3 minute read
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Juvenile maidens here with all but three racing for the first time. Those three all raced well though on their respective debuts and will be at the top of the market. (3) SURE WIN will be hot favourite. Having won a trial in early June, she then ran 2nd on debut on June 25th, racing on-pace throughout and registering a good time. A repeat of that performance will make her very hard to beat. The name does sound like tempting fate though so if you want to take on the favourite, (4) KWAEHYANG is the logical choice. He was also close to the speed on debut on June 25th (in a different race), coming home 4th on a decent time. He should have come on for that and be a danger here. (9) NAVY CHROME was 4th behind Sure Win on debut and can also improve here. As for the first timers, (8) SUN DRAGON ran the fastest time in trials and can be considered while (5) RAON THE COBRA ran 2nd in his trial in a fair time and is sure to get plenty of attention.
|Selections||(3) Sure Win (4) Kwaehyang (9) Navy Chrome (8) Sun Dragon|
|Next Best||5, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 9|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
A maiden with ten fillies and one gelding. (4) RAY BOLT comes in off a 2nd and a 4th from her latest two, where she has settled just behind the early speed and then run on. She draws well to so similar today and she could have enough about her to win this. (7) GOLD POWER showed enough on debut to put her among the leading contenders here. She led for much of the way around at this distance on June 25th, ultimately finishing 5th but posting a decent time. She should have improved for that run and may even start as favourite. (10) ZELOS has shown signs in his latest two starts of finally figuring things out with a 2nd and 3rd, both at this distance. He has settled back and ran on both times so the wide draw isn't of concern, and he can maintain his positive run of form. (2) MONEY STONE and (9) ARCH MEMORY others who can place.
|Selections||(4) Ray Bolt (7) Gold Power (10) Zelos (2) Money Stone|
|Next Best||9, 2|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(2) GOLDEN HONOR made a good impression on debut on April 9th when he finished 2nd over this distance. It's taken a while for him to get back to the track, but he looks nicely in here and from a great draw, looks to be the one to beat. (3) PERFECT TIME has the fastest time for this distance among those who have tackled it before. That was recorded when she finished 2nd two starts back on June 5th when she settled back and ran on. Going on that run rather than her latest, she has a chance here. (8) NAEGILUI BYEOL stepped up to this trip on June 26th and ran an improved 3rd. He is another who can sit midfield early and then run on. (6) TRIPLE JOY has hinted at ability across three starts so far and along with (10) PERMISSION TO WIN is another in the frame.
|Selections||(2) Golden Honor (3) Perfect Time (8) Naegilui Byeol (6) Triple Joy|
|Next Best||10, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 6, 10|
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
A maiden with three of the eleven racing for the first time and unusually, we are not going to side with experience this time. That's due to (3) GEUMA PASSIONATE, who showed enough over the course of two trials to suggest he can win first-up. He led in the latest of those and while Group winner Mr. Afleet did cruise past him in the latter stages, there don't appear many candidates among this lot to do that. He can lead all the way. If you prefer to stick with experience, (11) BAEDARI GANGHO could be the one. He comes in off a good 2nd place on June 17th when he overcame the widest gate. That suggests that the same wide draw won't be an issue and he can work home strong again. (8) TEUKGEUP CAMP was a significant improver last start on June 26th when he beat a couple of these on his way to 3rd over this distance. He can match that here. The form drops off a bit after that but (7) SIMPLE KALIX will have backers while (1) LOUD COLOR is another who can improve.
|Selections||(3) Geuma Passionate (11) Baedari Gangho (8) Teukgeup Camp (7) Simple Kalix|
|Next Best||1, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Competitive race for fillies and mares. (1) HWASUBOON perhaps has the edge. She was a winner at class 6 level over this distance three starts back and while he didn't go well over 1300M on her first try at this level in March, she was a decent 5th on her latest appearance back over this trip on June 25th. The draw means she may get a soft run to the lead and that could make the difference. (3) MUSTANG CHARM is still a maiden but comes up in class with two runner-up finishes from her latest three. She comes down in the weights and can sit behind the early speed and run on. (10) HIGH RUNNER beat Mustang Charm on her way to victory over this distance at class 6 level in June. She too can measure up in this company and can be considered. (5) GEOLJAK WOMAN and (11) HWANGGEUM CHEONJI both need their latest starts overlooked but otherwise have form that holds up in this company.
|Selections||(1) Hwasuboon (3) Mustang Charm (10) High Runner (5) Geoljak Woman|
|Next Best||11, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 11|
Busan Race 2: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) QUEEN ALLIE may be yet to break through, but she comes up in class anyway following two runner-up finishes from three starts. At her latest, she overcame gate eleven to sit midfield and then run on well, albeit well beaten by a good winner. She comes down in weight here, draws a good gate and she can win. (7) TWO OF US comes up in class too, in her case following a maiden win at start number four over 1200M on June 26th. She is an on-pace galloper who can be expected to lead here and to be in this a long way. (9) BEST WIND enters off two very solid class and distance performances, finishing 2nd to Named in June and then on July 10th, beating a couple of today's rivals when an on-pace 4th. She remains nicely weighted and surely goes close. (5) SPICE INDIE and (3) JEONGDEUN-RO are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(1) Queen Allie (7) Two Of Us (9) Best Wind (5) Spice Indie|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7, 9|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(10) WORLD CHARM is set to be a strong favourite here. Having run 2nd on debut, he made all for a dominating win over 1200M on his second start on June 26th. He does draw wider than ideal but should have too much speed from the gate to the lead and while up in class, should have too much. (2) MABAWI also comes up in class following his maiden win. That came at start number five back on April 23rd when he led from coast to coast over this distance. He has had fourteen weeks off since but if he brings that form here, he won't be far away. (1) HAPPY SOCKS has a 3rd and a 4th from her latest two outings. She comes down slightly in the weights, draws a good gate and shouldn't be far away. (11) WHITE WING overcame the same gate eleven on July 3rd to get to the lead and run a good 3rd at class and distance. In doing so she registered the fastest time of any of these at the distance and she is a chance here. (5) GORGEOUS SERVE another to consider.
|Selections||(10) World Charm (2) Mabawi (1) Happy Socks (11) White Wing|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||3, 7, 10, 11|
Busan Race 3: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) MAN OF THE MAN is rapidly up in class following a runner-up finish on debut and then two wins, both times making practically all over 1200M. He comes down in the weights, draws well and should be making it three in a row here. (10) MORNING THUNDER ran out a class and distance winner on June 15th when he settled right back before putting in a powerful final furlong. He comes up 3.5kg in the weights as a result but should be competitive again and the wide draw won't matter. (8) RAON THE BOSS returned to action following almost eight months out on June 26th and was on pace for most of the way before weakening late on. He has run a super time at this distance in the past, should strip fitter for that run and can be in contention here. (4) HAMAN YEOHANGSAN is up in class but can be competitive while (1) LUCKY BREAK, returning from a break, could offer some each-way potential.
|Selections||(6) Man Of The Man (10) Morning Thunder (8) Raon The Boss (4) Haman Yeohangsan|
|Next Best||1, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 8, 9|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
A very competitive race. We'll side with (7) BLUE HAMMER, whose solitary win came at class and distance two starts back when settling just behind the leaders and running on. Last time out on June 25th, he overcame gate twelve to run a game 4th again at class and distance. He draws slightly better today and could come out on top. (5) BLACK CHARM comes in off a strong 2nd at class and distance in a fast time on July 3rd. He will be third-up for this preparation having returned from six months out in June and he could well be peaking today. (2) ACE PLAN comes up in class following a runaway win over 1300M on July 3rd. That was his maiden and while it took eleven goes, it wasn't a surprise as he had plenty of near misses. Moon Se-young remains aboard and he should be competitive in this company. (1) CHALLENGE SOCKS and (10) SINJURYU among others with placing hopes.
|Selections||(7) Blue Hammer (5) Black Charm (2) Ace Plan (1) Challenge Socks|
|Next Best||10, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4, 10|
Busan Race 4: Class 4 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(6) RAON THE FIGHTING is not to be confused with the very similarly named horse who won a big Group race here last week, but he is putting together a decent record in his own right. He has won two of his latest four including last time out at this class over 1400M. He has a 2nd place to his name at this distance at class 5 level and has every chance of adding another win here. (4) WARRIOR CLASS was a class and distance winner on July 15th when racing handy early and taking things up just before the home straight. He comes up a full 5.5kg in the weights here but he draws well, and a repeat isn't impossible. (11) GEUMA GOOD POINT is an on-pace galloper so is done no favours by the drew. He has the fastest time of any of these for the mile and shouldn't be ruled out. (5) BABEL DREAMER and (3) TOP ADELE are others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(6) Raon The Fighting (4) Warrior Class (11) Geuma Good Point (5) Babel Dreamer|
|Next Best||3, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 11|
Seoul Race 7: Class 2 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(9) SEUNGBUSA finished 3rd in the KRA Cup Mile and 2nd in the Korean Derby. He then led the final leg of the Triple Crown, the Minister's Cup, until weakening in the last furlong and a half of the 2000M test. He won the Listed Sports Seoul classic trial over 1400M here in March and the mile should be ideal for him. So too (2) SPOT FLATTER, who races for the first time since winning the TJK Trophy race over 1400M in April when handy throughout. He has won up to 1800M and while his only previous experience of the distance was in last year's KRA Cup Mile in Busan when he finished down the pack, this should suit. (1) CUPID BABE comes up in class having made all to win over 1700M on June 19th and benefits from a light weight as well as the inside gate on this tight start. (7) MIGHTY SOO and (6) HIDDEN SOCKS are others to consider.
|Selections||(9) Seungbusa (2) Spot Flatter (1) Cupid Babe (7) Mighty Soo|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 9|
Busan Race 5: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(9) GOLDEN BYEORAK comes up in class and in distance after a good win over 1200M on July 1st. He has posted fast times over the shorter courses and does have a 3rd place to his name at a mile. He carries a light weight and has a good chance. (4) COOL GUY can mix his form but two starts back ran a very good 2nd to Blue Power over 2000M at this class. He is a two-time winner at this distance and will be a big danger. (8) ECOPIA comes up in class following a good win at the distance on July 8th when handy and running on. She is very nicely weighted here and can measure up in this company. Stablemates (5) SKY MORE and (7) SONIC KING IJI are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(9) Golden Byeorak (4) Cool Guy (8) Ecopia (5) Sky More|
|Next Best||7, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(11) BULBANGUL draws the widest gate but is set to be hot favourite. That follows a very quick class and distance win on June 19th when he settled back but then ran on, at pace to score. He comes up 4kg in the weights for his troubles, but he should still have too much to see this lot off. (8) DAESAN TEUKGEUP ran 6th in that race behind Bulbangul on June 19th but two starts back was a fast winner himself at class and distance. An apprentice jockey takes his weight down today and he can go well. (9) JILJU BORN won at class and distance on June 26th when leading gate to wire. He is less favoured by both gate and weight today but shouldn't be dismissed. (7) MENI SPEAR and the up in class (5) REMARKABLE are others who may be considered at potentially each-way prices.
|Selections||(11) Bulbangul (8) Daesan Teukgeup (9) Jilju Born (7) Meni Spear|
|Next Best||5, 6|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(2) BLACK MASK has finished no worse than 4th in seven starts to date. Her win came on her only previous try around two-turns at 1700M at class 5 level two starts back. She ran a good 2nd on her first run at this level over 1400M on July 3rd. She comes up 3kg under today's set weight conditions but draws very well to be on the pace and she may take some beating. (1) CHEONGSAN GANGHO was a class and distance winner three starts back and last time connections took a shy at the class 3 stumps where he finished 5th of nine over this distance. An apprentice jockey keeps his weight down and from the inside gate he has a chance. (10) WONDERFUL K is ultra-consistent. He won at this class over 1700M two starts ago and while he certainly has his fair share of weight, shouldn't be far away. (3) GLOBAL LUCKY and the up in class (8) FLYING ATHENA others in the hunt.
|Selections||(2) Black Mask (1) Cheongsan Gangho (10) Wonderful K (3) Global Lucky|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 8, 10|
Seoul Race 10: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(5) ACE HAMSEONG is a reliable type who is rarely far from the money. He is yet to score in this class, but he has placed in each of his last four outings, all at class and distance, usually racing just behind the speed but he has also come from well back to run 3rd. He looks nicely in here and today could be his day. (7) RAPIDO ARES has won his latest two including last start on June 19th at class and distance when he led every step of the way. A 4kg apprentice claim means he even carries less weight this time and a hat-trick can't be ruled out. (3) LUCKY WORLD finished 2nd behind Rapido Ares in that June 19th race. That was his first spin around 1800M, and it seemed to suit. He should have benefited from the experience and can go well again. (2) DREAM FASHION races for the first time since April when he ran a very close 2nd at class and distance. He comes up in the weights but draws well and can be competitive. (8) HAEDEULMOE among others in the placing frame.
|Selections||(5) Ace Hamseong (7) Rapido Ares (3) Lucky World (2) Dream Fashion|
|Next Best||8, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 9|
Seoul Race 11: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
We'll take a chance at a probable each-way price on (6) FINAL CANGINO here. He comes in having run 4th in both his last two at class and distance and in fair times. He has won just the once in twenty starts but this looks a good race for him, and he can settle behind the early speed and run on. The likely favourite is (9) PURPLE K. She comes up rapidly in class following two wins and a runner-up finish in her latest three, all over this distance. That brings her down significantly in the weights and while she is perhaps drawn a little further wide than ideal, she has solid claims here. (4) LUISA comes back to this trip for the first time in a very long time, although interestingly, at one from three, she has the highest wins to starts ratio for the distance. She also has the fastest time over it so shouldn't be ruled out. (7) EAST BAN and (5) M J BEST are others with solid placing chances.
|Selections||(6) Final Cangino (9) Purple K (4) Luisa (7) East Ban|
|Next Best||5, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 7, 9|