[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Just how good is this field

Just how good is this field

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 1 of 1

Original Blog Post:

I am surprised that there has not yet been a posting, on the depth in the Newmarket. A 22 horse field, and at least a dozen strong chances.

Voodoo Lad and Miss Rock are at $71, and probably at right odds.

With 22 starters, the whole track is likely to be used, and hopefully, track bias will not play a part.

I think that the five 3 year olds, will be the key.

Author: Todman
Subject: Just how good is this field

Time: 8/3/2019 10:43:50 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: lostclarity
Subject: Re: Just how good is this field

Time: 10/3/2019 9:51:19 AM

Blog Reply:

Santa Ana Lane it is and it was was outgunned. To his credit... No, what am I saying, there isn't any.

He shows up if he wins otherwise, it's the bottle and we get a reprieve.

Those who hate to be wrong push into Monday morning punting until that too becomes embarrassing.   

Author: Fairburn

Time: 9/3/2019 1:45:52 PM

Blog Reply:

Is Nige going to tell us before the race if he is going to back SAL or as per usual is he going to boast after the race if it wins.

Author: Todman

Time: 9/3/2019 8:30:38 AM

Blog Reply:

Many years ago, I dismissed the chances of a horse in the spring equivalent of the Newmarket, the Craven A Stakes, because I thought that the race would be run in a time around 1 min 8 secs, and I did not think that Planet Ruler could run that fast. He did and he won the race again the next year.

This brings me to this years Newmarket. There is abundant speed in the race, especially out wide. If they break 1.08, which horses are most likely to do it? I reckon there are quite a few incapable of doing it, but a lesson learnt, prevents me from being certain.

Author: Khaptingly

Time: 9/3/2019 2:56:08 AM

Blog Reply:

Just how good is this field? Not much good, the majority. A big field, yes, but a quite a few goats running.

Author: lostclarity

Time: 8/3/2019 10:18:26 PM

Blog Reply:

The best lead-in guide is the Lightning; the best run in the Lightning was Osborne Bulls.

It's a big field, not a great field.

I don't see a horse concern.

Author: maccamax

Time: 8/3/2019 8:42:05 PM

Blog Reply:

They don't come more even than this.

Can Osborne Bulls put all doubts to rest?

Author: Ramses

Time: 8/3/2019 4:01:30 PM

Blog Reply:

Couldn't agree more, a nightmare for doing the form. Not many you can say are no chance. I think Eduardo might stamp himself as a very good horse here. A great day of racing.

Page 1 of 1

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.