3 minute read
Race 1 - 2:10PM EVERY OCCASION CATERING MAIDEN PLATE (1600 METRES)
8. Naahro was resuming from a spell when he hit the line hard from well back for a second at Scone. He backed that up with another second at that track when an odds-on favourite. He is ready to peak here and has drawn to advantage.
Dangers: 4. More For Us was placed at this track earlier in the year prior to heading for a spell. He's had two runs back from a spell and finished second in each of them at Armidale and here. He's knocking on the door for a win. 1. Boys Cry has been placed in three of his past four starts and has place claims again. 2. Crux Rebellion is yet to figure in the placings from 10 starts, but could sneak into the minor money here without surprising.
How To Play It: Naahro WIN.
Race 2 - 2:45PM HAWKK FACILITIES COUNTRY BOOSTED MAIDEN PLATE (1000 METRES)
12. Tingler is a filly on debut for the Brett Cavanough stable. She had two trials at Muswellbrook midway through the year and ran well in each of them when placed in both. She's drawn a little awkwardly here but looks to have the talent to be able to give this a shake.
Dangers: 1. Canny Prospect comes into this on the back of a last start third at Scone. He's been placed in seven of his 13 starts and warrants thought. 8. Miss Adamas is fresh for this and had a string of four straight placings to her name prior to taking a short break. 11. Floss's One debuted with a fourth at Mudgee and a repeat of that would have her figuring in the finish in this.
How to play it: Tingler EACH WAY.
Race 3 - 3:25PM BARNSON BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
6. Are You Joking has only had three starts and he followed a couple of solid efforts at Scone with a strong maiden victory at Muswellbrook when he justified an odds-on quote. Aaron Bullock takes the ride in this and the galloper looks set to go on with the job.
Dangers: 5. Capital Gamble finished second as favourite at Muswellbrook last time out and should figure here if she runs up to that. 1. Poet Lad was a winner at this track back in March and comes into this having finished third at Gunnedah at his most recent start. 3. Royalz followed a Scone win with a last start midfield effort at Armidale and place claims look best.
How to play it: Are You Joking WIN.
Race 4 - 4:05PM THANK YOU MITCH, DANNY & JOE BM 66 HCP (1000 METRES)
6. Nosey has struck form again of late having followed a third placing at Scone three starts ago with a second at Bong Bong on cup day. He since enjoyed the run of the race from the inside gate at Armidale just over a week ago and got the job done to score in good fashion. He's drawn wide in this event but is going well enough to make an impact again.
Dangers: 3. Hyland Bay is resuming from a spell here, and while his form was mixed last campaign, he has a solid overall record and should give this a shake. 4. Endless River finished fourth behind Nosey at Armidale and shouldn't be too far away again. 10. Pull The Tail has been racing well and can be placed if she runs up to her recent efforts.
How to play it: Nosey WIN.
Race 5 - 4:40PM TAMWORTH CITY TOYOTA SUPER MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
3. Night Fighter is a Smart Missile three-year-old on debut in this for trainer Sue Grills. The gelding had a trial at this track earlier in the year than had Aaron Bullock in the saddle when he finished second in another trial at this track last month. Bullock sticks with Night Fighter in this and he can figure prominently.
Dangers: 1. Rembroy has only had four race starts and he's been placed in two of them. He was a beaten favourite at Moree last time out but can bounce back here. 5. She's Got Teeth is resuming from a spell and has had two trials to prepare for this. She's been placed in two of five starts and bears close watching. 7. Dance Off was placed at Armidale last time out and could show up again.
How to play it: Night Fighter WIN.
Race 6 - 5:15PM TAMWORTH PROPERTY CO COUNTRY BOOSTED C2 HCP (1400 METRES)
3. Vis I Do was a winner at Armidale earlier in the year and had a trial at this track before resuming this campaign. He's had three starts this preparation for a resuming close-up second here, before following another close-up effort when third at Muswellbrook with another third placing at Wellington. He's rock hard fit for this.
Dangers: 1. Mangoola was a winner at Muswellbrook last preparation and performed well enough when placed behind Amicus Curiae at this track when resuming and beaten just over a length. 2. Crime Spree is first-up from a spell and wasn't disgraced behind The Hungarian at Dubbo before the break. 4. Aarkus has the advantage of barrier one and was close-up to Vis I Do at this track three starts back.
How to play it: Vis I Do WIN.
Race 7 - 5:50PM BRYCON CIVIL CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
4. Everylittle Breeze is a former Victorian based mare that resumed for the Todd Howlett stable when finishing second at Scone when beaten less than a length. She should have derived benefit from that hitout and should figure prominently again.
Dangers: 1. Wiggles had two runs in Victoria earlier this year including a dominant Swan Hill maiden victory on debut. He was down the track at Ballarat before being spelled and since resumed for a new stable with a midfield effort at Scone. 2. Mr Trackside was placed at Scone last time out and has claims with a repeat of that. 3. Mr Wallace was placed when resuming then finished seventh at Scone last time out. He's had a tick over trial to be kept fit for this.
How to play it: Everylittle Breeze WIN.
Race 5 (3) Night Fighter.
Race 7 (4) Everylittle Breeze.
Race 2 (12) Tingler.