[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Winx vs Northerly

Winx vs Northerly

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 5 of 5

Go to Page: 54321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

WFA, 2000m.

Who wins?

Author: MediaCentral
Subject: Winx vs Northerly

Time: 11/3/2019 8:59:52 PM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: theking
Subject: Re: Winx vs Northerly

Time: 1/4/2019 12:44:30 PM

Blog Reply:

April 1st???
Hey isn't this day now better known as April Glady's day?

Author: gladys

Time: 31/3/2019 3:00:25 PM

Blog Reply:

Why don't you put down the Australian Stud Book or whatever you read Theklown and visit your local library and read Basic Maths for the Cerebrally Challenged.

I know it will be a struggle but you might learn something.

Time: 31/3/2019 2:23:49 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys,

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Like laying Winx over and over again and expecting a different result. Why would you have EVER contemplated laying Winx, if you insisted time and time again, that she had nothing to beat?

I reiterate, you are one very confused bod and the epitome of CONTRADICTION. What a dope!

Author: Rex

Time: 30/3/2019 6:36:39 PM

Blog Reply:

Jezus wept- you two are clueless.

You haven't a iota what youre talking about.

Is it a ranking, a rating or something else? How is it applied? What does it mean?

Ill give you a clue- it aint freaking Countdown, you dunderhead.

The really funny thing is, neither of you realise just how stup1d youre making yourself sound talking about this.

Author: Khaptingly

Time: 30/3/2019 6:22:13 PM

Blog Reply:

Id!ot. I don't think so. I told you all when to lay Avilius. I was the only one to name it as a lay. I was the only one not to tip it.

Bang your head against the nearest wall.

Author: Gary Still

Time: 30/3/2019 6:01:49 PM

Blog Reply:

You two are id!ots!!

Time: 30/3/2019 11:49:52 AM

Blog Reply:

Gary and The Parrot both love to quote their ratings, Khap.

When they have no evidence to support their claims or when get hammered on their obsessions, out come their ratings.

I think they believe that the ratings came down from Mt Sinai, written on stone tablets, about 3,000 years ago.

Time: 30/3/2019 4:45:54 AM

Blog Reply:

We will all wait for your ravings Rex on your pet subject, the ratings.

3 horses are rated 125 in the latest world ratings. These 3 horses are ranked equal first. Not rocket science or perhaps it is for some. What a blow to many.

Time: 30/3/2019 4:24:33 AM

Blog Reply:

Winx is ranked first with two others, enough said. A triple dead heat if you like, no winners there. And Aussies are boasting she is the best ever. Wonder what they are saying around the other two.

Time: 30/3/2019 1:00:06 AM

Blog Reply:

K Dill

I thought Bop Bag was clueless when it came to ratings. Go back and re-read your last posting. When you have, explain to all of us why you are confusing Ratings with Rankings (insert head in hands shaking head with total disbelief).

How can you come into a racing forum for 20 plus years and still be so clueless? Takes some doing that.

Time: 29/3/2019 7:36:35 PM

Blog Reply:

Winx vs Northerly WFA 2000m.

There is NO comparison between these two horses. To put it bluntly Northerly was beaten far too many times during his career.

Northerly was beaten in 18 of his 37 starts (49%) by 16 different horses.

He was beaten 8/16 times by horses that NEVER EVER went on to win a Group one race in their entire racing careers (50%).

Four out of the 16 horses that beat Northerly NEVER EVER won a Stakes race in their entire racing careers.

Northerly was fine when beating up on the little kids, but became a shrinking violet far too many times when beaten by some pretty unheralded horses.

Time: 29/3/2019 12:10:48 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

for the record, 9.6 would still be considered world class even if wind assisted.

I understand you being dirty on ratings Bop Bag, every time you try and refer to them you you firetruck it up (Moonlight Cloud 118- jesus wept).

Clueless, amusing, but clueless

Time: 29/3/2019 6:54:30 AM

Blog Reply:

Winx is the most overrated horse we have ever seen in Aussie. She is the best of this decade in Aussie but that means little.

For all the boasting and hype we are hearing day after day, she does not even hold the position of the world's current best racehorse on her own. In fact she does not share it with one other. She shares it with two others. This is fact, she shares top ranking with two others. Although she has never met those other horses the rankings have been compiled and don't forget Rex tells us regularly that ratings are to be believed and indicates to us the quality and standing of a horse.

Poor little Aussies they can only see, hear and believe in what performs in their own back yard. Winx beating up on the same feeble opposition, start after start and they get the false illusion of her being a wonder horse. I suppose given their is nothing else to get excited about a string of wins gets them excited regardless of the ordinary beaten brigade.

The world rankings might have these sheep take a reality check.

Time: 28/3/2019 6:35:07 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, You NOW say: "Best of her era, better than anything she has beaten, best horse in Oz for the last three years"

This is now an absolute admission that you were the biggest dill ever on here due to your constant advice that the GREAT MARE should be laid time after time. Egg on your face again Dopey!

Perhaps you could explain to us just why you thought her worthy of laying. Oh I can probably answer my own question "the opposition was too strong!" And yet you continually tell us that she has never had anything to beat.

You are one very CONFUSED bod and the best way to describe you is that you are the epitome of
C O N T R A D I C T I O N.

Time: 28/3/2019 4:45:53 PM

Blog Reply:

All depends where it was and if it was assisted.

One thing I do know, they don't have ratings instead of competition to determine the Olympic and or World Champion.

I wonder why!

Time: 28/3/2019 11:31:01 AM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

if a runner comes out and runs 9.6 for 100m on their own is it a world class performance?

Not rocket science champ (well for you it probably is)

Time: 28/3/2019 9:34:53 AM

Blog Reply:

Trainers always talk up other horses, Gary. Can you show me one article where a trainer has ever spoken poorly of another trainer's charge. Of course you can't.

When a trainer talks up the opposition he has two benefits. First of all it cover his training methods if his horse is beaten and secondly it builds up his reputation if the opposition horse is subsequently defeated.

Who has Winx defeated since those alleged comments that would make their respective comments even more enthusiastic?

Best of her era, better than anything she has beaten, best horse in Oz for the last three years. Unfortunately, well you know what comes next.

You have to let go of this obsession Gary. She has her last race in two weeks and all you will have left is the videos of her beating HC and a lot of sobbing.

Author: Gary Still

Time: 27/3/2019 7:36:10 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, a few months back you said this;

"if you had David Hayes, Gai Waterhouse and James Cummings together and posed the question (whether any members of their family) ever had a horse that could get near Winx or. Black Caviar. I think the three of them would have too much class to even answer that question, but their individual facial expressions would be priceless."

You obviously have great respect for these three trainers, but unfortunately Gladys, they completely shat on your beliefs. Here is what they actually said –

James Cummings - “We’ll steer him (Hartnell) into races where he’s not chasing home a ghost” (July 10th, 2017 – When Winx had only 17 wins and 2 Cox Plates).

David Hayes - “Dulcify and Better Loosen Up, would fall short of all-conquering Winx (who has a) remarkable ability to put races away "in a matter of metres"...."Under the right conditions Winx is the superior one over Sunline, Dulcify, Better Loosen Up and Kingston Town," (Oct 24th, 2017 – When Winx had only 21 wins and 2 Cox Plates).

Gai Waterhouse - “Winx is so ‘dash good’, she is a remarkable mare,’’ Her record and her numbers (statistics) are mind-boggling. “She is as good as I have seen in Australia, right up there with Kingston Town and Black Caviar.’’ (March 2nd, 2018 – When Winx had only 22 wins and 3 Cox Plates).

If thats what they thought back then, imagine what they think now.

Your illustrious trio of trainers comprehensively disagree with you Gladys. Game, Set, Match.

Time: 26/3/2019 9:09:46 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys, talk about a trap for FOOLS.

Re your: "Why bother I know, but didn't Sunline win two Cox Plates, Theklown?

Of course she did dopey, but that's not what it says re her form listed on this site. The 1999 Cox Plate win is not even listed under her race performances/form.

Gladys you say: "Go back to reading the Australian Stud Book and learn a little bit more before coming on here"

So much for your damning of the Australian Studbook as a reference. I did go back to the Australian Studbook and surprise, surprise what do you think I found? Yes she did in fact win two Cox Plates over 2040m at WFA not over 1200m at WFA as you suggested.

Like I said, talk about a TRAP FOR FOOLS, but I think I also caught a clueless dill in the trap, as well.

So there you have it Sunline only ever won two out of her four starts over 2000m at WFA. How many wins and how many losses has Winx had over 2000m at WFA?

There is no comparison one is a CHAMPION the other was NOT.

Time: 26/3/2019 8:32:34 PM

Blog Reply:

Weakest period ever?

Can you quantify this Bop Bag with actual facts?

Whilst the Australian/NZ bred middle distance pool has lost depth many would suggest that with all these Europeans here now that the middle distance ranks in Australia are as strong as ever.

You had horses in first and second in the Ranvet on the weekend who had G1 and Classic European form lines, form lines around Cracksman and co (just joint top rated racehorse in the world last year).

Again, where are your numbers, your facts, data.........or are you basing your opinion purely on 'the world according to Bop Bag'?

Page 5 of 5

Go to Page: 54321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.