[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Weir charges

Weir charges

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 1 of 1

Original Blog Post:

One of the biggest racing stories for a long time and not a comment on the forum.
I have to wonder how many of the Weir staff will end up implicated in this saga. One has to assume that many staff were involved in the use of the jiggers and jockeys had to have known of the training method. As yet no-one appears to be talking but that may be why the charges of refusing to co-operate with stewards may have been laid.

Author: larch
Subject: Weir charges

Time: 3/2/2019 12:58:11 PM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: lostclarity
Subject: Re: Weir charges

Time: 15/2/2019 5:53:10 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, Why on earth would you end up arguing with Tufnel. He refuses to ever budge from a position, and often ends up telling you how good he is.

Author: lostclarity

Time: 15/2/2019 11:58:20 AM

Blog Reply:

I’m glad he is out of the picture. It was tiring to stack a leg which Weir had gang-tackled just in case his roughie toppled the evens favourite he had spruiked to the 927 panel in the morning.

Author: nigeltufnel

Time: 14/2/2019 6:47:44 PM

Blog Reply:

‘There is nothing interesting about that opinion poll’.

That’s your opinion.

For whatever that’s worth.

Author: gladys

Time: 13/2/2019 10:05:11 AM

Blog Reply:

There is nothing interesting about that poll, Tufnel. It is just a comparison between two industries in crisis.

A more relevant question would have been as to how many people thought horse racing was above board.

Do you think 57% would have voted in the affirmative?

Author: nigeltufnel

Time: 12/2/2019 10:06:14 PM

Blog Reply:

Interesting radio poll in Melbourne during the Weir hearings, with the report by Royal Commission into Banking & Superannuation having been released just days before.

Listeners were asked ‘Which do you trust more: Horse Racing or the Banks?’

57% said Horse Racing.

N.T.

Time: 6/2/2019 12:46:12 PM

Blog Reply:

I think the majority of the public could not care less about horse racing. I think the general view is that racing is subject to betting and therefore untoward things such as horse's form reversal, suspect rides and long priced stable mates winning against a more fancied runner is just the norm. I doubt if more than 5% of the general public take more than a passing interest in horse racing.

What is different here is the suggestion of animal cruelty. All of a sudden the vast majority of the public take a very passionate view and this is where the major problems will have their genesis.

There are still ongoing police investigations, both federal and state. This will unravel big time.

Author: Hands N Heels

Time: 6/2/2019 9:42:16 AM

Blog Reply:

Storm in a teacup, nothing new here. Big Philou, Fine Cotton, the Jockey Tapes etc. etc. blah blah blah... in essence nothing will change, people will still go to the races, people will still own horses, people will still bet on racing and people will still be fascinated by it. You're kidding yourself if you think this spell's anything remotely resembling the end of racing. Racing will endure, always has always will.

Author: Rex

Time: 6/2/2019 8:27:25 AM

Blog Reply:

No Bop Bag

its immature little trolls with attitudes like this one you showed when sending messages to other forum user that ruin the forum.

"Anyhow, back to the stirring. Hope you back a few winners and keep up the cracking slings at me. Regards Gladys"

Time: 5/2/2019 8:29:21 PM

Blog Reply:

It is only the tip of the iceberg. It is going to go pear shaped big time in Victorian racing.

This will then impact on the other states.

It was only stumbled upon whilst something else caused the initial interest.

If you want to know why the interest is down on this forum it is quite clear. Unless you burst into tears and acknowledge Winx as the greatest horse since Godolphin and that someone's ratings are infallible, then you are moderated out of the forum.

Author: Rex

Time: 5/2/2019 7:48:45 PM

Blog Reply:

In all fairness lads this forum has been around for a long time and in that time social media has gone through the roof, thus there was always going to be a huge impact on the traffic flow on the R&S site.

It doesn't help that you have K Dill, who for 20 plus years has proclaimed to be the greatest layer of all time and that all things Australian are a disgrace, or a Bop Bag trolling and carrying on the way he does.

Its easy enough not to engage with these clowns if you don't want to, however it puts users off submitting or contributing to the forum at the risk of the thread being hijacked, and that to has a negative impact on quality traffic flow.

Author: Gary Still

Time: 5/2/2019 9:07:43 AM

Blog Reply:

Agreed Tod.

The I.T guys have created a great facility, but the huge exodus, occasional moderation lag and the existence of other Australian racing forums, makes this forum pale to insignificance.

Lets not lament. It served its purpose and provided great entertainment in its heyday. Lets celebrate the fact that we can enjoy other forums (with freedom of speech) and that the archives of this once great forum can be retrieved at any time.

Author: Todman

Time: 4/2/2019 7:35:40 PM

Blog Reply:

Unfortunately, this forum is no longer 1st choice or even 2nd or 3rd choice, to respond to or debate on the DW saga. Apart from the huge time lag for moderation, the reading audience is low

Author: larch

Time: 4/2/2019 1:42:05 PM

Blog Reply:

You have to wonder how many owners ere stung and how many got the inside information. Many a time a weir runner ran poorly whilst another, not quite as well fancied would win.

I have stopped backing horses in races where Weir (and Waller too) have several runners. The results are often different to the obvious, or more fancied result.

Author: Richard III

Time: 4/2/2019 1:10:18 PM

Blog Reply:

Since I'm not a participant (other than a small time mug punter) not sure if my view is worth that much, but will give it a shot
T
1. Other than the safety of those directly participating the 2 biggest concerns for the industry is the integrity of the competition and welfare of the horses... So with that I applaud the sting here and hopefully this improves the industry

Any industry that involves animals will have to continually justify that it is acting in their best interests so anything routinely used that appears to against the horses best interest needs to be eliminated totally

With that did the trainers employ these devices either

A) because they deliberately wanted to gain an advantage over the other trainers or;

B) they felt that they had to because in the ranks it's a common practice and if they don't they are at a disadvantage

I hope we find out the truth

Author: Joep9275

Time: 4/2/2019 9:03:25 AM

Blog Reply:

I am astonished at the lack of comments also.

I am a breeder who sells and also races some horses. It has been obvious for at least 3 years that things are fishy. I wonder if Racing Victoria will refund my money spent on training fees.

This is just a farce and the industry is going to suffer with a loss of confidence from the horse owners.

Page 1 of 1

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.