Juvenile maidens including the first two-year-old of the year to race for the second time. That experience could be key and (3) A ONE STAR is the pick. He ran 3rd of eight on debut on May 28th when at the back of the field for most of the way before running on strongly. He should have come on for that and can give trainer Ji Yong-cheol a winning start to the final weekend of his thirty-six-year career. A One Star shows we always have to be careful with the trial results as he was very slow in his and was sent off at 76/1 on debut. (7) MORNING PRINCE won his heat when prominent throughout and is perhaps the pick of the newcomers. (1) GLOBAL KANGTA ran on well for 3rd in his heat in a fair time. He gets a better draw for his real race debut and can go close. (4) NEMO PRINCE and (6) HANGANG YEOUL also ran in times that can see them competitive here.
|Selections||(3) A One Star (7) Morning Prince (1) Global Kangta (4) Nemo Prince|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Another set of juveniles racing for a big prize with seven of the nine making their racecourse debuts. We'll side with experience though and (6) WHITE NUMBER ONE. After trialing up fairly, he ran 3rd on debut having been handy throughout and with some natural improvement from that run, can go very close here. (5) SURE WIN won her trial in fine style, sitting behind the leader early before running on well. If she brings that form to the races, she will be in the finish. (1) LEGAL HIGH also won her trial, settling back and running on. The time wasn't fast but didn't need to be and with an apprentice taking 3kg off her back, she comes in under a feather weight. (2) NAVY CHROME is a rare California Chrome filly in Korea. She made all to win her trial in a fair time and from a nice draw should be on pace early here. (8) GEOMEUN JIJLU among others who hinted at ability in trials.
|Selections||(6) White Number One (5) Sure Win (1) Legal High (2) Navy Chrome|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Three-year-old (and one juvenile) maidens here with five of the twelve racing for the first time. It's hard to look far past (1) OKCHEON CHOEGANG. He has shown steady improvement over his four starts so far and at his latest was 2nd at this distance on May 29th when handy to the speed throughout and briefly leading with a furlong to run. He draws well here to lead and should go all the way. (5) KINGS EYE ran 4th behind Okcheon Choegang in that May 29th race. That was an improvement from his debut and if he continues on the same development trajectory, he has a chance here. So too (8) EUNPA MOUNTAIN, who came home 3rd at this distance at start number two on May 22nd. He will look to sit handy to the speed and can run on. Debut-maker (4) GOLD POWER as well as (11) ARA CHAMP are among others in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(1) Okcheon Choegang (5) Kings Eye (8) Eunpa Mountain (4) Gold Power|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 8, 9|
Seoul Race 4: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Fillies and mares only here. (5) K N OLD QUEEN is the one to beat. Her win came at this distance in a good time when making all at class 6 level in January and she has run fairly in two subsequent outings at this class including her latest on May 15th when 3rd. She likes to sit on pace or handy and should prove too strong here. (4) HWASUBOON had a poor day at the office over 1300M on March 26th. She's had almost three months off since then and is a class and distance winner already so can be given another chance today. Likewise (2) REMARKABLE was only ordinary on her latest appearance on May 29th. She is yet to win in eleven attempts but has twice placed at this class and distance and from a good draw can settle back and run on into the money again here. (9) ELITE RULES and (1) CONCORD SPARK are others who can have lines drawn through their respective latest runs and can go better today.
|Selections||(5) K N Old Queen (4) Hwasuboon (2) Remarkable (9) Elite Rules|
|Next Best||1, 7|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 8, 11|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(10) P N S CHANCE was given her chance in the Gyeonggi Governor's Cup, the final leg of the filly Triple Crown on June 4th. That proved a bit too much for her but her form entering was good including a May win at this distance, albeit at class 6 level, and she continues to be very nicely weighted. She can win. There is a danger that the 2000M just three weeks ago may have taken a bit much out of here, in which case (5) JANGGUN BYEOL is the one to turn to. A winner from a wide gate over 1200M at class 6 level two starts back, he ran 3rd on his first try at this class on May 29th. He has run well at this distance before and from a good draw, should be on pace from the start. He may prove hard to get past. (2) MAKALU POWER returned from six months off on June 4th and came from off the pace to run 2nd, albeit well beaten by a good winner, over 1200M. He is a winner at 1400M and while up slightly in the weights, will be powering home late again. (7) GOLD SPIKE and (3) WONDERFUL WOMAN others who can enter the calculations.
|Selections||(10) P N S Chance (5) Janggun Byeol (2) Makalu Power (7) Gold Spike|
|Next Best||3, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(3) GRAND POWER comes in following a good 2nd place at class and distance on May 7th when he worked his way other from a wide gate to be handy to the lead. He is yet to win in seven attempts but has three runner-up finishes to his name and having drawn better today and only come up 1kg in the weights, today could be his day. The main danger has not drawn well. That shouldn't matter too much though as (12) BLUE HAMMER does not need to lead and he overcame gate nine to get his maiden win at class and distance on May 14th. He comes up 2kg in the weights but has the strongest finish among any of these and will be in the finish. (2) TINA was 3rd behind Grand Power on May 7th. She has since put in a creditable showing over 1700M, but this should suit better, and she has at least placing claims. (4) KING SIMBA and (1) AMAZING WHIZ others in the frame.
|Selections||(3) Grand Power (12) Blue Hammer (2) Tina (4) King Simba|
|Next Best||1, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 7|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(5) REDBACK is a class and distance and comes in having gone close when 3rd on May 15th. With an apprentice aboard, he comes down in the weights here and that could be enough to see him home on top. (6) CHEONGSAN GANGHO comes un having won his latest two, both at this distance and most recently at this class on May 21st, when settling back and running on. He comes up a full 3kg but that shouldn't stop him from being competitive again. (2) CHALLAN HANNAL comes up 4kg from his last start class and distance win on May 7th. He likes to go back and then close, and while that wasn't a strong race for the level, he can go close. (1) ACHIM HAMSEONG looks to be working his way back into form and comes back slightly in trip following a decent 2nd and a 4th over 1800M. (8) CHEONGDAM WICKED another to keep safe.
|Selections||(5) Redback (6) Cheongsan Gangho (2) Challan Hannal (1) Achim Hamseong|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 8|
Seoul Race 8: Class 2 (2000M) Allowance / KRW 90 Million
(5) BOLT MAN can return to winning ways here. He is a class 2 winner over 1800M and at his latest start on May 1st, ran an in no way disgraced 6th of thirteen behind Winner's Man in the Listed Herald Business Trophy over this distance. He comes up in weight here but has won under this impost before and can do so again. The testing material is (7) DETERMINATION. He won three races in a row, including the Listed Sports Chosun at this distance in March. He led at his latest outing, his first in class 2, on April 16th, ultimately finishing 3rd and coming in fresh off a ten-week layoff, he has claims and is the only one in the field to have previously won at this distance. (2) QUEENS TOUR tries her luck at class 2 for the first time. That makes her nicely weighted, and she does have experience of the distance. (4) HIDDEN SOCKS and (8) LOOKING GOOD are others with at least placing chances.
|Selections||(5) Bolt Man (7) Determination (2) Queens Tour (4) Hidden Socks|
|Next Best||8, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 7|
Seoul Race 9: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(5) SONGAM CANDY is a class and distance winner and enters in solid form, consistently recording good times at this distance. At his latest start on May 29th, he settled well back in the pack before running on and beating a couple of today's rivals on his way to 4th place, and he can win here. (9) SINUI ADEUL looks to be the main danger. He comes up in class following back-to-back 3rd places over 1200M. He has previously run times for this distance that would be competitive at this level and under a lightweight, he can go close. (4) WINNER BLUE can mix his form but looks nicely in here and can be competitive while (6) GYORYONGDEUKSU showed on pace in that May 29th race behind Songam Candy before weakening but has won at the distance and can be afforded another chance here. 2020 Oaks winner (8) UARYUNG another in the hunt.
|Selections||(5) Songam Candy (9) Sinui Adeul (4) Winner Blue (6) Gyeoryongdeuksu|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 9, 10|