3 minute read
Are You Passionate About Horse Racing?
Established in 1999, Racing and Sports is one of the largest suppliers of bespoke form products, daily news, IT services and technology solutions for the Racing Industry.
We are seeking a Form and Ratings Analyst to play an integral part in our Handicapping Team. In this role you will be part of team engaged in managing local and international ratings, analysing form and producing content for the website. The successful applicant must be able to work effectively in a team environment, work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines for both Australian and overseas race meetings.
This is an exciting and challenging position and represents a rare opportunity for the right person interested in weight/class ratings, form analysis, wagering, research and all aspects of horse racing, to build a career at Racing and Sports Pty Ltd. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity of working directly with CEO Gary Crispe and Chief Handicapper Adam Blencowe.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Preparation of historical ratings and pre- and post-race analysis from a rating perspective for Australia and Overseas thoroughbred racing;
- Research, analysis and reporting on all aspects of racing including Thoroughbred, Harness and greyhound codes;
- Preparation of weekly articles and papers on various aspects of form/ratings analysis;
- Preparation of race views and associated analysis for all codes;
- Developing Harness and greyhound handicapping methodologies; andUndertake statistical research and analysis for racing and breeding.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough understanding of:
- Weight/class ratings methodology and be competent in their use and calculation and have the ability to quantify opinion and judgement in post race analysis for race ratings and determination of final class figures;
- Class structures throughout Australia and New Zealand;
- Accurate and articulate Race form analysis including pre- and post-race and associated analytical skills to "read a race", including studying race videos and prepare horse comments/race summaries and video comments;
- The weight for age table and its impact on Ratings and thoroughbred performance;
- Sectional time analysis and its application;
- Frame pre post markets for Australian and overseas race, harness and greyhound meetings;
- Wagering principles and market percentages;
- Form elements for Harness and greyhound racing; and
- An aptitude for mathematics and the ability to understand and use statistical computer packages.
Characteristics of the successful candidate include:
- Demonstrated analytical ability and attention to detail to ensure data integrity;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, together with the ability to work well in a small team;
- Ability to research a wide variety of topics in the thoroughbred racing industry dealing with ratings, form analysis and wagering and prepare reports and recommendations with minimal supervision; and
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the MS Office suite of products or equivalent.
Previous experience with race time and sectional time analysis or other methodologies; and knowledge of thoroughbred breeding, particularly as it relates to race form analysis, will also be highly regarded.
This position is located in Canberra and is offered on a permanent, full time basis. As such it is expected that the successful candidate will work exclusively for Racing and Sports.
Reasonable after-hours work may also be necessary.
The salary negotiated with the successful candidate will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Enquiries may be made to Gary Crispe, CEO on (02) 6288 4080.
To apply please send your resume together with a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position and telling us why this is the perfect role for you to email@example.com.
To be eligible for this role you must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Please note that applications that do not include your current residential address, email address and mobile phone number will not be considered.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Applications close on Monday 15th March 2021 at 5pm.
No Agencies please.