Maguire unloads on NRL referees
The best quotes from South Sydney coach Michael Maguire's extraordinary press conference following his side's NRL loss to Brisbane.
THE BEST QUOTES FROM MICHAEL MAGUIRE'S SPRAY AGAINST THE NRL REFS
* On Anthony Milford's field goal
"Well the Channel Nine commentators saw it and they thought it was a knock-on. I came in here looking to blow up but to be truthfully honest, I don't think that will do anything. They'll just hunt me out for a fine, that's what happens in this situation."
* Again on the alleged Milford knock-on
"Everyone else in this room, did they see that it was or it wasn't? Make a call because I don't want to get charged 10 grand. Could you explain that to all the Souths fans that continually turn up to our ground, that are passionate around our club. We're a building team, with young kids playing. I had Cam Murray go out there who is a Souths junior, absolutely play a great game for us and have to sit in the change room there disappointed because of things like that. Ridiculous."
* On the bunker
"We're spending a lot of money areas in our games, we've got to get them right. Those games change your season. Those two points are what every team is fighting for. We've got a multi-million dollar system in place and everyone in this room saw it."
* On whether Milford should have been allowed to take a penalty goal attempt and was seconds later taken off for a concussion test.
"I'm sure you guys can write about that."
* On the Tautau Moga's try which came after Anthony Milford appeared to be help up in the lead-up
"I thought that when you cross the line and the arm touches the ground, that is actually classed as a tackle but you seem to be able to say 'play on' and let's throw the ball back and score a try."
- ● Happy Valley Selections for 26th April 2017
- ● Neorealism in Sunday’s APQEII Cup affirms Moreira’s rising world status
- ● Moore happy with Queen Mother quartet ahead of G3 feature
- ● Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup Track Work