3 minute read
Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Special Weight A / KRW 40 Million
Juvenile maidens in the opener with four of the twelve racing for the first time. (4) FRESH MAN is the one to beat having run 2nd on debut over 1000M on October 7th racing on pace throughout. He draws well, the step up in trip shouldn't be a problem, and he can go one better this time. (10) MOMO K debuted at this trip on October 14th and came from off the pace to run a fair 3rd. He should be better for the run and can go close again. Among the first-time starters, (8) BEOLGYO CHADOL looks the best. She went through two trials, improving in the second of them when 2nd across the line in a decent time. Bringing that form to the races will see her go close. (2) BEST WHIZ and (11) PASALUBONG others who can enter the frame.
|Selections||(4) Fresh Man (10) Momo K (8) Beolgyo Chadol (2) Best Whiz|
|Next Best||11, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 8|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Special Weight A / KRW 25 Million
Standard maiden here. (5) MIGHTY CAP ran 4th on debut over 1000M before stepping up to today's distance to run 2nd on October 14th having led almost the entire way around. She draws nicely to lead again, and she will be hot favourite to score here. The rest of the exposed form is not great, although (7) THUNDER GALLOPER will probably be second favourite on the strength of his last start 4th place at this distance, his best to date. A repeat of that run could see him get closer in this company. Given the paucity of quality opponents, debut-maker (2) SLAM DRAGON has to be given a chance. It's hard to judge his trial as it was run slowly but he finished off pleasingly enough and draws nicely. (3) CLOVER PARTY and (11) GOLDEN LINE are the other logical place chances.
|Selections||(5) Mighty Cap (7) Thunder Galloper (2) Slam Dragon (3) Clover Party|
|Next Best||11, 10|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Special Weight A / KRW 25 Million
Two standouts here. (1) SAENAE VIVA led almost the entire way around last time out on October 9th only to be taken down by the favourite late on. That was her first start since April, and she should strip fitter for the run and from a nice draw can go one better here. The main danger is (2) POWERFUL VISION. She has shown steady improvement across four starts so far, culminating in a runner-up finish over 1200M on October 7th when handy throughout. She too should be on the speed and really it is a toss-up between her and Saenae Viva for favourite status. (6) STEALTH PARK will be third favourite He was 5th behind Saene Viva on October 9th and at the start before ran 2nd, well back behind a good winner, but having raced on pace, over this distance. He can sit handy and run on here. (4) MACH YEOJE and (10) GEOMUI JEONSEOL are others in the placing hunt.
|Selections||(1) Saenae Viva (2) Powerful Vision (6) Stealth Park (4) Mach Yeoje|
|Next Best||10, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 9, 10|
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Special Weight A / KRW 25 Million
Very tricky maiden to open at Busan. (7) YONGBI CHEONWANG improved at start number three when tried at this distance for the first time on October 13th, racing on pace throughout. There could still be some improvement in the tank, and he can get to the lead here and potentially go all the way. (5) BEST LEADER secured a runner-up finish two starts back having almost managed to lead the whole way around. She followed it up with a 5th place in a decent time over 1200M on October 20th when this time coming from off the pace. The additional half furlong can suit, and she should be close. (9) STORMING MAGIC has a couple of 4th places among four outings to date including the fastest time in the field for the distance and she can be close here. (3) BEST PRIME and (4) DAESEUNGNIJA others to consider for the minors.
|Selections||(7) Yongbi Cheonwang (5) Best Leader (9) Storming Magic (3) Best Prime|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1400M) Special Weight A / KRW 25 Million
(3) MIRAE TOWER comes in off a runner-up finish over 1200M on October 22nd when for the first time he was ridden to lead. He comes up in trip but Moon Se-young stays aboard and similar tactics can be expected here. (5) WONDERFUL SEEKING has raced just twice improving to 4th place at start number two when running on from midfield. She can continue to get closer today. (4) POWER ETCHED beat a couple of these on his way to 3rd place over 1200M on October 21st when coming from off the pace. He already has a runner-up finish to his name over this distance and in this company can be on speed and in this a long way. (6) TRES VITE and (11) SHARP SUNSHINE look to be the other place chances.
|Selections||(3) Mirae Tower (5) Wonderful Seeking (4) Power Etched (6) Tres Vite|
|Next Best||11, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 9|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Special Weight A / KRW 25 Million
(8) ARA NURI enters off back-to-back 3rd place finishes, both at 1200M, first from racing handy and then from closing well. In this inauspicious company, she can be expected to be ridden on pace and while any top three placing will see her exit class 6, it should really be with a win. (2) HAVE A GOOD YEAR looks the second best. He has a 2nd place on his resume over this distance and while he races for the first time since June, he won a trial in late October in a fast time making all and if he can bring anything like that form to the races, he shouldn't be far away. (7) TAEPUNGI CHUKJE has a 3rd place to his name, recorded prior to a five-an-a-half month layoff. He returned underwhelmingly earlier this month but should have come on for the run and can be closer here. (5) MAGIC Q and (1) STORMY DAY possibly the best of a limited rest.
|Selections||(8) Ara Nuri (2) Have A Good Year (7) Taepungi Chukje (5) Magic Q|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 8, 9|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
After two good trials, (8) MEGA DRAGON was a good winner on debut on September 24th, turning on the style late over 1200M. He comes up in class and in distance, but neither should be an issue and he is even down in the weights. He can make it two from two here. It took (9) PURGE KING four goes to get his maiden win, but it had been coming. He settled midfield and then ran on strongly to win well over 1300M. Like Mega Dragon, in the absence of much early speed in this race, he can be ridden on pace today and has every chance of measuring up at this level. (4) SAEROUN BITKKAL was a last start winner at this class over 1700M. It was start number twenty-one and his first ever attempt at this level but his recent form is solid and despite the weight increase, he may go close again. (3) SATURDAY and (1) HIGH PARK others to consider.
|Selections||(8) Mega Dragon (9) Purge King (4) Saeroun Bitkkal (3) Saturday|
|Next Best||1, 5|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 8, 9|
Busan Race 3: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) DOCTOR KANE will be hot favourite to return to the winner's circle here. She got her sole win on August when making all over 1200M and has subsequently run 4th and 2n in two tries at this level, both over the same distance, both times racing on pace and only beaten by Moto Moto (who won again on Friday at class 4 level) last time out. She leads here and should go all the way. (8) VICTOR PARTY did nothing in her first two starts but after being sent back to trial, she came out looking a different animal as she made all to win at 1200M on October 20th. She is up in class but her time has been bettered only by Doctor Kane and she could prove to be the main danger. (9) WIDAEHAN SEONTAEK comes up in class without a win but a repeat of the run he produced for his last start runner-up finish over this distance would see him go close, probably from off the pace. (5) MY MELODY and (4) UNJU BONNEUNG others in the hunt.
|Selections||(7) Doctor Kane (8) Victor Party (9) Widaehan Seontaek (5) My Melody|
|Next Best||4, 9|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Competitive race. (8) JECHUK IHO is yet to win in four starts but us also yet to finish any worse than 4th. He comes in off solid 3rd place at this class over 1200M on October 22nd and the slight step up in trip could see him home from an on-pace position. (9) GRACE K got her sole win to date in July over this distance when making all. She has a 2nd and a 3rd in two subsequent starts at this level and will be joining Jechuk Iho on the early speed with big claims to go all the way. (10) FLYING ZEST is another who got his maiden win over the 1300M, in his case coming off the pace at the end of August. He then closed once more for 2nd on his first go at this level on September 23rd and should be in the finish again. (1) SEUNGNI GONGJU and (7) JEONGMUN PAPAGO are others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(8) Jechuk Iho (9) Grace K (10) Flying Zest (1) Seungni Gongju|
|Next Best||7, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 8, 9|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) FIGHT FAMILY enters off a decent 4th place class and distance on October 27th when on pace throughout. He has a runner-up finish to his name over the same as recently as July and from a good draw, if he can get on pace, this may be his day at what should be an each-way price. (2) TOP FRIEND is yet to win in fourteen attempts but has four runner-up finishes and enters in consistent form. He can settle just behind the speed from a good gate and can be finishing strongly here. (3) MILK DAY was a Class and distance winner on October 27th beating among others Fight Family. He comes up 2.5kg in the weights but warrants respect here. (5) YEONSEUNG BRAVO and the up in class maiden (6) LUCKY BAND others to consider.
|Selections||(4) Fight Family (2) Top Friend (3) Milk Day (5) Yeonseung Bravo|
|Next Best||6, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 5, 6|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(6) KING DIA was a winner on debut and followed up with a 2nd and a 3rd at either end of April. After a setback, he then didn't race again until October 15th when he showed on pace over 1200M before ultimately weakening and finishing back in the pack. He should strip fitter for that run and second up can be the one to beat. (11) BLACK MOTION returns to action for the first time since May when he was 3rd at this class over 1400M. He went through a trial in June and then anther just two weeks ago which he won from the front in a quick time. He has won from off the pace so the wide draw shouldn't be an issue and he has every chance of going here. (1) MEOTJIN GANGHO comes up in class after a win and a runner-up finish in his latest two, both over 1300M. He draws nicely and comes down 3kg in the weights which should bring him into contention. (3) SOARA TO TO and (7) LAROMANEE among plenty of others with solid place hopes.
|Selections||(6) King Dia (11) Black Motion (1) Meotjin Gangho (3) Soara To To|
|Next Best||7, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 8|
Busan Race 5: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(1) SOUTHERN SUPERONE got his maiden win at start number three in fine style at this class on September 15th, stepping up to this distance and settling midfield before steadily improving and pulling away, stopping the clock in a good time. He comes up 3kg in the weights, but he will be favoured to score again. (8) HAMPYEONG MAN comes in off a quick 3rd place at 1200M on October 27th when on pace throughout. He should be able to get on pace again and if he does, he can be in this a long way. (3) VERLUC was a class 5 winner over this distance in a quick time back in July. He has been ordinary in three subsequent efforts at this class, but he is lightly weighted and in this company a return to form can be considered. The up in class but down in weight (11) SEOGWI FLASH, along with (5) GEUMA GOOD POINT are others who may go close.
|Selections||(1) Southern Superone (8) Hampyeong Man (3) Verluc (11) Seogwi Flash|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 8, 10|
Seoul Race 8: Class Open (2000M) Weight for Age / President's Cup (KOR G1) / KRW 1 Billion
The race that decides the best locally bred horse of the year and (15) WINNER'S MAN comes in seeking an unprecedented "Grand Slam" of Korea Group 1 races. He ought to do it too. After a couple of reverses in the summer, he returned to form with a 3rd place when defending his Korea Cup crown in August and then an emphatic victory in the KRA Cup Classic, over this same Seoul trip last month. The main dangers could be three-year-olds. (8) SPEED YOUNG was runner-up in the Minister's Cup, the final leg of the Triple Crown, but recorded a super win over 1800M at class 2 level in Busan in September, making all. He looks to have plenty more to come. So too Derby and Minister's Cup winner (2) GLOBAL HIT. He had a hard time in the Korea Cup but coming in here after two months out he can be a different prospect. He is an all or nothing type with 5 wins from eight starts but no other top five placings, but he draws nicely and if within striking distance, he has a strong finish. (16) SIMJANGUI GODONG won this race two years ago and was runner-up last year. He was a strong 4th in the KRA Cup Classic last month and will be finishing strongly as ever. Triple Tiara winner (11) JEULGEOUNYEOJEONG might just be the best of them all but does carry a doubt having only run 3rd in filly and mare company only over this distance in the Gyeongnam Governor's Cup just three weeks ago. This seems a hard ask just three weeks later but her brilliance isn't in doubt. (13) RAON FIRST a year ago became the first filly or mare to win this race and while she hasn't seen the winner's circle since, she warrants respect.
|Selections||(15) Winner's Man (8) Speed Young (2) Global Hit (16) Simjangui Godong|
|Next Best||11, 13|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 11, 13|
Busan Race 6: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
A winner of five from seven so far, (7) GOLDEN PLUS enters having run 2nd over 1400M on her first try at this class on September 22nd. She continues under a very light weight here, she can be on pace again, and she has every chance. The main danger is (3) HANGANG SAVER. He comes up in class having won two of his lates three at 1200M and 1400M coming from just behind the speed. He comes down a full 4kg in the weights, he draws well, and he can measure up in this company. (10) HALLOWEEN PARTY saw his four-race win streak come to end last time out when even beaten by a couple of today's rivals at 1400M. He comes back to the distance at which he got those wins though and despite the wide gate and coming up in weight, he can be flashing home late. (6) BABEL HIT and (2) HWARANG BEST others to keep safe.
|Selections||(7) Golden Plus (3) Hangang Saver (10) Halloween Party (6) Babel Hit|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||4,7, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 9: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(7) AMERICA GOLD was an eye-catching winner on debut over 1300M on October 14th, sprinting away in the closing stages. He comes up a full 4kg in the weights, but the mile can suit, and he can maintain his 100% record here. (1) WALGADAK comes in off back-to-back 4th place finishes in her two tries at this class following a win over 1700M back in June. She comes back slightly in trip, but she draws very nicely, and Moon Se-young is up today. She has a chance. (2) FALL IN LOVE was an also-ran in this year's Korean Oaks, but she bounced back into action and into form with a smart win at this class over 1400M on October 22nd when handy throughout. She comes up 2.5kg in the weights but she can be competitive here. (3) BURUI SINHWA and (9) GWANGCHIGI among others in the hunt.
|Selections||(7) America Gold (1) Walgadak (2) Fall In Love (3) Burui Sinhwa|
|Next Best||9, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 10: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(7) MY CENTER finished in midfield in Rookie Stakes in August and comes up in class here following a six-length win over this distance on October 22nd when handy throughout and running on strongly. Despite the class rise, he doesn't get a weight drop, but he shouldn't need it, and in this company, he can be on pace and win again. (4) AKKAENGI is also up in class having won last start, in his case making all over 1300M. He does get a slight weight drop and draws well and while he has tended to mix his form, he can be competitive here. (10) GEUMA FIERY has plenty of experience at this class including a couple of placings among his latest four. Antonio climbs up and he should be doing his best work late here. Surprise last start winner (3) COWBOY TANGO is up significantly in the weights but warrants consideration. (11) RAON EMPIRE another to keep safe.
|Selections||(7) My Center (4) Akkaengi (10) Geum Fiery (3) Cowboy Tango|
|Next Best||11, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 7, 9, 11|
Seoul Race 11: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(2) DRAGON STAR participated in all three legs of the Triple Crown with a 3rd place in the KRA Cup Mile being his best result. He comes in having been an also-ran in the Listed Ilgan Sports Trophy over 1800M in September, but he comes back to one-turn racing today and a distance at which he has both won and posted a quick time at. Today can be his day. A two-time winner at this distance, (1) SUPER FINISH could only manage 3rd when sent off as favourite at class and distance on October 15th having led for much of the way around. He draws well to get an easier run to the lead this time and he will probably start the favourite again. (3) COWBOY KING and (8) GUKDAE CLASS beat Super Finish as they finished 1st and 2nd in that October 15th race. Both additional weight to contend with here but both can be dangers again. (6) BLACK CHOCOLATE among plenty of others in with a shout in a competitive finale.
|Selections||(2) Dragon Star (1) Super Finish (3) Cowboy King (8) Gukdae Class|
|Next Best||6, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 8, 9, 10|