace of this forum on here with your lame attempts to convince them of your inept opinions.

LIKE THEY SAY IN THE CLASSICS Gladys, YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME BUT NOT ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME.

Time: 20/12/2018 4:15:26 PM

Blog Reply:

I really think you need to employ a manager for yourself. King.

I could not care less what you think.

Time: 20/12/2018 2:52:03 PM

Blog Reply:

Yeah a Different Slant alright. Come on everybody, using Gladys' logic a horse like TODMAN is not an Australian horse at all. Looks like we all need to be re-educated to think along the lines of the world according to Gladys.

According to Gladys' illogical thinking, TODMAN was NOT an Aus horse after all, he was an Irish horse because both his parents were Irish. How could we have had it so wrong for so long? Oh what fools us mortals be!

Gladys, I suggest that you petition the Australian Stud Book and tell them how they have got it all wrong.

Good luck with that one Dopey!

Time: 20/12/2018 12:28:14 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, anyone would sound clever compared to you.

You are a HYPOCRITE! Sorry Gladys but you have got yourself all muddled up on this one ie. WINX not being Aus bred. Come on Gladys you cant have it both ways.

You say that Winx's dam (Vegas Showgirl)is a NZ bred mare and I agree BUT Vegas Showgirl's parents are both Aus bred horses but she (VS) was born in NZ making her a NZ bred mare.

But when you come to WINX who was born and bred in AUS you CONTRADICT your own inane, inept logic in declaring that WINX is NOT an Aus horse. I reiterate, if it is good enough for you to accept that Vegas Showgirl born in NZ from AUS parents is a NZ mare, then how can you possibly, with any logical thought pattern, declare that WINX is NOT Aus born & bred?

So what if her father was born in Ire & her mum in NZ? She is Aus bred in the same fashion that Vegas Showgirl is NZ bred even though both her parents are Aus bred.

Gladys you are a massive HYPOCRITE and your illogical thought patterns are the opitome of CONTRADICTION of yourself. It would appear that one side of your brain is CONTRADICTING the other.

I have now had advice from the King's physician on this matter and I now declare (once again) that you are in fact a 5citzo!d.

Time: 20/12/2018 9:06:09 AM

Blog Reply:

I am not interested in playing your silly games of semantics King.

Have a look at the breeding and my comments earlier that she was 75% Kiwi.

Are you claiming her as an Australian horse bred from a purely Australian blood line or are you just trying to sound clever?

Give up on both counts as you will fail.

Time: 19/12/2018 10:39:07 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, you said: "but the progeny of an Irish shuttle stallion and a NZ dam."

Please explain as to why you are insisting that Vegas Showgirl is a NZ mare? What LOGIC, if any, are you using to support this view?

Time: 19/12/2018 4:13:12 PM

Blog Reply:

Thank you King. Born here but the progeny of an Irish shuttle stallion and a NZ dam.

Time: 19/12/2018 3:00:35 PM

Blog Reply:

Winx (AUS) 2011

Life Number: AUS01026010 bay mare Date of Birth: 14/09/2011

Microchip Number: 985100010980670 DNA Typed: Y

by Street Cry (IRE) 1997   

from Vegas Showgirl (NZ) 2002    

bred by Fairway Thoroughbreds, NSW   

Source: Official Australian Stud Book Pedigree

Author: Khaptingly

Time: 19/12/2018 6:43:12 AM

Blog Reply:

Correct Gladys. Rex had many believe So You Think was Aussie and boasted about the deeds of a kiwi.

Time: 18/12/2018 6:43:20 AM

Blog Reply:

All this top rated in the World is a load of tripe L.Rex. Even if Winx is the top rated horse in the World, she is not an Aussie.

Her sire was an Irish shuttle stallion and her dam was more than 75% Kiwi. It is a bit like claiming the Bee Gees, Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson are all Aussies.

Time: 18/12/2018 6:33:24 AM

Blog Reply:

Learn how to read without talking L. Rex.

After taking in to account his weight, the distance, the opposition, Humidor was then declared as the top rated horse in the race. It was not a matter of him being a top rated horse in the race, his rating was given after all the criteria was considered, specific to that race.

He finished second last tailed off with no excuse offered.

Page 5 of 5

Go to Page: 54321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.