[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - 2018 Villiers - what a disgrace

2018 Villiers - what a disgrace

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 3 of 3

Go to Page: 321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

Have you seen the field for the above race? Don't rush. Perhaps go shopping instead.

What a disgraceful field for a Group 2. Group 2 is one level from the top, who would have thought. One horse has won $2.2M with 90% of that back in the past in it's homeland. The rest can't get beyond around $40K on average. I tell you what, I won't do it all for you, and Rex won't give you the winner by the ratings, half these wouldn't have one, so you analyse the full field, you might learn something and learn what an ordinary event it is. Keep in mind we keep hearing what fantastic prizemoney is on offer in Aussie yet a Group 2 draws a field like this.

What a disgrace.

Author: Khaptingly
Subject: 2018 Villiers - what a disgrace

Time: 15/12/2018 6:58:12 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: Rex
Subject: Re: 2018 Villiers - what a disgrace

Time: 7/1/2019 6:30:12 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

Seemingly You have no interest in anything other than being a troll. Thats one hell of a life champ- living the dream.

Author: gladys

Time: 7/1/2019 11:14:41 AM

Blog Reply:

L. Rex.

I have no regard or interest in your diatribe, so save it for Team Dunderhead.

Time: 7/1/2019 2:48:39 AM

Blog Reply:

The article bases the selection on the following.

- class
- WFA form
- historical form
- historical comparatives
- statistics

It also raised questions regarding;
- wayward behaviour
- unproven at the trip

It was a selection, nothing more nothing less. Just like K Dill telling us all to lay this years Melbourne Cup winner Cross Counter, was also a selection.

But getting back to your original assertions that the ratings had Humidor the highest rated horse in the 2017 Melbourne Cup and there fore should be scoffed at is plainly wrong.

Its. 3200m Handicap. The horse didn't have a 3200m rating next to his name. The horse had a peak rating based on performances well below 3200m. And again- its. a freaking handicap. Jesus wept, why do you not understand that?

Let this one go Bop Bag, the more you scramble the more clueless you look.

Time: 6/1/2019 8:46:30 AM

Blog Reply:

L. Rex.

Read the article, the selection was based on ratings, in other words, just another opinion.

Time: 5/1/2019 9:33:06 PM

Blog Reply:

So we have finally got to read this article after Neutral was kind enough to locate and post.

Where does the writer say he is tipping up Humidor based on him being the horse with the highest peak rating in the race?

He doesn't. So thats the end of that.

Where does he say he is the highest rated 3200m horse in the race?

He doesn't. Exact words from the author; "Humidor is unproven at 3200m" So thats the end of that.

The article once again highlights how little you know Bop Bag. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Its simply a losing selection given, albeit with plenty of quantification. They happen, just ask K Dill, or even yourself (according to the Christmas thread).

Neutral,

Adjusted TF ratings are adjusted for weight carried below TF WFA scale, which is 10 stone for older horses.

Time: 5/1/2019 9:25:18 AM

Blog Reply:

Not at all, read the article and the selection.

I was also offered an opportunity for post graduate studies overseas. If I am so wrong why do my posts keep getting so heavily edited.

Author: Mantank

Time: 4/1/2019 9:52:33 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, you are hopelessly wrong with this. Admit defeat and save some of that ugly face.

As for questioning, mocking and disbelieving the credentials of those making such ratings... oh dear... flat on your face again. Even after Rex gave you such a crisp clue. Goose.

Time: 4/1/2019 9:32:49 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

you're the one referring to this article to try and support your ridiculous statement.

you're the one who told me to read it.

So put it out here, lets read it.

Put up or shut up.

Author: Neutral

Time: 4/1/2019 7:49:16 PM

Blog Reply:

FFS, I believe this is the article Gladys is referring to but doesn’t understand:

https://www.racingandsports.com.au/en/racing/timeform-preview-2017-melbourne-cup-story-425729

Rex: all you have to do is tell us what the “adjusted” Timeform rating for the cup alludes to.

Time: 4/1/2019 1:24:44 PM

Blog Reply:

I am not your servant, L. Rex. I have given you the site.

Time: 4/1/2019 9:58:18 AM

Blog Reply:

No you haven't. Post it on here, we can all then read it.

Time: 4/1/2019 9:20:26 AM

Blog Reply:

Read it, I have given it to you.

Time: 3/1/2019 9:28:26 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

careful, remember what happened the last time you questioned my honesty- and you still haven't paid your debt to me. Why not?

As for the person I refer to, chances are he's reading this. You claim to be so bright, do the math on that one.

Please provide this article. Im happy to read it. Then Ill explain where you've gone wrong- again.

Time: 3/1/2019 9:34:18 AM

Blog Reply:

Of course you do, L. Rex.

What is this person's name and what were the qualifications he held for Harvard to offer him a position. Perhaps it was you and you are just to modest to say.

How are you going with that article I referred you to. If someone has been kind enough to read it to you I would like to hear your thoughts.

Time: 2/1/2019 10:02:15 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

poor attempt at trying to deflect from the fact you dont understand ratings and how they work.

The word is collaborate.

Its means to work together, join up, unite etc etc. Go and look it up.

Not only do you know nothing about ratings, you havent a clue how they are put together.

Glad you asked about the level of intelligence of these ratings ppl you mock.

I do know a certain ratings expert who knocked back a place at Harvard to go pro punting and build a hugely successful racing related company.

Think those qualifications are far more impressive than someone who finds it difficult to believe that racing people talk to each other, then goes and embarrasses himself by making bets he loses and doesnt pay up on.

Your ignorance knows no bounds

Time: 2/1/2019 8:06:12 PM

Blog Reply:

Sorry L. Rex, I thought the word was "collated" but I accept your great knowledge of the English language.

I imagine with all this scientific analysis the people that produce ratings must all be eminent mathematicians and quantum physicists, probably trained at either the Sorbonne, Harvard, Oxford or Cambridge. I mean, the analysis of millions of pieces of data is not for the average punter.

So humour me L. Rex. Tell me what are their scientific or mathematical qualifications? Do they also work for NASA? Are you one of them?

Do you rely on their mathematical and scientific
analysis when you publish your Honkers selections?

Have you found someone to read the article to you as yet? You seem to have gone a bit silent on it.

Time: 2/1/2019 6:40:22 PM

Blog Reply:

You dont know what 'collaborated' means?

No wonder you dont understand ratings!

Time: 1/1/2019 6:52:48 AM

Blog Reply:

What do you mean it has been "collaborated" L. Rex.

Are there enemy agents involved?

Time: 31/12/2018 8:33:18 PM

Blog Reply:

And Bop Bag,

Ratings are far more than an opinion, they are scientific opinion. They are also the standard metric used to measure horse performance all around the world. They are based on extensive research that has been collaborated and supported by literally millions of pieces of data that has been collected over a long period of time.

An opinion is someone telling us the world is flat.

A scientific opinion is someone telling us its round.

Are you understanding the difference here?

Time: 31/12/2018 8:03:51 PM

Blog Reply:

The author of the article stated that the top rated horse means it is the horse to beat every time, even in a handicap?

Maybe I better read this article after all.

Page 3 of 3

Go to Page: 321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.