3 minute read
Selections based on a good track.
Race 1 - 1:10PM HORSEPOWER FEEDS & SUPPLEMENTS BM 64 HCP (1890 METRES):
3. California Grass was resuming at Goulburn at her latest start and looked in need of the run when failing to beat a runner home. She steps up to a more suitable trip in this and will strip fitter. She's drawn wide but can be expected to be hitting the line well.
Dangers: 7. Zizette had performed well enough in a couple of city runs before being run down late when second at this track last time out. She only needs to run up to that to be hard to hold out here. 6. Lady Superspy comes into this on the back of a last start placing at Muswellbrook and she can be thereabouts again. 4. Iverson has been racing well enough of late to be rated a chance again.
How to play it: California Grass WIN.
Race 2 - 1:50PM GREENWAY TURF SUPPLIES MAIDEN PLATE (1890 METRES):
10. Icebreaker has been racing well of late having finished midfield in his first two runs back from a spell when racing on the speed. At his last two starts at Kembla Grange he's raced a little further back and hit the line well enough to be close-up in fourth on each occasion.
Dangers: 13. Razella has been placed in three of her last four starts including a last start second at Wyong. She warrants respect here. 8. Autunno ran well at Gosford at his latest start and can be thereabouts again if he backs up that effort. 9. Gunslinger is lightly raced and a bold showing would not surprise.
How to play it: Icebreaker EACH WAY.
Race 3 - 2:25PM COMMUNITY RACE DAY THIS SUNDAY BM 64 HCP (1500 METRES):
3. Shuri raced on the speed from an outside gate when on debut at Taree and she dashed clear in the straight to score with ease. She steps up 100m in trip for this and has drawn ideally. Expect her to take plenty of running down.
Dangers: 2. Mistress was a winner at Scone earlier in the year then was down the track here before being spelled. She's had two trials to prepare for this return to racing and should run well. 1. Flic En Flac did enough when placed at Goulburn last time out to suggest she can run well again. 6. Watch My Girl is a last start Gosford winner and she can show up again without surprising.
How to play it: Shuri WIN.
Race 4 - 3:05PM COASTLINE POOL & SPA CG&E BM 64 HCP (1500 METRES):
2. Olivia's Spirit looked good winning at Grafton at his latest start when he put paid to rivals with ease after racing in a prominent position. He wasn't beaten far at this track before that.
Dangers: 1. Desi Emperor has been racing well and defeated subsequent city winner The Englishman at Kembla Grange two starts back. He since ran a solid second at Hawkesbury. 5. Lumiere failed to beat a runner home when resuming but can improve sharply here. 7. Harvey's Way showed improvement here last time out and can be placed here if at his best.
How to play it: Olivia's Spirit WIN.
Race 5 - 3:40PM HUNGERFORD HILL WINES PROVINCIAL MAIDEN PLATE (1400 METRES):
8. Jared is lightly raced and has figured in the placings in four of his six starts, the latest when finishing second at Hawkesbury when beaten less than a length. He has a wide barrier to contend with here but has the talent to offset that.
Dangers: 3. My Mate Cobber raced on the speed an Muswellbrook at his latest start and held on well to finish second. He has the advantage of gate one here. 4. Tsarism was a solid placegetter at Gosford when last produced and he can be thereabouts again. 5. Zoukeeper resumed with a fourth at Kembla Grange and he can figure here with a repeat performance.
How to play it: Jared WIN.
Race 6 - 4:20PM NEW ERA TECHNOLOGY MAIDEN PLATE (1200 METRES):
8. Equipage is a Lonhro filly which debuted at Canterbury earlier this year with a fourth placing. She since resumed at Kembla Grange earlier this month and finished fourth as favourite when beaten just over a length. She is ready to win.
Dangers: 7. Belyaev has been placed in three of her six starts and she was solid when finishing third at Gosford last time out. 10. Galaxy Field has only had two starts and she ran well when fourth at this track at her latest start. 6. Turbulent is resuming from a spell and has had a couple of trials to prepare for the return to racing.
How to play it: Equipage WIN.
Race 7 - 4:55PM KLOSTER MOTOR GROUP CONDITIONAL BM 68 HCP (1200 METRES):
5. Divine Vicky impressed when returning from a freshen-up with a strong victory at Scone three starts back. She since was close-up when midfield at Warwick Farm before hitting the line well for a second on the Kensington track. That form looks strong for a race like this.
Dangers: 8. Surfers Royale resumed from a spell with a fourth at Gosford behind Tim's Principal in what was an acceptable performance. 12. Tim's Principal hit the line well to score in that race and has claims again here on the strength of that. 11. Tavs has been racing well this campaign and should not be underestimated.
How to play it: Divine Vicky WIN.
Race 8 - 5:30PM PFD FOOD SERVICES BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (900 METRES):
4. Good Lieutenant resumed from a spell with a solid win at Kembla Grange when racing on the speed and fighting on well. He has a sound overall record and should figure again here with a repeat of his latest effort.
Dangers: 1. Osterberg won a couple on end at the Sunshine Coast earlier in the year and wasn't disgraced at Eagle Farm before being spelled. He resumes here and is poised to run well fresh. 6. Mafia has looked good in a couple of trials leading into this resuming run and he has a handy record. 10. In A Step has drawn well and was scratched at Taree on Sunday to be saved for this.
How to play it: Good Lieutenant WIN.
Race 3 (3) Shuri.
Race 6 (8) Equipage.
Race 2 (10) Icebreaker.