3 minute read
Race 1 - 1:29PM THE COUNTRY CLUB ST GEORGES BASIN MAIDEN (1100 METRES):
3. Mr Showman has had three runs back from a spell and is knocking on the door for a victory. He's finished second at his latest two starts on the Beaumont track at Newcastle and then at Hawkesbury. From the good barrier here, Mr Showman should get every chance.
Dangers: 2. Absolve had two runs earlier this year and was safely held in each of them. He has since had two trials to prepare for this return to racing and a bold first-up showing is on the cards. 6. Pretty Sassy is on debut here and looked good in a recent trial. 5. Ballistic Jewel is on debut and while her trials haven't set the world on fire, she could sneak into the placings.
Race 2 - 2:04PM POWER FM CLASS 2 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1600 METRES):
1. Dawn Issue was a winner at Goulburn earlier this year and was then spelled. He had two trials in preparation for his return to racing and wasn't beaten far when resuming with a midfield Kembla Grange effort, before leading when holding on for a third at Orange. He should be prominent throughout from the inside alley.
Dangers: 3. Flic En Flac was placed at Goulburn when resuming then ran last in a small field at Warwick Farm last time out. She can improve back to this company. 4. Justela was from disgraced at Rosehill two starts back then won well last time out at Wyong. 6. Temple Garden has been racing well at the Sapphire Coast of late and only needs to run up to those efforts to be rated a chance here.
Race 3 - 2:39PM BOMADERRY BOWLING CLUB BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1400 METRES):
6. Miss Givings has been racing well of late having scored at this track three starts ago when running home strongly. She was since close-up when fourth at Canberra, before bouncing back with another solid victory at the Sapphire Coast last time out.
Dangers: 7. Toes In The Water is lightly raced with only three starts to her name and she won well at Canberra last time out. 3. Heir Jordan was a winner on the Acton track at Canberra two starts back then wasn't far away at Moruya. 8. Coupla Days will find this harder than recent runs but has place claims.
R4 - 3:14PM BRIAN HAYWARD ELECTRICAL BELLE OF THE SOUTH BM 66 HCP (1200 M):
2. Lethal Lady was a winner on the Acton track at Canberra before finishing down the track there before heading for a break. She since resumed in Highway grade at Randwick when finishing down the track behind Emperor. She will find this an easier assignment and can bounce back.
Dangers: 4. Underground Music has been just behind the placings in her last three starts and she can show up here without surprising. 6. Discreet Miss won well when resuming at this track then finished third in tougher grade at Rosehill. 9. Santorini Sun failed to figure in the placings last time out but her form before that was solid enough to be rated a chance against these.
Race 5 - 3:46PM HQ INSURANCE CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1000 METRES):
7. Riva D'Amor is resuming from a spell and she has won fresh when scoring at Goulburn earlier this year. She was far from disgraced in city grade at Warwick Farm following that, and she has had a recent trial to prepare for this. Expect her to sprint well fresh again.
Dangers: 1. Line Of Law showed talent early in her career and she broke her maiden at Kembla Grange in June before being spelled. She resumed with a close-up second at Orange and can figure here on her best form. 3. Not That Easy is resuming from a spell and ran well when placed at Newcastle before the break. 5. Split Decision resumed with a solid effort at Scone and is not out of this.
Race 6 - 4:30PM KNK BUILDERS COUNTRY MAIDEN SHOWCASE PLATE (1400 METRES):
2. Big Ray is only lightly raced but has two minor placings to his name from just four starts. He should take up a prominent position here and can take plenty of running down.
Dangers: 10. Hotlips Houlihan hasn't been beaten far in any of her three runs back from a spell and she can show up against these without shocking. 9. Maktabi is lightly raced and has the talent to be a factor in this company. 5. Laguna Seca has been placed in each of his latest three starts and should be thereabouts based on those efforts.
Race 7 - 5:05PM COUNTRY MOTOR COMPANY NOWRA CUP (1600 METRES):
9. Clear Choice is a consistent type which has had three wins and four placings from just 10 starts. He was only narrowly beaten when finishing second at Canterbury last time out and he looked good scoring at Rosehill before that.
Dangers: 7. Cinque Torri was a winner at Warwick Farm four starts ago then ran well when fifth in a couple of Randwick runs before a last start third in the Snake Gully Cup. He can give plenty of cheek here. 6.Baltic Coast battled on well when finishing third at Kembla Grange at his most recent start and was scratched at Canterbury on Friday night to be saved for this. 3. Colour Sergeant has been racing well and is drawn to get a good run in this.
Race 8 - 5:45PM MAGIC MILLIONS GOLD COAST SUPER MAIDEN HCP (1200 METRES):
3. Prince Of Sepang is first-up after more than a year away from racing. He wasn't disgraced in his only two starts, and has looked good in two recent trials to prepare for this. He is drawn to be prominent throughout.
Dangers: 9. Picasso's Dream looked good in a trial before debuting with a third at Orange when beaten less than a length. She only needs to run up to that to be a leading contender here. 5. Killer Kerr is resuming here on the back of a trial win and had solid form last campaign. 11. Paraclete is on debut and could sneak into the placings on the back of her trial form.