[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Australian racing a disgrace

Australian racing a disgrace

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 1 of 1

Original Blog Post:

And you would only have to keep up with the news during the last year to come to this conclusion, unless you have a distorted opinion, forgiving nature or biased view.

Author: Khaptingly
Subject: Australian racing a disgrace

Time: 31/1/2019 6:33:12 PM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: Rex
Subject: Re: Australian racing a disgrace

Time: 13/2/2019 7:30:11 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

you reckon do you? You obviously have nothing to do with the industry. Clueless.

Author: gladys

Time: 13/2/2019 7:49:40 AM

Blog Reply:

Well. who are the good guys?

A fortnight ago, the bloke who has just been punted would have been king of the good guys.

Author: nigeltufnel

Time: 12/2/2019 9:59:57 PM

Blog Reply:

The lack of logic on this thread (not from everyone, mind you) staggers me.

Isn’t it a good thing a cheat has been caught and banished?

Doesn’t the fact that the non-cheats now have more races to win mean more is available for the good guys?

.....and I say this without a lot of invective despite the fact that Latrobe getting beaten in the McKinnon did me out of quite a tidy sum.

N.T.

Time: 12/2/2019 9:13:30 AM

Blog Reply:

Do you remember that Genesis album from the late seventies when Phil Collins took over as lead singer following Peter Gabriel's departure?

From memory it was called "And Then There Were Three"

Watch this unravel.

Time: 11/2/2019 8:06:17 PM

Blog Reply:

There are four very worried people.

You read it here first.

Time: 2/2/2019 8:48:16 AM

Blog Reply:

This has got miles to go. If the allegations are true, then someone had to ride the horse(s) and someone was betting on them.

I think there might be a few worried people.

Time: 2/2/2019 7:42:45 AM

Blog Reply:

K Dill,

we had a trainer have a horse return a positive to cocaine recently over here.

We have had trainers return a positive to cobalt recently.

We have had several with horses who have returned positives for steroids.

Last year we had one return a positive to a blocking drug.

We have had several jockeys and trainers rubbed out for pulling horses and up

Both Fallon and Dettorri have served suspensions for cocaine use.

Just because you dont know about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Australian stewards are far more proactive and have far more power than those here in Europe. Australia hands out far tougher penalties for absolutely everything from race interference to illegal substances.

What do I think?
All cheats should be dealt with accordingly, no matter where they come from.

Time: 1/2/2019 10:27:02 PM

Blog Reply:

So Rex what are your views on Aussie racing with regards to the horrible mess it is in now? How does it compare with other countries with regards to these types of matters in light of the suspensions, disqualifications, arrests and charges during the last 12 months?

Don't worry about Gladys and I all the time, actually prove yourself and discuss an issue. Any imbecile can talk about others in the room.

Time: 1/2/2019 8:24:34 PM

Blog Reply:

Promise to leave? As if, this is a bloke who made a bet promising to leave the forum forever if he lost. He lost, still here.

Talks up integrity, but this self confessed forum troll has zero integrity.

Time: 1/2/2019 9:50:20 AM

Blog Reply:

Thank you for your kind response, Gary. I recall you made the same comment when you belittled my prediction that Winx would not be going overseas.

I can understand why you dismiss my comments as you have a vested interest in racing surviving.

Leaving all present happenings to one side as they are just allegations, the most alarming aspects of what has been happening to racing over the last couple of years is not just what has been alleged, but where these things are alleged to have happened.

It was once popular opinion that the nefarious acts happened down the chain by small time operators and trainers trying to compete with the large operations. Now, the allegations and the findings in some of the recent cases, illustrate it is the upper level where the action is taking place. Think cobalt, Aquinita et al. If these things are happening at the top of the chain, what might be happening down further.

One of the greatest sources of information regarding a horse's chances in a race always came from the "little people". The ones that strapped, groomed, transported or rode trackwork. They knew when a horse was "on song" as well as when a horse was "off his feed" or not happy. They swapped information with similar employees of other stables and they were generally a shrewd and profitable group of punters. The press of yesterday also were aware of this source.

There is always stable gossip and inter stable talk. Good media representatives pick up on this and follow it through. It protects the public and the integrity of racing.

What do we have today. Interviews with the wife and three year old daughter of the jockey. When this has been done to death we all then have group sobbing and unbridled adulation of one horse.

If only we had a Bert Lillye or Keith Robbins instead of these sobbing sycophants, racing would be much more appreciated and respected than the basket case it is now becoming.

Time: 1/2/2019 4:55:50 AM

Blog Reply:

I have no doubt that racing in Aussie will be vastly different in a decade or so, with at least a couple of states having closed down. Within 50 years it will be all over. It wouldn't bother too many people by then.

Why should anyone leave the forum if they are wrong? Why should anyone leave if someone else tells them too if they are wrong? Those that don't provide opinion on topics and only wish to talk about other contributors should be barred.

Author: Gary Still

Time: 31/1/2019 9:55:38 PM

Blog Reply:

And if racing as we know it, survives your doomsday prediction, will you promise to leave?

Time: 31/1/2019 7:56:55 PM

Blog Reply:

I was taken to task by Team Dunderhead and their spiritual leader and the Grand Wizard when twelve months ago I stated that racing as we know it will cease to exist in ten years.

I was hopelessly wrong. Make that about two years.

This latest will make the trots look like a growth industry.

If the media spent less time gushing over what one horse had for breakfast and followed up on the talk from various stables then things may well have been different.

Page 1 of 1

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.