[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Winx vs Northerly

Winx vs Northerly

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 4 of 4

Go to Page: 4321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

WFA, 2000m.

Who wins?

Author: MediaCentral
Subject: Winx vs Northerly

Time: 11/3/2019 8:59:52 PM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: theking
Subject: Re: Winx vs Northerly

Time: 23/3/2019 11:15:22 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys,is that all you have got?

Your latest comment places you on par with the same amount of intelligence which is displayed by a 3rd class kid in the primary school playground.

Perhaps I need to come down to your level to show you what I mean.

Your silly - no your silly - no your even sillier. Gladys is the silliest of the lot.

This is about the standard of your retort Gladys you would fit in well with the other infants kids.

Author: gladys

Time: 23/3/2019 4:49:51 PM

Blog Reply:

I think we would need a deep sea diving bell to find your intellect, Theklown.

Time: 23/3/2019 12:22:58 PM

Blog Reply:

Khap, what a dill you are.

You wrote: Rex has already answered who are the best 5 she has defeated overseas.

When did Winx race overseas? To the best of my knowledge she has done all her racing in Australia. Even a troglodyte living in a cave deep in the bowels of the earth would know that dopey.

Time: 23/3/2019 7:38:30 AM

Blog Reply:

Blah, blah, blah. Name one of them that would get near Sunline. You can't do that so all you have left is personal abuse and ridicule.

Best of her era, better than everything she has beaten, stage managed to ensure an unbeaten run but unfortunately, in the process, has beaten "nuthin'"!

Author: Khaptingly

Time: 23/3/2019 6:15:48 AM

Blog Reply:

Can someone finally please advise myself and others as to who are the best 5 horses that Winx has defeated in Aussie.

Rex has already answered who are the best 5 she has defeated overseas. He said nothing.

It seems everyone wants to bang on about Winx but won't tell us who are the best 5 she has defeated. To me you don't have the courage to give an answer and that is your own problem you need to sort out.

Time: 22/3/2019 11:38:52 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladcyst, you wrote: "The old "Highland Reel Procedure".

"Find something a horse has done after the event and revert it back to a previous time to give the opposition some credibility."

"give the opposition some credibility."

What the FLIc& you are even dopier than I thought you were? As if Highland Reel didn't have any credibility before racing against Winx? This was his record prior to meeting Winx:

9 starts for 4 wins and 2 seconds including the following wins & placings:

A maiden win by 12 lengths,
One G1 by 5.5 len (Secretariat Stakes - also won by Cox Plate winner, Adelaide)
One G2 by 2.5 len,
One G3 by 1.5 len
One G1 runner up, beaten 1.5 len

Not a bad effort out of his first 9 starts, I say.

I reiterate: As if Highland Reel didn't have any credibility before racing against Winx!

Author: Gary Still

Time: 22/3/2019 11:28:56 PM

Blog Reply:

Find something a horse has done after the event and revert it back (sic) to a previous time to give the opposition some credibility

This may be new to you Gladys, but it's called "franking the form".

Time: 22/3/2019 8:15:14 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys what a hypocrite you are. Its not egg on your face this time its a whole omelette.

You mean like: The old, Old Comrade Procedure".

"Find something a horse has done after the event and revert it back to a previous time to give the opposition some credibility."
Like when Northerly beat Old Comrade but then Old Comrade beat him twice later on?

You say: "You were the one who had a shot at Northerly being beaten but it all blew up in your silly face when it was pointed out just who he came up against and defeated."

I am totally aware of the quality of horses that beat Northerly, but I am equally aware of some of the very ordinary horses that beat him.

Just where was it that it was pointed out to me who he (Northerly) came up against and defeated?

Suck eggs dopey!

Time: 22/3/2019 9:00:30 AM

Blog Reply:

The old "Highland Reel Procedure".

Find something a horse has done after the event and revert it back to a previous time to give the opposition some credibility.

You were the one who had a shot at Northerly being beaten but it all blew up in your silly face when it was pointed out just who he came up against and defeated.

Now instead of your usual bilge, just tell me, who of Winx's opposition to date would have got anywhere near Sunline? Red Excitement, Libran, HC?

Time: 21/3/2019 7:39:37 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys re the horses that Winx has beaten you said:

"Unfortunately the beaten brigade were all duds."

What a goose you are!

Yes you really are living in a very CONFUSED WORLD if you genuinely believe that Highland Reel was a dud as a racehorse. Highland Reel was well beaten by Winx in a Cox Plate.

Wake up to yourself dopey, take a look at his credentials & tell me if you still really believe that he was a dud.

HIGHLAND REEL

Champion Older Horse in Ireland in 2016

(Long). Champion Older Male in Ireland in 2017

(Int.). Joint Champion Older Male in Ireland in 2017 (Long).

World Thoroughbred Ranking:

121 (in 2015)
123 (in 2016)
123 (in 2017).

Author: Rex

Time: 21/3/2019 7:32:57 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

Sunline was a champion, but youre once again speaking nonsense.

Sunline was beaten by Jim And Tonic who rated lower than Highland Reel, the same Highland Reel that Winx destroyed like a B grade seller in the Cox Plate.

Obviously you don't rate twice Arc and Breeders Cup winner Enable, or at least her opposition.

S1lly boy.

Time: 21/3/2019 6:46:57 PM

Blog Reply:

Sorry Gladys I don't agree with you.

I don't think that Chautauqua would have actually performed very well at 2000m WFA.

He was an out & out sprinter dopey!

Time: 21/3/2019 4:27:37 PM

Blog Reply:

I think you already answered this question once before, Theklown. Chautauqua! A sprinter over 1500 metres.

She is a good horse, best of her era and better than everything she has beaten. Unfortunately, the beaten brigade are all duds!

Time: 21/3/2019 12:55:47 PM

Blog Reply:

P

Time: 21/3/2019 12:54:58 PM

Blog Reply:

Poor Gladys, she still does not get it does she?

She does not seem to be able to comprehend or focus upon the fact that this thread is supposed to be about Winx vs Northerly 2000m at WFA. NOT Winx vs Sunline.

Poor Gladys what a very, very CONFUSED WORLD she appears to live in. She has obviously got her horses mixed up yet again just like when she previously wrote: Correction. Black Caviar not Winx.

Gladys how can you possibly get our best ever SPRINTER and our best ever MIDDLE DISTANCE WFA Star mixed up? This is totally unforgivable, even for a greenhorn NOVICE like yourself. Even an eskimo living in an igloo at the North Pole would know more than you do about our most recent AUSTRALIAN CHAMPION RACEHORSES.

In any case I will humour you yet again for the purpose of providing a gift of levity once more at your expense for all on here who love to read your blunders for the entertainment value & mirth that you provide to them.

You wrote: "Who has she beaten that would get near Sunline?"

Answer 1. Don't worry about who she beat, the FACT is that nothing has EVER beaten her at 2000m WFA
(Not even the Irish Champion Highland Reel)

I reiterate you wrote: "Who has she beaten that would get near Sunline?"

Answer 2. DAYLIGHT, DAYLIGH & more DAYLIGHT

Here are the FACTS Dopey: Winx had seven starts at 2000m WFA all G1s. She won seven out of seven 100% by an average winning margin of nearly 4 lengths.

It is an absolutely futile exercise attempting to compare Sunline to Winx at 2000m WFA there is absolutely NO comparison. Winx was well performed at 2000m WFA Sunline was NOT as the following will prove:

Sunline had four starts at 2000m WFA. She won ONLY ONE out of FOUR (25%) by an averaged winning margin / losing margin of nearly one length.

Go back to your comic books Gladys.

Time: 21/3/2019 12:10:15 PM

Blog Reply:

Rex, Some interesting and very valid points you raised in your last post.

We all know that it is an UNDISPUTED FACT that history tells us that due to selective breeding, better nutrition regimes, improved training methods etc.... the thoroughbred continues to evolve as a FASTER & STONGER equine being generation after generation.

Derr, that's why race & course records set by great horses of the past continue to be broken generation after generation.

And of course we all know this to be true or else there would be records still in place set by GREAT horses in the past.

Yes they were GREAT horses in their time but it is a futile exercise to attempt to compare horse of different eras like Dopey Gladys is (however misguidedly) attempting to do.

eg. Sunline vs Winx

I agree with your: "The FACT Who holds the fastest, shall we say 3 times in the race?"

Time: 21/3/2019 8:10:04 AM

Blog Reply:

Who has she beaten that would get near Sunline?

Answer: Big fat nothing. One paced handicappers, stable mates and dud stayers.

Time: 20/3/2019 7:38:23 PM

Blog Reply:

Also curious, Northerly, Sunline and Winx all champions and all multiple winners of the Cox Plate.

Who holds the fastest, shall we say 3 times in the race?

Who holds the highest rating and at what distances?

Time: 20/3/2019 7:31:00 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

is that the same Doncaster that Winx finished 13L + in front of First Seal giving her 8lbs?

The same First Seal you continually tell us was a better horse than Winx because she beat her a few times early on when Winx was running ratings around 30lb less than what she runs now?

Just curious

Time: 20/3/2019 4:07:05 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladbag, You say: "Northerly beat Sunline in two Cox Plates." I say: You have the concentration level of a flea. Isn't this thread about Winx vs Northerly?

Sorry Glabag you seem to be very confused yet again. The last time I checked Winx is NOT Sunline and Sunline is NOT Winx. Hmmm, perhaps you simply got Winx & Sunline mixed up like you did when you got Winx & Black Caviar mixed up on the Black caviar and Winx again thread.

Perhaps? No on second thoughts I am now very certain that you are simply CONFUSED yet again. This is a direct quote of what you said on that thread:
"Correction. Black caviar not Winx." Perhaps you should restrict yourself to only commenting one horse at a time in the future as you don't seem to have the concentration levels to deal with big numbers like two & three or more.

However re your "Northerly beat Sunline in two Cox Plates." comment. I will humour you for the sake of mirth for me and to afford some general entertainment value for the other posters on here who also value you as the resident FLIC& WIT. I say: By the time Sunline, now an aged (6 & 7yo mare) was being beaten by Northerly she was a shadow of her former self over 2000m at WFA. She raced only once over 2000m at WFA as a 6yo and finished second.

Similarly in her only 2000m at WFA as a 7yo she led then gave up like a pricked balloon to finish a pathetic 4th compared to her previous GREATNESS in Cox Plates in what was only a very small field.

So there we have it. It is a fact that Sunline
(IMO now a shadow of her former self) now a 6 & 7yo aged mare lacked her previous ability as she could no longer win a 2000m WFA race anymore. And The FACT is that this once GREAT mare could now only manage to win one race out of four races of any description (25%) as an aged 7yo mare. This once GREAT mare who was pathetically beaten by three other horses in her final Cox Plate was ready for retirement and was justifiably retired soon after. Two starts prior to this dismal fourth in her last Cox Plate she could NOT even win a Group 2 race!

Gladrag, you also said: Northerly won a Caulfield Cup and the following week won the Cox Plate. Again you seem very confused Gladrag. However I am more than happy to educate a poor uneducated novice such as yourself. The Caulfield Cup is actually a 2400m handicap race NOT a 2000m WFA race. It has been a 2400m handicap race, rather than a 2000m WFA race, for a very, very long time. Perhaps you better check with your Mum or somebody else that helps care for you. And by the way I know that you are not very good with big numbers but 2400m is much longer than 2000m.

What the hell is the relevance of bringing up Northerly beating Sunline in a 2400m Handicap race when we are supposed to be debating Winx vs Northerly at WFA over 2000m? Gees Gladbag, Again you seem very, very CONFUSED with all this. Do you actually even know the difference between a Handicap race and a WFA race?

Come on be honest, there is no shame in being an ignorant novice I am happy to explain the different concepts to you provided that you grovel enough to me.

Page 4 of 4

Go to Page: 4321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.